Author Topic: Pharisee factory products  (Read 3318 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Pharisee factory products
« on: September 17, 2019, 09:13:08 PM »
In this group we sometimes mock seminary (or cemetery) graduates.
Has anyone here been to a so-called Christian college of any sort? Personally, the only why I'd go is with a banner and my King James Bible calling them to repentance.
If anyone here has attended I'd like to hear some instances of the stuff they taught.
The only testimony I recall ever hearing is from David W. Daniels from his time in Fuller Seminary in the early 80's.
I'm not going to promote him nor Chick Publications, I just thought it was quite interesting at just how absurd the teachings of these professors was.
It is no wonder that the graduates are out in left field when it comes to biblical doctrine.

I think people here will be astounded at the nonsense that passes for Bible education.
https://youtu.be/pcoDKc5Z6jU
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 456
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Pharisee factory products
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 10:11:24 PM »
To show how little they are concerned about doctrine, and how much they are concerned about pretense, I toured a Christian College in Indianapolis while I working with a pastor many years ago. I met the president of the college, and after 10 minutes of a tour, the president, without knowing anything I teach, invited me to be a guest teacher at the college on simply the basis that I was working with this pastor. It's based on who you know, not what you know, and that's how little they actually care.

There are others here who have been to Christian colleges and attended at them, so I'll back off and let them speak.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Reed Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »
We're dealing with the Evangelical Industrial Complex.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 456
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 03:36:55 PM »
We're dealing with the Evangelical Industrial Complex.
|
|
V
If anyone here has attended I'd like to hear some instances of the stuff they taught.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 02:25:56 PM »
I was invited to sit threw a 3 weeks on revelation In organ. But turn it down when my brother told me hell was just being separate from God rather than a real place of fire. I turn it down because if they can't read the bible and see God said it was read or the 1900 years that it was always believed to be real. Why would I sit for 3 weeks to see a man flap his lips making sounds and yet can't seem to get the hell doctrine down?

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -21
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 03:07:18 PM »
I attended one school year at Olivet Nazarene University in Kankakee, IL.  I then transferred to a state school.  Can I answer any questions?
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 08:05:59 PM »
I attended one school year at Olivet Nazarene University in Kankakee, IL.  I then transferred to a state school.  Can I answer any questions?

Can you remember from your experience anything in particular about that they thought or taught that might help to explain the apostasy that is preached from pulpits today?
Did you understand that error at the time? (Assuming there was any.)
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -21
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 09:22:35 AM »
The biggest one that stands out is that a person going to a state university can't be a christian (ie. church goer).  I had a muslim roommate.  It really was no better than a state college, just less liberty (I had to sign in and out on weekends, was not free to go home, etc. . .) We were forced into services, many of which I would not call church.  It seemed that what we were taught was a lot of fluff. Bible class was just a history class.  We didn't really learn the Word, it was NIV.

Can I answer any specific questions?
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13