Author Topic: An introduction  (Read 1026 times)

JBDT

An introduction
« on: October 09, 2021, 02:14:52 AM »
I am not really good at writing about myself.  I am 53 years old. Grew up in Orange County, California.  My best friend wanted to move back to Ohio to take care of his mother who was having memory issues. I arrived at the end of October and he arrived two weeks later in November due to mover problems. This was Fall of 1996.  We were able to get her diagnosed by March of 1997, with Alzheimer's Disease.

But we were able to keep her in her home until August 2001 when she became too dangerous for two disabled men to take care of.

She survived until age 93 in January of 2014.

Daniel himself, my service dog Marley, and her “little sister” Kuri were killed in a house fire on December 18, 2020.

Faith is all that has kept me going since the fire, from the burn unit as I tried to rescue Daniel and was unsuccessful. To trying to survive on my own for the first time in about 30 years. Had Daniel as a roommate for nearly 27 years.

Your website and YouTube page has intrigued me and I have found to be educational and I just want to learn more.

Thank you for this opportunity and God Bless you,

John

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
  • Belief: Christian
Re: An introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 03:35:26 AM »
Hi John and thank you for your post. It sounds like you've had a rather challenging sort of life. My condolences on the loss of your best friend and dogs in that fire. A really awful thing to happen.  :(

Would you mind telling us a bit more about your faith? What do you believe and how did you come to believe it? Have you been born again? If so, when and how did that happen? We really need to know a bit more about your spiritual background. This is not a group just for chit-chat, but fellowship between born-again believers in Christ. However, not all who profess His name are actually born again, which is why we need to know a bit more about this side of you.

Also, what is your disability, and did Daniel have the same one? I'm just asking that one out of simple curiosity.

Anyway, thanks once again for your post and welcome to the forum.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 454
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 10:34:19 AM »
Hi John, there is a section highlighted on the forum titled, **New Member? Click Here!**, and you should read that first. It is not a requirement to be a poetic author to join in discussion with us, but if you click that link and read it, you will find the following:

Please don't just say "Hello." This forum is not an impersonal social media site. Keep in mind that we do not know who you are, and so writing a bit about yourself, your beliefs, how you found this site, why you joined, (if you are a Christian, include the testimony of your conversion of repentance and faith unto Christ), etc; all those types of details will help us get to know you a bit better, and we hope you enjoy conversing with born again Christians here.

Anyone can say they have "faith," but that doesn't tell us anything about what they believe, so more details on those matters would be helpful.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 454
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 09:44:28 AM »
It's been about a week. I guess he didn't want to talk with us. Just another weird one that comes in, says something random, and apparently disappears. ???
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18