Author Topic: Last Days  (Read 243 times)

Offline DonBusch

• Banned
  • (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: -9
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Don
  • Belief: Other
Last Days
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:46:16 AM »
anvilhauler wrote (in an older post)

"The fig tree is a reference to Israel.  Until 1948 we didn't even have a fig tree.  Now that the fig tree is in the world again we all watch of course waiting for the tree to start putting forth leaves because after that it will begin the bear fruit."

Heb 1:2  Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

We've been in the "last days" ever since Jesus spoke to us. The "Israel" of the New Covenant is all those who believe on Christ. The Israel of the Old Covenant doesn't exist any more...

Ask yourself, "Who is Israel?". Certainly not the U.N. created State of Israel.

don
2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 43
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: Last Days
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 02:10:03 PM »
If the Israel of the Old Covenant "doesn't exist anymore," then God lied to Israel in the Old Testament. God cannot lie. That's exactly what I meant when I responded to your introductory post; you came here to try and teach people, but you are in heavy amounts of ignorance on Scripture because you've been corrupted by worldly doctrines. In other words, you're in no position in knowledge and spirit to teach anyone yet concerning the things of Christ. If you came here in humility to learn, that would be one thing, but you didn't come in that manner. You are in desperate need of correction, but I see no evidence that you want correction.
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Pro 15:10

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline DonBusch

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 12:38:29 PM »
Jer 31:31  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:8  For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:13  In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Do you remember the terms of the Old Covenant? It was not even 40 days old before the people of Israel broke it... and have been breaking it ever since.

11  And it came to pass at the end of forty days and forty nights, that the LORD gave me the two tables of stone, even the tables of the covenant.
12  And the LORD said unto me, Arise, get thee down quickly from hence; for thy people which thou hast brought forth out of Egypt have corrupted themselves; they are quickly turned aside out of the way which I commanded them; they have made them a molten image.
2Th 2:11  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 01:24:40 PM »
There's a big difference between saying the Israel of the Old Covenant no longer exists and saying that the Old Covenant no longer exists. While it is true that the Old Covenant has been replaced by the New, Israel has not. Sounds like you're a proponent of replacement theology, which is false doctrine.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 04:10:20 PM »
Good eye Jeanne. He changed his argument from "Israel of the Old Covenant" to just "The Old Covenant," which are two very distinct phrases. He's trying to fool people into thinking we don't know what we're saying. He's deceiving himself and others, and he's getting real close to getting kicked off this forum.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 05:57:37 PM »
For a born again person it is easy to see the difference between Israel the nation and Israel the children of the promise that exists in the world today.  If not then these two pieces of scripture would be in conflict with eachother.

Romans 9 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. 26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. 27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Romans 11 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 for this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

The children of the flesh vs the children of the promise.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline DonBusch

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 06:07:22 AM »
The land. Who did God give it to?

Ge 17:8  And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

and who is the true seed of Abraham, and who is not?

Ro 9:7  Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Ro 9:8  That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

and to whom was the promise given, and who inherits the promise?

Ga 3:16  Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Ga 3:29  And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 01:12:56 PM »
See how he ignores the point we made to him? There's no sense in talking with this guy any longer. I went ahead and banned him for other stuff he's already posted on our forum; you can check his other posts if you want to see why.