Author Topic: reaching god  (Read 3455 times)

timothycolon32

reaching god
« on: September 03, 2019, 05:16:23 PM »
Hi my name is Timothy, i'm only 16 years old. I am Having a hard time finding a church around me for my family. So I came upon this Youtube channel named Christopher Johnson, then I started to look at some of his videos and he was really exposing this guy named Steven Anderson and I was a follower of him until now. But just because Steven Anderson was an independent fundamental baptist guy I decided to go to a church like that last Sunday and now i'm here in a debate between myself on which church to go to. And plus I don't want to leave that church after what I told them that my family was coming there next Sunday. So their expecting me and my family next week on Sunday. so I don't know now because Christopher Johnson is an Evangelical christian If i'm correct. So now I don't if I have to go to an Evangelical church or if you guys Have services on Sunday over online. But I hope that I find a church that preaches the truth and not false doctrine. But I heard that Independent fundamental baptist churches are basically the oldest or purest church that teaches the right doctrine If i'm correct their but if not then I'm sorry for my saying. I hope you guys don't go against me in anyway because for one thing no body is perfect but God. So thank you and I hope to find What I'm looking for.  :)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: reaching god
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 05:22:20 PM »
If you said you will be there then go next Sunday. If you do not then that is a lie and god do not justify lies

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 06:30:18 PM »
Maybe Im totally wrong, but I havent seen anywhere in the Bible where they categorize Christians whether Evangelical, baptist, nazarene, whatever.  I do see it say just plainly Christian in quite a few places.  An evangelist is just someone who preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ and from what I understand someone who calls them self a Nazarene or a baptist could be doing that, evangelizing. Youre saying that steven anderson is a fundamental baptist, so you decided to go to a fundamental baptist church, youre saying that Chris is an evangelical Christian so you dont know if you should start going to an evangelical christian church.  I think you are looking at it all wrong.  Even if Chris was an evangelical Christian, doesnt mean that you need to go find some evangelical christian church, because two people who claim to be evangelical christians could believe and preach totally different views of doctrine.  Am I making any sense?  Im not sure, Im also not intentionally being rude if this is coming off as rude.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 153
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 04:07:41 AM »
Hi my name is Timothy, i'm only 16 years old. I am Having a hard time finding a church around me for my family. So I came upon this Youtube channel named Christopher Johnson, then I started to look at some of his videos and he was really exposing this guy named Steven Anderson and I was a follower of him until now. But just because Steven Anderson was an independent fundamental baptist guy I decided to go to a church like that last Sunday and now i'm here in a debate between myself on which church to go to. And plus I don't want to leave that church after what I told them that my family was coming there next Sunday. So their expecting me and my family next week on Sunday. so I don't know now because Christopher Johnson is an Evangelical christian If i'm correct. So now I don't if I have to go to an Evangelical church or if you guys Have services on Sunday over online. But I hope that I find a church that preaches the truth and not false doctrine. But I heard that Independent fundamental baptist churches are basically the oldest or purest church that teaches the right doctrine If i'm correct their but if not then I'm sorry for my saying. I hope you guys don't go against me in anyway because for one thing no body is perfect but God. So thank you and I hope to find What I'm looking for.  :)

Hi Timothy

It is good that you have found the site and welcome to the forum.  In reading the articles and listening to the teachings you will soon begin to see more clearly the differences between the churchianity false teachings you have picked up and what God really teaches in the Bible.  Most of us here also started out like you with not knowing much at all and were fooled by what was often going on in the "churches"out there. 

It is quite likely that you will never find a group of Christians in your home town that you can fellowship with as most of us here have found that and that is why we get together here as a close knit community of believers.

Anyway, welcome and I hope all works out well and that you become an established member of the forum.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 07:07:28 AM »
Hi Timothy,

I'm glad you found us here. I think the most important teaching Chris ever did was the one on repentance:

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/repent.php

If anyone tries to teach something different from this, they're either lying or they are deceived themselves (in which case, they're still teaching a lie).

I can guarantee that you will hear nothing but the truth of the Word of God here but in the interest of full disclosure, the truth is NOT something that is popular among the majority of the population. We don't believe in 'going along to get along' as Jesus clearly told us we are to be sanctified (set apart) from the world.

John 17:13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Zach was correct in saying that there is nowhere in the Bible where Christians are categorised into different denominations; that is all the result of people following after men rather than the Word of God. People take one little portion of the Bible and devise an entire doctrine around it and then fool others into believing that same false doctrine. The one true church of Jesus Christ is not divided, but all these churches are (which makes it appear that Christians are, when most of these people are not really of Christ at all).

We have no label here other than that we are Christians. Chris refers to himself as an 'evangelist' which is not the same thing as the worldly label of 'evangelical'. He is a teacher of the Word; he studies his Bible for many hours each day and researches every topic he writes about very thoroughly (with documentation) and teaches others what he has learned through the Holy Spirit.

Of course, Christopher Johnson is still only a man, and he is in no wise perfect, either, which means he makes mistakes. But unlike most 'pastors' and church leaders, he is willing to be corrected. Yes, there have been times that he has taught things in error, but as soon as he detects those errors, he goes back to correct them and will post publicly here what error he has made and how he has corrected it. Sometimes it takes some lengthy discussions amongst the whole church here to figure out what the truth really is.

Finally, I'm not sure what you meant by your statement that you hope we don't go against you in any way. Anyone who comes here in a spirit of humility with a willingness to learn will always be welcome here but those who come to cause contention or to teach/defend false doctrine will usually find out pretty quickly that they don't really belong here. Most of the time, those people get offended by something that is said or taught and leave on their own but there have been several other cases where we've actually had to ban them from the forum here because all they wanted to do was fight.

You're young and I don't know how much you've been indoctrinated by church buildings in the past, but it's natural for new Christians to have questions. Most of the time, you can probably find the answers to your questions in articles that have already been written but if you can't, we'd be happy to discuss things with you.

If you disagree with anything being taught and want to discuss it, please state clearly exactly what was said and where you found it along with Scriptural reasons to back up your position. Don't just give your opinion or how you 'feel' about it because God didn't ask opinions from any of us when He was telling the old prophets what to write. A lot of us don't always like what the Bible says about certain subjects, either, but that doesn't make God wrong,

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. Again, welcome, and I hope you find what you're looking for here.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 456
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 02:12:28 PM »
This was strange because he registered last week, wrote this, and he hasn't been back since. That doesn't make sense to me.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 03:38:47 PM »
Probably went with the fundamental baptists.