Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2861 times)

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Micheal
  • Belief: Christian
Introduction
« on: November 19, 2021, 07:56:06 AM »
My name is Micheal. I live in Mcminnville Tn. I absolutely love giving out tracts and street preaching. I enjoy reading God's word and fellowshiping ( if that's even a " word ") and growing in the faith. I love reading articles on CLE and telling others about it but I always resort to God's Holy word the KJV Bible. God bless you all. Please feel free to contact me however the Lord leads you to.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 07:59:02 AM »
Hi Mike,

Can you tell us about your testimony of salvation?
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 08:07:59 AM »
I grew up in a typical church going family. I was for many years a false convert until I realized by watching a few sermons and mainly reading scripture that my fruitless ( bad fruit) life up until that point was leading me to hell. I don't follow preachers per say but Christ can use anything and anyone. Honestly what helped me the most ( To Christ be the glory ) is immersing myself in God's word and the CLE articles about false converts and eternal security.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 454
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 10:49:36 AM »
I gotta' be frank, that didn't answer her question.

Did you read the following link? It's on multiple pages on the forum; it's called...

ALL NEW MEMBERS (READ THIS FIRST)

Maybe that will help. There's some examples of people giving great introductions in there.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 11:27:55 AM »
Well, although I'm not big on telling people what they want to hear rather what they need to hear I'll try again. :). I was relying on common church " traditions " and more so placed my trust/hope in a prayer with no repentance. I read through Matthew 7:13-23  and John 15:6 more times than I can remember. When Christ said ( says ) to strive to enter the narrow gate I was convicted by the Holy Spirit of not doing so. When that was revealed to me and I took heed to it,  I felt like utter filth and realized that if I don't strive to enter the narrow gate then I would've been condemned to a devil's hell. By God's grace I'm not who I used to be.

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 11:44:57 AM »
Sorry but forgive me. This whole thing is pretty much new to me being as I've never been a part of something like this before. I'm not the most tech savvy person around but I'm willing to learn. Please feel free to correct me when I'm wrong/at fault. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 12:05:23 PM »
Well, although I'm not big on telling people what they want to hear rather what they need to hear I'll try again. :).

Well, the reason why I asked is because if you come introduce yourself claiming that you are a Christian, then those of us here do need (not just want) to be able to read what you believe your testimony of salvation is and then discern whether or not you are saved before opening ourselves up to fellowship. If you read other introduction threads on here you can see that this is what we typically do--it is not just you who is subject to this (the new member instructions are for ALL new members). It is not unreasonable for us to ask this and I believe that should be understandable to anyone who has been born again because scripture tells us that we should not simply believe everyone, but that we should try the spirits to see whether they are of God or not.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. - 1 John 4:1

When Christ said ( says ) to strive to enter the narrow gate I was convicted by the Holy Spirit of not doing so. When that was revealed to me and I took heed to it,  I felt like utter filth and realized that if I don't strive to enter the narrow gate then I would've been condemned to a devil's hell. By God's grace I'm not who I used to be.

What do you mean when you say that you realized that you did not strive to enter the narrow gate? What exactly is your understanding of that concept and what have you done now to "strive in"? I hope those questions make sense--I am trying to understand what you are saying.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 03:41:02 PM »
What I meant by that is I was going through the motions and relying on my " works" and believing at the time I could live like the world and still enter God's kingdom.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2021, 07:32:42 PM »
So, in summary, you were saying that you were relying on your works at first, but the acknowledgment of your wretched state brought you to repentance, and with a contrite spirit, you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ? I know your verse references, and I understand them, so I'm just making sure that was what you were saying so nobody gets lost in the shuffle. 8)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2021, 07:44:46 PM »
Yes sir you are correct. Forgive me on the clarity of my previous statements as I'm trying to get better at that. I'm just so used to talking to people about that on the streets and with family.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 09:33:01 PM »
Hello Pilgrim Mike.
 I had just a few questions.
Do you remember the day you was saved (received repentance?)
If so, what happened that day?
Do you remember what was going through your mind?
Could you share that with us?  :)
Also.. One more question .... Im just curious why you chose the name 'Pilgrim' Mike? Is there a story behind why you chose to put Pilgrim?
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2021, 10:02:21 PM »
What do you mean when you say that you realized that you did not strive to enter the narrow gate? What exactly is your understanding of that concept and what have you done now to "strive in"? I hope those questions make sense--I am trying to understand what you are saying.

What I meant by that is I was going through the motions and relying on my " works" and believing at the time I could live like the world and still enter God's kingdom.

I don't really understand your answer because what you said doesn't describe what striving for something is. It was asked, "What do you mean by striving to enter the narrow gate" and your reply was "I did bad things." It didn't actually answer the question.

Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. - Luke 13:24

What would you say that it means to "strive to enter in at the strait gate?"

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2021, 05:43:56 AM »
Honestly Ms. Heather if I remember correctly it was a little over three years ago in late August a Tuesday I believe. Before that time I was your average church goer. Practicing " churchianity " for that matter. I honestly don't remember in detail like I probably should as far as the exact date goes. I wasn't living like I should've been while claiming Christ at the same time. I read through scripture that I was basically ignoring during that time. I realized that I was offending a just and holy God and words cannot express how bad I felt to the point I just wanted to cry and cry. I had Christ in my mind and not my heart. As far as what was going through my mind that day was the fact that I had it all wrong and that needed to change. I chose the name Pilgrim Mike because the more I read and study God's word and evangelize the more I realize that this world isn't my home. Thank you for asking questions and I'll answer them the best I can and in my best effort in order.

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2021, 05:45:56 AM »
Mr. Timothy, what I meant by that is living a sanctified life and not like living of the world. Sorry for not clarifying that earlier like I should have. Thank you 

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2021, 04:47:26 PM »
Hey Mike
You don't have to know the exact date but I was asking to see about when you may have been given repentance. Im glad the Lord led you out of "church" buildings. They're full of corruption and the majority of them are goats who think they're sheep. I am glad you have made your way here to CLE. Can't wait to here more from you.
Is there any teachings that you listened to and it edified you?
Also is there any Bible Verses you find encouraging or helpful?
 :)
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2021, 04:17:11 PM »
Very much so. I've read " Why Millions Of Believers In Jesus Christ Are Going To Hell " several times and took notes. That is one book that has helped me learn a lot and grow in the faith as well as many more articles and videos. Psychology: Hoodwinked By The Devil gave me a better insight into the deceptive field of Psychology. I'm almost finished reading the article about fantasy novels. The teaching about the seventh day adventism really helped a lot in learning how to talk with family members who are immersed in that godless cult. I typically take notes but mainly the scripture references which to me are very important. As far as encouraging and helpful Bible verses goes I'd say Luke chapter 24 vs. 13-32. Verses 27 through 32 really stick out to me and gets me  so  excited is verses 27 through 32.

27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself. 28 And they drew nigh into the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further. 29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them. 30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread , and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. 31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him, and he vanished out of their sight. 32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
 I absolutely love verse 32 and I believe it's very very important to stick to scripture while engaging in conversations about spiritual matters. Well, using scripture should be used in any conversation as the Holy Spirit of God leads.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2021, 05:14:11 PM »
I enjoyed reading that more than anything else you've written. You relaxed; not trying to be so formal.

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2021, 09:05:56 PM »
Thanks. I believe I'm getting used to it already.. :). By the way, whoever designed the covers for your books did and awesome job. I love the one about the seventh day adventists ( I may have misspelled that ) it reminds me of my cousins on my dads side of the family because that's what most of them are. Thanks again.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2021, 04:13:13 PM »
Mike
"Why millions of believers on Jesus are going to hell?" teaching is one of my favorites as well, but my most favorite one is the teaching called "is repentance a part of salvation?" This is the teaching I was listening to when I heard the truth for the first time. I thought I was saved from the age of 13 up to 34 years old but found out I was lost and then I  was listening to this teaching, God opened my understanding to hear this message and I broke down like i never had before. I cried uncontrollably for my wicked heart and I  knew I had broken Gods heart and I remember I did not want that pain to stop and it was the greatest gift I could have ever received. I will always always remember that day. I do not remember the exact time or day of the week but it was in August 2020 in the night time while everyone was asleep in my home and I was never the same from then on.

Some of my favorite verses are
   Matthew 7:18
King James Version
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The reason I like this is because so many people in the world (church goers especially) try to justify their wicked traditions that are rooted in paganism and witchcraft and this one shows the depth of the wickedness of the those traditions they so desire to have and try to re label it for Christ but Christ is telling us that if the tree is corrupt that it will not bring forth good fruit.

James 4:6
King James Version
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

So many ppl walk around thinking they automatically have the grace of God but they are full of corruption and unrepentance and this scripture shows me that they will not receive his grace until they repent of their wickedness against him.

Psalm 51:17
King James Version
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

God is looking to the man with a broken spirit that is crushed because of their sins against him and they are broken because they in humility realize their wretchedness and hate their flesh. So many "churches" teach the false message that you push away that shame and humility. I am thankful to God for opening my eyes and continues to show me more and more of His word they way He would want me to see it.

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2021, 08:42:24 PM »
The reason why I love that teaching so much is that it pretty much sums up the mission of Christ and how that carries over to the born again believer. If you look/think about it, which I'm pretty sure you do, it ties in with " is repentance a part of salvation ". When Christ says in Luke, I believe it's Luke, to pick up your cross " daily " and follow me it seems that both those teachings tie in with that verse as does all the others in context. Every time I read those teachings it's like reading them for the first time after searching for the true meaning of my Christian walk. What I mean by that is every time I read those teachings, with my bible next to me of course, I want more and more of it. It's like every time I pick up my kids from their mom every Thursday afternoon, it's as if I haven't seen them for years and years and I hug, squeeze ( not too hard ) and kiss their cheeks as if it's the last time I will. See, I love God's word more than that and it brings me indescribable joy every time I readt it. So I could only imagine what it'll be like when I enter God's kingdom. When I talk to my family occasionally about those teachings mentioned earlier they usually just blow them off like your average church goer. Every time I study those I think of them. They go to 501 c3 leavened church buildings for the wrong reasons and I can say that because I've told them about it for years and they always come up with excuses to justify themselves taking part in their 501 c3 country clubs. I've been in tears over praying for them to remove themselves from those places. They hate it when I go out and preach on the streets because they think it's embarrassing for a variety of reasons so they think. I've told them that Christ says that if you're ashamed of me I'll be ashamed of you before my Father and His angels in heaven. When you mentioned those teachings earlier I first thought to myself, " that's why it's so difficult to start on other articles/teachings. 😀. If you don't mind, please pray for me especially around this time of year. My family hates it when I tell my kids that santa claus isn't real and he's just a product of catholic superstition just like the Easter bunny ect. If people want to celebrate that stuff that's their choice but I know in my heart that God is not honored when people think/say that things like that are of Christ. They, along with most of my family, have not sanctified the Lord God in their hearts like 1 Peter says to. God's word also says that a lie hath those that are afflicted by it. We both know why people don't sanctity the Lord God in their hearts it's Jeremiah 17:9. It's their wicked hear because satan has blinded them 2 Corinthians 4:4. I pray for them always just like those around me.