Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 64 times)

Offline Mark.Abecia

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Mark
  • Belief: Christianity
Hello Everyone
« on: January 10, 2018, 10:35:49 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Mark Abecia.

I believe in Jesus Christ, so this was me on October 06, 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtfSvUcnJv8 because I wanted to show people who Christ is and hopefully come to Him... but I couldn't, lol. Then I got stuck out in the wilderness because I couldn't get myself to be a witness to God, but then I couldn't abandon my objective either. I sold my home before that, gave away all I couldn't fit in my car, and quit my job, and purposely became homeless living in the National Forests to cut my cost as much as I could. But close to twenty-one months later, I still couldn't, lol. I prayed many times for God to give me the courage to be a witness to him, and asked others to pray for me also, but I still couldn't.

But I'm happy now because I don't have to do that anymore(maybe in the future I will, but not now), because I just talked to Chris earlier, and he said that's it's okay for me to print out CLE articles to give to people, as long as I don't try to make money off of them(which I won't).

I can now start an online work, and when I make enough money to support myself, because I'm mobile, I will travel around the entire United States to personally hand out CLE articles to hopefully get the lost sheep to come to Christ.

Thank you.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 03:09:08 AM »
Hi Mark,
I find your testimony leaves me with a lot of quistions... like : how did you come to Christ?? How long agao? Where do you come from (background as in family, etc) Why did you become homeless?? Did you think that was required of you when you were saved?? Do you plan to stay that way?? Why was it difficult for you to witness for Christ?? And I have not fully understood your mission. Do you want to become an evangelist for Christ using CLE articles??
I hope you don't take my questions as misplaced curiosity, I would like to get to know you better. Here on the forum there are people from all over the world, and Lord knows, we all have been through a lot while walking with Christ. I hope the forum will be a help to you and a place to find fellowship with others.
Masha

Offline Mark.Abecia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 10:22:20 AM »
Hi Masha,

I came to Christ primarily by reading the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John many times. I started doing my readings at approximately the year 2007. I am originally from the Philippines, but I’ve been in the U.S. since June 1996. I became homeless… originally, I didn’t plan to be semi-stationary living in the National Forests… I wanted to have two YouTube channels… one would be for painting many landmarks in the U.S. where I will be there physically in the area, e.g. the statue of Liberty, and then a separate channel where I would witness to Christ… and both channels would fund for my living. But then I couldn’t get myself to witness to Christ because.. first, I thought I could force myself to do it if I leave myself no option by not having a job… but that didn’t work… I did a lot of excuses such as traveling the entire U.S. to see it because “I have this opportunity now.”   When I completed my U.S. tour, I stayed around the National Forests, trying to condition myself to get started… butI felt too ugly, sounding horrible, people will make fun of me, etc. In short, I was still too focused to myself instead of serving God. I tried to just do an art channel first, but I couldn’t do that because I felt I was abandoning what I came out here for… therefore I was stuck… I couldn’t get myself to witness to Christ, and couldn’t get myself to do other things without witnessing to Christ, and thats for almost twenty-one months now.

And, no, I don’t want to stay this way, because this is a horrible living condition. That’s why I was so relieved when I talked to Chris last night, because now, I can fulfill my goal by just personally handing out CLE articles to people, and before that I could now start an art channel to focus first on having an income.

Specifically, about this goal… it was from this verse:

Matthew 13:8
But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

I thought before(I used NIV before I found CLE) that the fruits meant people who’ve come to Christ based on one’s evangelical work… so my first major attempt… I wanted to make a lot of money… I wanted to do that “hundredfold” thing, so I was risking so much on stocks, hoping to be able to leave my job and create a homeless recovery organization with evangelicals in it… thinking that I would win because I thought that God was on my side… that didn’t work… I lost approximately $15k-$20k. So I was really bummed by that one… so I said that I might just be too overzealous, so I should lower my goal… so for my second major attempt, I decided that I would sponsor children for adoption to people whom I thought are “Christians” and I would fund this through my retirement money… my goal was to sponsor three children… so instead of funding for my own retirement, I’d use it to fund for adoption. But that didn’t work out also, because I wasn’t getting promoted… I’ve been a GS-5 for seven years(I was a Department of Veterans Affairs employee/some my fault, but big reason is I was wearing a hat for my alopecia areata, and my boss didn’t feel that was appropriate - they want people wearing neckties, etc.), and when my seventh year was nearing, I thought “I could serve God now,” instead of waiting to be age 57(minimum retirement age under Federal Employee Retirement System[FERS])… that’s why I’m out here… my hope before was to be able to have at least three people come to Christ, just like my adoption goal.

And about being saved… no, I did not think that was required for me to get saved… aside from my wanting to have at least three people come to Christ,  these two groups of verses were most influential to me(I’m using NIV here based on my point of view before):

Matthew 25:34-36
34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Mark 12:29-31
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[c] There is no commandment greater than these.”
(I know there’s another similar group of verses about the greatest commandment in another Gospel)

When I lost in stocks before, when Christmas came (again, before CLE/pagan Christmas), I actually went and bought, I think ten total, of the book The Stranger on the road to Emmaus (that’s the book that previewed to me many verses of the Bible before I started reading the Gospels many times), wrote something trying to encourage prisoners, and with a lot of chocolate, and then I went to a prison place in Florida. I was rejected first because I came there I think on December 24 night time… I don’t remember what year, but I came back again during the day… and one of the Lieutenants accepted it…. at first I think they were thinking that I might be trying to push in some drugs… so I felt really stupid doing that because I thought they thought I was trying to do something bad.

But my point about above is that I wanted to do what God wanted me to do… and my friend’s mom (the family who introduced me to Christ) told me before that God is supposed to be “dancing” when… I don’t remember if it was if people are saved, or if the Christian obeys God… I can’t remember… but that’s what my goal is… just to make God happy.

As far as being saved, again… my friend’s dad, who is a Pastor with a doctor’s degree told me that all I needed to do to be saved is to believed in Christ… but that was before I believed in Christ, i.e. before I started reading the Gospels… but from around this last six months, I was actually questioning him why he said that, because I’ve compiled so many verses that what I said “shows that a person seem to have to be a mature Christian to be saved.” Again, this was before CLE.  Before that, honestly, I did not even have an emphasis on whether I was saved or not, I was just focused on making God happy. But these were my notes I compiled when I started questioning the type of salvation he taught me(sorry, makes things longer, and NIV):

1. You are the light of the world - how could you be the light of the world if much of you are still engaged in sexual immorality, theft, slander, etc. This is why I am in the opinion that a Christian is a mature follower of Christ - although this would constitute of only as my opinion unless I provide a verse in the Bible that backs me up
2. 12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. - only the unblemished lamb was acceptable for burnt offering in the old times… so why would you be acceptable as a living sacrifice if you are still very full of ungodliness
3. Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord Hebrews 12:14   - 2 Peter 3:11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives - be holy therefore because your heavenly father is holy - we are to be the image of His Son Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
4. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. -  dog returns to its vomit
5. I will spit you out because you are lukewarm
6. Unless you change and become like little children
7. Faith without works is dead
8. If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God Hebrews 10:26-27
9. And, “But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back.” But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved. Hebrews 10:38-39
10. but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Matthew 24:13
11. 9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.    1st Corinthians 6:9-11
12.    Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my father who is in heaven. - Matthew 7:21   Away from me you evildoers!
13. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17
14. 3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. 1John 2: 3-6
15. 23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’ Luke 13:23-25    Matthew 7:13-14 13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
16. 15 “If you love me, keep my commands. John 14:15   23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
17. the blind leads the blind - call onto pastors to look deep into themselves and see if the Spirit is in them… without the Spirit, pastors that impregnate minors emerge… so pastoral selection is not flawless…dogma since childhood is the main reason… that’s why you have Catholic priests, islam clerics, etc… the Spirit of God is not in them
18. Aliens - God is alien to people
19. Give a dog a treat and it will bark under command - so do people
20. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 1 John 3:8
21. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.   1 John 3:10
22. Luke 14:27New International Version (NIV) 27 And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

So, yeah, this has been pretty long, and I’m getting exhausted. I hope I answered all your questions.

Offline Mark.Abecia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 10:24:33 AM »
Sorry, I copied and pasted from Mac Notes, and it "bolded" the bottom part for some reason.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »
Thank you Mark for your elaborate response. The verse you could not remember is in Luke 15:   10, Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
Your response still leave me with some questions, but I have a better picture of who you are and where you are at. I appreciate you taking the time. Thanks.
When we become born again, the world and life changes. I believe it is a process. After salvation comes sanctification. What that looks like is different for everyone, as we all come from different places and walks of life.
   Proverbs 3:5, Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6, In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Isaiah 64: 8, But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

About evangelism I would like to edify you by saying that it is NOT our effort that leads people to Christ. It is the Holy Spirit that convicts someone, not us. We can simply plant a seed, God does the rest. Eph4:  8, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9, Not of works, lest any man should boast.   Rom 2:4, Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

May God show you His will for your life, and strengthen you in your walk and discernment.
Masha

Offline Mark.Abecia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 01:39:01 PM »
Hi Masha. I actually got that one, I think. Thank you for edifying me though. One of the things that surprised me before was somewhere, I think it was in Exodus... where it says there something like "God hardened Pharaoh's Heart... so God wouldn't really make himself known to you, if He doesn't will it... I hope I interpreted that right" Again, sorry, it was NIV... And then there was another where "a person can only receive what is given to him from heaven".... and then when Jesus said something like, "my Father gives them to me and no one can take them from my hand."

It'll be like saying, "Lord, I brought all these gifts to you, please pick and choose!" And then, whoever He picks is the number I will be counting, lol. Sorry about the number thing, but I just thought that God will be happy if many are saved... and then, in a sense, I feel bad also for the people everywhere just living their lives without Christ. I hope that makes sense.

It was only recently that I've been taking notes, too... before, I was just reading the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John... those I've read more than, I would say twenty-five times in a span of around ten years... then I read a little also the rest of the new Testament probably five times... And I've probably read Genesis two times, and Exodus and Leviticus ones. Leviticus bored me so much before, lol, that's why I only ended in there. And I have not read the entire Old Testament after that.

Offline Mark.Abecia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »
Oh, and I said a lot of "I" in there... but I did not write those CLE articles, and then many other factors I couldn't identify right now... so when I said "I," I should've said something like "my contributions" to the body of Christ... but I don't belong in a church... and it'll be okay with me for CLE to not even accept me... as long as I can provide materials to give out to people to show God.