Author Topic: Worship Defined In Luke  (Read 1434 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 153
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Worship Defined In Luke
« on: August 11, 2024, 07:42:19 AM »
I was reading Luke and I came to the part where it gives a good insight in to what the word "worship" means.

Luke 14 King James Version
10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee
cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the
presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be
exalted.

Of course just because someone at a wedding is invited to come up in to another room, that doesn't mean that people start bowing down to them, it only means they are a person held in regard by the wedding hosts.

I had a search through the articles to see if this account of worship was mentioned and it didn't appear to be

"meaning" "worship" site:www.creationliberty.com/articles

so I thought I would do a post here in case it was of interest or of help to anyone. 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 459
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Worship Defined In Luke
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2024, 07:58:53 AM »
Right. Words can have different meaning depending on the context.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18