Author Topic: My video Bible YouTube channel  (Read 3952 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
My video Bible YouTube channel
« on: February 11, 2020, 10:01:15 PM »
In December I start a channel of a point-of-view reading of the King James Bible.
I now feel I have enough content, Genesis through 2 Samuel, to start telling people about it.
I've been reading the Bible, out loud, for a few years and I thought that if I video recorded my reading that it may be useful or edifying to someone.
I did a quick search of YouTube and I didn't find anyone else that had done this, as far as a live videoed reading.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm very good at reading, but with the Lord's help I am improving.
When I make mistakes in a verse I sometimes state the verse number and read it again.
I've noticed that in the first few videos that the lighting could be better and my reading is a bit stilted.  I will attempt to improve those.
Lord willing I will complete this project within the year, 2020, maybe even by this summer.
If anyone notices some bad problems in one of the videos please post a comment. I'll check it out and consider redoing it.
I hope this project is a blessing to you.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCla1j9F_SJCTqgzFrqFm2Bw
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
Re: My video Bible YouTube channel
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 10:50:55 PM »
Additionally, you can click on the "playlists" tab and select a book of the Bible and listen and read it straight through.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 10:19:42 PM »
What a great idea, Kenneth! Hearing someone else read the KJB was how I finally switched over to reading this version. I could not read and understand it at first.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 05:17:35 PM »
Do you have it in download format like here on this site? I been seeking out a audio bible so I can listen and work same time. Hard to do it with video unless you know a way to make it so I can have screen off but still play. I think it is called back ground play.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 05:22:58 PM »
Do you have it in download format like here on this site? I been seeking out a audio bible so I can listen and work same time. Hard to do it with video unless you know a way to make it so I can have screen off but still play. I think it is called back ground play.
I have thought that it would be a good idea to create a website with these Bible reading videos on it, and my street preaching videos on a different website. The problem is I have absolutely zero training or knowledge on how to create or do anything with a website.
Lord willing he will educate me on those things for his glory.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 08:04:08 PM »
Why not talk to Chris and see if they can add a section on this site for it

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 08:13:24 PM »
A few months ago I was thinking about a audio bible where we just don't have one voice read threw but set others to be the voice of the people in bible. Like one person just be the voice of say Moses and so on.  The problem this the ones out there like that today have copy right and want money for it.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 01:10:10 AM »
Billy, Bible.is is an app you can download for free that gives you the text version of the Bible along with audio. And unlike most of the ones on YouTube, you can go to the specific chapter you want read to you instead of having to listen to a whole book at once.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 02:55:42 AM »
Do you have to have Internet to listen?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 08:26:35 AM »
I have no doubt that Chris has much more important work and research to do than help me fiddle around with my videos.
I'm sure it wouldn't take a whole lot of research on my part to figure out how to create a website and upload videos to it. I'm just not sure that that is what I need to be spending my time on right now.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 457
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 09:37:36 AM »
I have no doubt that Chris has much more important work and research to do than help me fiddle around with my videos.
I'm sure it wouldn't take a whole lot of research on my part to figure out how to create a website and upload videos to it. I'm just not sure that that is what I need to be spending my time on right now.

That is one of the reasons I created the forum. I used to have a section many years ago for links to other ministries, but I got tired of being held responsible if they taught anything in error, and I got tired of being contacted every time someone had a problem with anything on their sites and videos.
But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
-2Ti 4:5

It does not say I need to make full proof of anyone else's ministry, just my own, and therefore, I am not responsible for others. However, I wanted to leave a way that others could talk about their ministries, since I never really had that option anywhere I went. This forum is that balance between wanting to help other Christians, and not being held responsible for what they do and teach.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2020, 09:40:20 PM »
This project is finished.
All 1189 chapters are now posted in 367 videos.
Each book is arranged in a playlist.

I hope this will be useful to someone.