Author Topic: Hello Brethren  (Read 1383 times)

pvtrud

Hello Brethren
« on: October 15, 2021, 04:55:45 PM »
My name is Paul, and I'm a believer constantly seeking a deeper knowledge of the word and trying to tell others about the Lord. I was in a cult for 23 years before I came to the Lord, and I thank Him for sending someone with the gospel to set me free. I always like to hear the perspective of other believers to see how they view the scriptures and to hear about their experiences in their walks, and what revelation the Holy Spirit has revealed to them. Still trying to live for Him , and waiting for His return.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hello Brethren
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 05:11:58 PM »
Hi Paul,

Could you tell us more about your testimony of salvation?
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 454
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 08:17:34 PM »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 11:55:04 AM »
He logged back in after this, but he hasn't said anything. Does he not understand?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

pvtrud

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 12:16:20 PM »
Umm, actually, I do understand - just couldn't figure out how to respond. What specifically would you like to know about my conversion?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 01:05:52 PM »
I'm confused. You said you understand, but then have to ask us what to say?
Did you read the link I posted earlier? http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0
It's entitled "All New Members (READ THIS FIRST!)" and it's on multiple places on the forum.

I want to ask "What about this do you not understand?" but you just told us that you understand. So I'm baffled right now.

pvtrud

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 01:03:02 AM »
Write a bit about yourself: My name is Paul, and I'm a believer constantly seeking a deeper knowledge of the word and trying to tell others about the Lord. Still trying to live for Him, and waiting for His return.

Your beliefs: I’m not into labels, but I’m what most would call a “fundamentalist” - a person who believes in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture (prose).

How you found this site: It popped up during a search last week - cannot remember what I was searching for.

Why you joined: I always like to hear the perspective of other believers to see how they view the scriptures and to hear about their experiences in their walks, and what revelation the Holy Spirit has revealed to them.

if you are a Christian, include the testimony of your conversion of repentance and faith unto Christ and “Could you tell us more about your testimony of salvation?”
I was in a cult for 23 years before I came to the Lord -  and I thank Him for sending someone with the gospel to set me free. He showed me my error with the scriptures, I acknowledged them, renounced them, turned to the Savior by repenting, and am growing in faith and knowledge as I study and preach the word as I go. There’s my testimony – “fruit unto repentance”.

Not asking you "what to say" – asking again, What specifically would you like to know about my conversion? I thought the first time I wrote a "bit" about myself. No need to be baffled or confused, because I do understand.

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man. (Colossians 4:6)

pvtrud

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 01:04:24 AM »
I couldn't figure out how to get back in to my post, and password reset would not work for me. So I created another account, which you might want to delete.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 02:26:58 AM »
I couldn't figure out how to get back in to my post, and password reset would not work for me. So I created another account, which you might want to delete.
I deleted your account because a few days had passed and you didn't answer. That's why you couldn't log in. People usually leave and never come back if they disappear for a few days after just joining and claiming to want discussion with us. It's happened many times before. I didn't know you were intending to return.

However, the more you talk, the more skeptical I'm becoming because you basically just copy/pasted the same thing you said the first time (word-for-word), but added just a few more words into it that still did not tell us anything. That is not helping us, and it certainly does not indicate that you want to come here to have discussions with us. Furthermore, your responses are very odd, and I want point out a few of them so you are aware of it, and maybe you can respond to it further and explain it so we can all understand your meaning more clearly, and that would be helpful.

Not asking you "what to say"
Paul, I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, but it's really weird, and I'll try to demonstrate this as clearly as I can.

Here is the total testimony you gave us concerning your alleged conversion in Christ:
I was in a cult for 23 years before I came to the Lord
That does NOT tell us ANYTHING AT ALL. I have heard Jehovah's witnesses make similar claims, but they are not of Christ. So it tells us nothing.

Next, Ellie asked you: "Could you tell us more about your testimony of salvation?"
Your response was: What specifically would you like to know about my conversion?
You haven't told us anything about your alleged conversion yet, so the fact that you asked the question tells us that you do not understand.

Then, I pointed out the confusion that you are asking us what you ought to tell us. And yes Paul, despite the fact that you just tried to lie about it, you are asking us what we want you to tell us. For a man who claims he is born again in the Lord Jesus Christ and cannot tell us anything (on his own, without our input) about his conversion to Jesus Christ, that's weird, suspicious, and confusion, which leaves me very skeptical, so if you want to dispel my skepticism, you are going to have to try a little bit harder here. (That's why in the link I provided above, there are examples of others who have given good testimonies on this forum to help you in case you don't understand... did you read the link I provided? This is the third time I'm posting it for you.)
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0

Now, that's just the first few words of your new post, but it gets stranger because you now are REPEATING the same question:
asking again, What specifically would you like to know about my conversion?
The reason you are asking that question is because you don't understand what we want to hear about. But then, in some strange, odd version of so-called "reasoning," you then declare that you understand (which is another lie):
I thought the first time I wrote a "bit" about myself. No need to be baffled or confused, because I do understand.
And furthermore, you tell me that there is "no need to be baffled or confused." Paul, the only thing I can tell you for certain is this: Of the born again Christians who have come here for discussion (i.e. the ones who actually give us a valid testimony in the Lord Jesus Christ), none of them talk like this. There is something very off about you, and I'm happy to read your response so you can clarify yourself to everyone if you want to clear this up, but as it stands right now, my guard is up, and I should add that the reason others are not responding to you as a new member on the forum (i.e. you'll notice you haven't seen very many people respond) is that they get very quiet when they are cautious of someone, so I am obviously not the only one.

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man. (Colossians 4:6)
I am now beyond baffled by your posting of this verse because, upon us asking a very simple question that you claim to understand, you do not seem to know how to answer the most basic of questions that would be asked to even a new Christian, namely, to simply tell us about your conversion unto Jesus Christ. We're not asking you complicated calculus questions. Despite what you might believe, it should not be this difficult, and despite what you might believe, you obviously do NOT understand.

I was in a cult for 23 years before I came to the Lord - 
Being in a cult for 23 years has almost nothing to do with your testimony of conversion unto Jesus Christ. That is what is called a side note about your personal life before Christ. Coming out of a cult is not how a man is saved because many people have come out of cults into a false gospel.

and I thank Him for sending someone with the gospel to set me free.
We do not know what gospel you are referring to. There are TONS of false converts who claim they have the gospel and are set free. You have not explained any details to us, so we cannot discern who we are talking to. Just saying you "came to the Lord" is not sufficient.
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-Mat 7:21-23

He showed me my error with the scriptures, I acknowledged them, renounced them, turned to the Savior by repenting,
Could you give us your definition of the word 'repentance' according to Scripture?
I think that might help clear up a few things.

and am growing in faith and knowledge as I study and preach the word as I go. There’s my testimony – “fruit unto repentance”.
If you are referring to Luke 3:8...
Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance,
That is not the same as "fruit unto repentance." Those are two VERY different phrases. I would love to explain that in more detail, but I think it would be better than I wait until you define the word 'repent' for us, specifically how you believe the Bible defines the word 'repent'.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and respond, I appreciate it.  :)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 02:19:08 AM »
He wrote his message five days ago, and has not logged back in since. I'll give it a couple more days, and then I'll delete his account. I am unsure if he saw my response to him or not, but he has not logged in since, so it's seems contradictory to his statement:
I always like to hear the perspective of other believers

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 10:01:51 PM »
I forgot about this for a few days. Deleting his account. Wants to have conversations with us, but doesn't want to have conversations with us. Hmm.