Author Topic: (VIDEO) Exposing the Heresies of Edwardpf123 (Youtube Preacher)  (Read 3725 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 455
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(VIDEO) Exposing the Heresies of Edwardpf123 (Youtube Preacher)
« on: December 30, 2019, 09:39:34 PM »
Exposing the Heresies of Edwardpf123 (Youtube Preacher)
Recorded Dec 30, 2019, approx 3hrs 20min

Tim and I go into the details of Edward's doctrine, and reveal the contradictions and heresies that he teaches. Read the description for more details and references to all the information available so you can see the sources yourself.

There is an mp3 audio download available if you would prefer. Click here:
http://creationliberty.com/audio.php#2
If you would like to download it, right click the download button on the side and click "SAVE LINK AS..."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 03:35:56 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
Re: (VIDEO) Exposing the Heresies of Edwardpf123 (Youtube Preacher)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »
@ 2:23:14  I don't think I caught it when we were going over the video of Edward's "'One can be used to express 'oneness'." Edward is actually contradicting himself from what we went over in his response video. I think Chris noticed it but I didn't really catch it at the time.

In his response video @8:43 he said, "I make the point that the essential issue is that when you say that Jesus Christ is the Father, you're teaching modalism. You're teaching 'oneness'. The central thing of modalism is 'oneness'. God is one person."

According to Edward, if you teach 'oneness' you are teaching modalism. But in his video about one meaning 'oneness' he says at the beginning "...but the oneness is supposed to be referring to as a 'unity' of one...the man and woman become one flesh. They haven't lost their identity as two separate persons, they've just been united as one."

And also when he is finishing quoting 1 Corinthians 6:16 @1:04, "Two persons who become one. Oneness. United together because of the unity..."

Also @3:17 he says, "Don't let these guys get you distracted by this idea of a singleness...There's a 'oneness' that we're talking about." And a little after he explains more about a married couple becoming one flesh he says @3:52, "The reality is that is clearly a point of 'oneness'. There's a 'oneness' in the trinity."

So Edward in one video condemns teaching 'oneness' as modalism, but in another video he starts teaching 'oneness' as Biblical and as a description of the trinity. Before, when I used to listen to this guy, it was contradictions like this that really confused me about what he actually teaches and it's what makes it so difficult to actually understand his doctrine. He can't stay consistent because he doesn't actually understand what he is talking about.

Continuing in his 'oneness' video:

@ 3:57 "And that's where we have the idea that all three persons are God, because they share a unity in that triune relationship that is unique... It's perfect unity...and that unity is seen as one. Not a singleness one. This idea of trying to force the idea of God into a single one is nonsense. You've got to recognize that there's a 'threeness' that are united as one. Just like here talking about 1 Corinthians 6:16...unite with a harlot...become one flesh."

So just like someone becomes one with a harlot, The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are united. If I were Edward I definitely would not have used that comparison. But either way, from what I understand of what he is saying, Edward is teaching tritheism. The Godhead consists of three Gods who are only "seen" as one group of three. Not a singular God like we were explaining in the video and proved from Scripture.

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
-Isaiah 45:5

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
-Isaiah 45:18

tritheism (n) : belief in three Gods, especially in the doctrine that the three persons of the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost) are three distinct Gods, each an independent center of consciousness and determination
(See 'tritheism', Random House Dictionary, 2019, [dictionary.com])

Like I was pointing out in the video, Edward believes that Father, Son and Holy Ghost are "each an independent center of consciousness and determination." Just like what we go over later in the video, Edward does not believe that God the Father created anything and only Jesus Christ created. That is because he believes in tritheism.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 02:46:19 PM »
To the best of my knowledge Catholicism based on tritheism.
And Edward Pfenninger and Steven Anderson seem to be tritheists.  ???
Hmmm.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 03:02:49 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 04:51:51 PM »
I didn't know his name was "Pfenniger." He never stated that, and I could not find that information. So you suspect Anderson is a tritheist too? I didn't even know that word existed until this whole controversy came up.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 06:10:53 PM »
So you suspect Anderson is a tritheist too?
Actually you were wondering that about Anderson. 2:42:30-2:43:48 in the video.
You've listened to more of that guy than I could ever stand ,so I'll yeild to your expertise on the false doctrines of 'Steve'.  :D

My point is that it looks like all heretics lead to Rome.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:13:30 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 06:13:10 PM »
I think it is like all roads yield to Rome and its traditions.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 05:15:34 PM »
Okay, I've been doing some digging on 'Edward Pfenninger'. I found a number of YouTube videos that were 'messages to Edward Pfenninger' that were indeed directed to Edwardpf123. I also found this blog post:

https://rainhadocanto10-evangelicalchristian.blogspot.com/2011/06/free-bible-literature-by-brother-edward.html

However, checking out the link provided in this post to a site called Free Bible Literature is where it gets interesting. I only read one of the articles listed on that website; the one entitled The Secret War Against the King James Bible. Although it has a byline of Edward Pfenninger at the end, it seems to be much too well-written, researched and documented to be the same guy. The only criticism I would have of this article is that it maintains that only the 1611 version of the KJB is incorrupt.

http://freebibleliterature.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/SecretWar.pdf

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 03:33:52 PM »
This is now available as an audio download:

http://creationliberty.com/audio.php#2

You can download by right clicking the link and pressing "save link as..."

The video was about 3.5 hours long, so having it on audio will help some of you who want the teaching on the go.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2020, 12:34:08 PM »
Hmm. This video is just a few minutes, but it is a bunch of clips from Steven Anderson about his preaching on the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. The reason this was confusing to me is because it almost seems like Steven Anderson used to teach what I am teaching about the Godhead today, but if you watch until the end of the video, he seems to teach the same heresies and contradictions that Edwardpf123 did. Perhaps some of you who are skillful in discernment might comment on this because I'm not even sure what to say after hearing these clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gz9cjpNonU

The only thing I can say is that, in almost every clip I see of Steven Anderson anymore, I just see an angry man who is lost to the emulations and rage of his wicked heart.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
-Gal 5:19-21

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »
It looks to me like Steven Anderson is one of those guys that just goes with the flow. Maybe today he is learning from someone who believes in a pagan Trinity, or someone whom he hates it's teaching proper doctrine so he aligns himself in opposition to that.
Kind of like when he was a young man he preached that repentance was required for salvation, but now he teaches that repentance is not required for salvation. Either he is learning from a different teacher nowadays, or he is simply teaching in opposition to someone whom he doesn't like.
Either way he is not following the Holy Spirit unto truth, therefore he is sliding off into deeper heresy.