Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Tithe is NOT a Christian Requirement p11  (Read 1820 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 457
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(WEEKLY TEACHING) Tithe is NOT a Christian Requirement p11
« on: March 09, 2020, 03:29:15 PM »
Tithe is NOT a Christian Requirement p11
In part 11, we discuss the financial mess of the tithe-centered Crystal Cathedral, and the corruption of Robert Schuller.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Tithe is NOT a Christian Requirement p11
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 06:38:44 PM »
As I read these verses today I could not help but think of all the greedy false pastors that God is, no doubt, going to rebuke and destroy one day:

Psalm 50:16-21 KJV
But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth? Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee. When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers. Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit. Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son. These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.