Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Christmas: Rejecting Jesus p16  (Read 2080 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 459
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(WEEKLY TEACHING) Christmas: Rejecting Jesus p16
« on: July 29, 2024, 12:18:37 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 72
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Christmas: Rejecting Jesus p16
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 01:34:49 PM »
Interesting fact, there's only ONE thing that was discouraged from being consumed in the new testament regardless of if it's offered to idols or not...in Acts: 15:29:

"That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye  shall do well. Fare ye well."

With that said, the consumption of blood as part of a diet is pretty rare these days (I think I've only seen one tribe in East Africa consume it with raw meat, but oh well) and things like Black Pudding (a European blood sausage, which is also not commonly available from what I've seen.)

Also, isn't interesting the argument Kirk gave to basically try and give himself a license to sin...yes, the earth is the Lords, but not everything currently in it is of the Lord, because this world is corrupted by sin...actually, now that I think about it, if Kirk says everything in the world is of God therefore it's all good...sin is in the world...is he saying sin is of God?  :-\ :-\
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 459
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2024, 02:31:47 PM »
Also, isn't interesting the argument Kirk gave to basically try and give himself a license to sin...yes, the earth is the Lords, but not everything currently in it is of the Lord, because this world is corrupted by sin...actually, now that I think about it, if Kirk says everything in the world is of God therefore it's all good...sin is in the world...is he saying sin is of God?  :-\ :-\
That's not really the issue because he didn't argue that. The way to handle him is to ask him the following questions:

Is everything God makes good? - He would say "yes," and I would agree. Even hell is good for its intended purpose.

Can men do things with God's creation that is evil? - He would have to say "yes" or look like a moron because all I have to do is bring up a church-ianity hot topic, like abortion, and he would look like an idiot.

So once he's answered those questions, he's trapped. At that point, just use abortion.

-Did God create babies?

-Does mankind do things with babies that is evil? After all, pagans do things with babies that we wouldn't even want to know about, so does that mean we should ignore it, as Kirk suggested in his speech?

I'll tell you exactly where the conversation would go from that point: He would argue that pagans "corrupted" Christmas as he stated in his speech, and at that point, he's dug himself a hole very deep because all I have to do is ask him for evidence that Christmas was a celebration that the early Christians recognized, and pagans came along later and ruined it.

That evidence doesn't exist. Game. Set. Match. Thanks for playin' Kirk.  8)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 72
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2024, 01:36:15 PM »
I know he didn't overtly state "I get to sin because...", but it's not hard to follow his train of thought to it's logical conclusion.

Just saying, that even eluding to something like that would be enough to make me want to take a few steps back from him after it came out of his mouth...even more so than if someone playing around with a live grenade.

It really is a sad situation and somewhat maddening to see the lengths people will go to defend a seasonal festival, but then again the heart is deceitful above all things.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.