Author Topic: the valley of achor and the door of hope  (Read 1679 times)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
the valley of achor and the door of hope
« on: August 14, 2024, 09:59:02 PM »
I was doing a study on the valley of Achor when I came across this bible verse.     
Hos 2:14-15 Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.

And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.

What I am wondering is the part,  the valley of Achor for a door of hope.

Going back to jos chapter 6 vers 16-18
  And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets, Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for the LORD hath given you the city.

And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent.

And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it.

This is where Achor comes in. in jos chaper 7 we find out Achan took for himself a garment, silver and gold making him cursed and all of Israel. To lift the curse God told Joshua to destroy the accursed from among yourselves

in verse 25-26 Achor was stoned by all of Israel and burnt with fire him all all his family with his stuff. Then they covered them with a great heap of stones and name the valley The valley of Achor.

Going back to hos 2:15 where it say and the valley of Achor for a door of hope.  how I am interpret this is this door of hope is only opened by getting rid of the accursed things. This also includes adulteries whoredoms going after other gods and so on

I am just wondering if my interpretation on this door of hope is right. Any thoughts ?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: the valley of achor and the door of hope
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2024, 10:04:43 PM »
this also includes separating from people who have or follow after accrued things