Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 6627 times)

GODSSERVANTclb11

Hello everyone
« on: November 20, 2019, 07:42:13 PM »
My is Cary I live in Deltona , Fl. I have been around the so called church scene my whole life and I just feel that so much is missing from what is being taught in the church right now. There is so many false doctrines and lies being taught to the people right now and if you point  it out you get kick out of the church or you are hated for it. The biggest thing that gets me is when they tell me, when I get a diploma hanging on my wall then I can talk to them about the Bible. I pray that this site is different. It seem to be and I have really enjoy all the articles that I have been reading. I have been searching for the truth of the Word for so long and been an out cast for even longer for not buying into to the lies being fed to to the so called christians of today. I have been kick out of a lot of churches lately for not believing what they are teaching so I'm stuck with my junkie computer and praying for some good fellowship here on this forum. GOD bless you all

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 457
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 07:56:15 PM »
Cary, were you the one who wrote me before and said you were having problems getting on the forum? If so, I'm glad you worked things out.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 08:14:22 PM »
Hi Cary,

I'm glad you found us here! None of us have diplomas, either, so you're in good company. At least we don't have degrees from any so-called Bible college, anyway. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 08:20:08 PM »
The biggest thing that gets me is when they tell me, when I get a diploma hanging on my wall then I can talk to them about the Bible. I pray that this site is different.

Part of me hates that they would treat you like that because I loathe that sort of pride, especially toward someone as humble as you. But at the same time I'm glad it led you here. I pray God would continue to teach us humility and charity so that we would be able to show you the difference you're looking for. Welcome to the forum.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 153
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 11:40:22 PM »
Hi Cary,

I'm glad you found us here! None of us have diplomas, either, so you're in good company. At least we don't have degrees from any so-called Bible college, anyway. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Even someone with a degree or a diploma, they only got the degree or a diploma when they had finished their studies.  That shows clearly that one doesn't need a degree or a diploma to learn anything and it means next to nothing anyway.

Welcome Cary
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 06:20:09 PM »
Welcome Cary,

this is a good place to be, among like-minded Christians who have repented, who love God, seek to follow God, who study His Word, and
grow stronger in our Faith.

Yes, we are glad the Good Lord led you here. :-)

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -21
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 12:06:37 PM »
Hi Cary!  I very much enjoy the Biblical wisdom shared here.  We learn so much. Thank you for joining us!  Welcome!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

GODSSERVANTclb11

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 03:04:06 PM »
Thank you all. Sorry that i haven't responded sooner. Still having problems with my computer and been working out of town. I'm going thru a very rough time in my life right now and the thing that is keeping me going is my desire to really know the truth of what the Bible says. I have printed out a few of the article on your site and really started looking into what i believe. Much of what I have read I believe the same as you guys do. I have been disown by my family and 90% of my friends because I don't conform to their believes and I'm not afraid to question and point out what the Bible says. I have spent so much time questioning God why I'm hated by my family and my friends and why I'm all alone in my believes. Then I found this site and it has encouraged me to stay strong and to keep pursuing the truth. Your articles have help me strengthen my walk with GOD not only by helping explain to other what the Bible really says but by convicting [ not condemning ] me thru the Holy Spirit  on things that I misunderstood about the Bible. I take no mans teaching to heart. I pray for GODS truth and wisdom on all matter and I do truly believe He put me on this site to help me grow into a mature disciple of Christ. I don't like the word christian because of what the world has made it mean and it is not in the the Bible. The Bible calls the followers of Jesus, His disciple or Believer not christians. thanks again and I look forward to talking more about the Bible with you next time I do have some many questions that i need help answering. GOD bless you all   

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 457
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 03:50:52 PM »
I don't like the word christian because of what the world has made it mean and it is not in the the Bible. The Bible calls the followers of Jesus, His disciple or Believer not christians.
That's actually not true; the part where you said that "Christian" is not a Biblical term. It is, and I'll show you:
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
-Acts 11:26

Antioch was the main staging point for all evangelism throughout the Middle-East, Europe, and Asia, and they were called "Christian" which means to be "like Christ" in one mind, doctrine, and philosophy.

Peter taught that we ought to glorify God that we are Christians, not to be ashamed of it:
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
-1Pe 4:16

Rather than say "The world has corrupted the word Christian, therefore I will not call myself one," we ought to say, "The world has corrupted the word Christian, so I will sanctify myself from the world and give a proper example of what a Christian as a servant of God."

When Paul was before the judge/king in court, the king said he was almost persuaded to be a Christian. Paul did not correct him, but encouraged him to become one:
Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian. And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.
-Acts 26:28

Don't worry; you're not the first well-meaning Christian to come here at say that exact thing, but we correct as they come in to say these things, and encourage them to expose the fake Christians, rather than depart from the name which God has blessed His church with.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
-Eph 5:11
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 03:53:03 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 12:31:51 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum Cary! It's great to meet a fellow Christian of like mind. Having family turn away is so hard, especially when you are trying to better your life to be more pleasing to God. It reminds me of this verse in Luke. Hopefully it can bring you comfort in knowing that it's part of God's plan.

Luke 12:50-56
But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is. And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass. Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

GODSSERVANTclb11

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2019, 06:15:18 PM »
Thank you Christopher pointing out this scriptures out to me. I'm trying to get out of the use of the NASB that I have been taught to use and use only the King James Bible. I was always taught that GOD would not let His Word be distorted to the people that where truly seeking Him so I always found that the NASB was the best bible to learn from. I have picked up from some of the articles that I have read from you that some of the scriptures are distorted and I'm starting to see why I have not been able to fully understand what i feel is rightly the truth of what the Bible teaches. The more I listen to the reading of the scriptures from your Bible study's  following them in the King James Bible and also in  the NASB it has answer so many question that I have been searching for. I do have some question on the topic of discernment tho. That will be for another day.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 07:10:14 PM »
Cary, as a member of this forum, you are free to start new threads whenever you wish. If you have questions, just ask and we will all be happy to discuss the matter with you. Just go to the General Discussion (or Bible Discussion if you have questions on a specific passage of Scripture) section and start a new topic.

If you do not currently have access to a hard copy of the KJB, there are plenty of places online where you can read it for free and apps for mobile devices you can use. Personally, I prefer Bible Gateway on my computer. Other people use the Blue Letter Bible. The main reason I prefer the Bible Gateway Authorised King James Version (AKJV) is because it sets sections into continuous paragraphs rather than starting each verse on a separate line. It's just a layout preference for me. I very rarely use my print edition Bible because looking things up online is so much easier and more convenient (especially when I want to copy/paste something here on the forum or in an email) but at least I have it in case I ever have to go for a long period of time without power or Internet.

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Madonna
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 12:27:48 PM »
Hi Cary, Welcome to the forum, I pretty new myself and your sharing about not using the word Christian to describe yourself is understandable, I felt the same way because I believed anyone who told me they were. (Isaiah 65:11-16) "

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Madonna
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 03:05:21 PM »
(Isaiah 65:11-16) " But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number.  {12} Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.  {13} Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:  {14} Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit.  {15} And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:  {16} That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes." Now in Act:15 where the Jews only were being preaches to they were now called Christians because Jesus died for his bride the church and they now get the husband's name.(Acts 11:19-26) " Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.  {20} And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus.  {21} And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.  {22}  Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the church which was in Jerusalem: and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch.  {23} Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.  {24} For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.  {25} Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:  {26} And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 03:18:49 PM by madonnajean »