Author Topic: CLE Teachings Now on SoundCloud  (Read 7052 times)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
CLE Teachings Now on SoundCloud
« on: August 27, 2019, 12:49:41 PM »
I have started uploading the CLE teachings to SoundCloud.

https://soundcloud.com/user-23112682

Currently, the first 17 tracks are available for listening. I am away from home at the moment and the Internet connection here is very poor so I am uploading as time and bandwidth allow. I will be able to upload more quickly once I get home.

Chris, I made the account in your name, even though I used my own email address. This is just a very basic page for now, as I have not put any profile or background pictures on it. Please let me know if there are any pictures you would like me to use. Those will have to wait until I get home, too, though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:09:05 PM by Jeanne »

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: CLE Teachings Now on SoundCloud
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 03:43:53 PM »
Nah, it doesn't matter to me. Do whatever you like. If anyone writes you to get in touch with me for any reason, you can always direct them to the contact page on the website. It takes a lot to upload all that stuff, doesn't it?  ;)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 06:56:53 PM »
Since I already have them all downloaded, all I have to do is click on the file to upload it. It just takes time to wait for it, that

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 07:07:54 PM »
A lot, by which I mean, a lot of time.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 10:04:47 PM »
I posted from my phone so again, I forgot about the apostrophes again. >:( But the time is mainly just waiting for them to upload. With a good Internet connection, it only takes a few minutes for each one. It will still take a while to get them all done, but I'm just uploading files from my computer as I already have all but about the last five downloaded.

Another reason I am doing this is because SoundCloud is cheaper than DropBox and I plan on ditching DropBox the next time it comes up for renewal; I'll still keep the free part of it, but that's where I have all your teachings stored now and they're what takes up the most room right now, I think. (Although I also have some videos that probably take up more combined space.) But this way, I not only have them for myself, but they are public for anyone else to use, too. Anyone with an account can create playlists in whatever order they want.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 09:20:02 AM »
Since I got home, I realised I can load as many videos into the queue as I want and just wait for them to upload. I also went to Canva (free graphic arts site) and made thumbnails with the dates and descriptions on them. I just had to get one the way I wanted it, so now it's just a matter of editing the text and saving each one as a separate file. #0056 is just finished uploading and is now processing.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 05:15:44 AM »
I forgot to update this to say that all of the weekly teachings Chris has done since 2013 are now up on SoundCloud and that I am adding the new teachings weekly as they become available.

LABcrab

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 12:56:28 AM »
👍
I have some phones with Audiocloud, a third-party SoundCloud app. I even have it on a Lumia 800, a phone from late 2011, so it'll be nice to listen to CLE on that!
I think you should get a custom URL. If you click "Edit" on your profile page, you can set one up.
Thank you for the uploads!

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 05:10:04 AM »
Thanks for that suggestion, Alex! I was wondering how to change it. Here is the new URL:

https://soundcloud.com/clechurchonline