Author Topic: (VIDEO) GREEDY PASTORS: Creflo A. Dollar  (Read 3716 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: (VIDEO) GREEDY PASTORS: Creflo A. Dollar
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 04:03:42 PM »
I can only imagine that a devil could lie so smoothly for his lavish living and not even bat an eye.  And all those people! They just swallow it hook, line and sinker.
I sometimes wonder if all those millions actually come from individuals giving of their hard earned money. No doubt much of it does, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was cash flowing into these organizations from the Vatican, or some other "Higher Authority". (Just a guess.)
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 04:38:09 PM »
That's the power of a guilty conscience. That's it. The Catholic Church rose to such massive heights due to the power of a guilty conscience; that's how they make their money. It's not wrong to convince someone of guilt if they are guilty, but what's the solution presented to that guilt?

Bob claims "you are robbing God" -- solution? Pay Bob money to be absolved.

That's the fallacy. Look, in the big picture for my own ministry, the amount of Christians who listen to me on a regular basis who have helped out Lorraine and I charitably would be less than 1%, while men like Ed Young complain about having a 20% donation rate as not being enough. However, you don't see me complaining about it, nor do you see me making videos asking people for money. That's because Lorraine and I, though we want to have plenty that we might be able to do many things for others, we're not laboring to be rich.

It's amazing that Creflo has gone from teaching that people should tithe or die, and after a lot of heavy criticism, he has changed to "giving freely," but... he still teaches tithe and he's a hypocrite. If I try to put myself in his shoes, I just don't see how I could sleep at night, not because I'm a good person, but because the Holy Spirit of God would convict me so heavily, I would have to start up orphanages and homeless shelters, and all sorts of other things to alleviate that guilt, and NOT tell people that they need to give me more in the process.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 07:07:34 PM »
Those present at places like that are usually giving because they are covetous of vast amounts of money and hope to one day be wealthy like the "pastor" and seem to think that one day money is going to come raining down out of the sky because God now owes it to them. 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 07:36:45 PM »
Those present at places like that are usually giving because they are covetous of vast amounts of money and hope to one day be wealthy like the "pastor" and seem to think that one day money is going to come raining down out of the sky because God now owes it to them.
And as we all know they have a verse for that:

Malachi 3:10 KJV  Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jackie

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 11:45:50 PM »
If Creflo Dollar is really a charitable man of God and he is really buying cars and homes for his congregants, I am in the wrong church! Haha! ;) seriously though if this is true, I really would like to find these supposed people and interview them.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 05:49:28 PM »
People like this you will always notice that the ones they help will live in a nether state or country. I remember one guy who when you meet will sound like a guy who gives all he has, always tell he gives to people in some far off land that no one ever heard of. To now thinking of it how did he go and do all this and still make it back for a sermon on Sunday?

Jackie

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 08:31:53 PM »
People like this you will always notice that the ones they help will live in a nether state or country. I remember one guy who when you meet will sound like a guy who gives all he has, always tell he gives to people in some far off land that no one ever heard of. To now thinking of it how did he go and do all this and still make it back for a sermon on Sunday?

You make a very interesting and honest point here. Also, you'll find that most of the time when preachers like this talk about people they've helped, these people don't have names and are generally described so vaguely. It's even more hilarious when these preachers make claims of miraculously healing people, without having any proof.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 11:13:10 AM »
You  can tell Dollar really do not read his bible. He said in this video "you can't go over it. You can't go under it but you have to go threw it. That is why Israel had to destroy Jericho it was between them and the promise land. Look it up on a map it is the only way to get to the promise land."  He did not say it in the exact words.

See if he read his bible he would of seen that Israel could of walk around Jericho. How else would they be able to march around the city for 7 days. If any one do look it up on a map you can see there is plenty of room to walk around it

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 01:19:05 PM »
"you can't go over it. You can't go under it but you have to go threw it. That is why Israel had to destroy Jericho it was between them and the promise land. Look it up on a map it is the only way to get to the promise land."  He did not say it in the exact words.
I see what you mean.
Dollar made it sound like Israel was facing the Great Wall of China or something.
And, oh, by the way, Israel did not destroy the wall. The wall fell down flat.

Sometimes I think these charlatans purposely abuse scripture so blatantly so that any Bible believers will simply go away.  Like a way of filtering out anyone that might cause problems.