Author Topic: Greetings, fellow followers of Christ.  (Read 5165 times)

Severius Brandusa

Greetings, fellow followers of Christ.
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:46:21 PM »
Hello to everyone. My name is Severius Brandusa and I'm a 24 year old man living nearby Springfield, Missouri. I'm very blessed to have been led by the Lord to find such a community of other believers who are of the same mind in Christ Jesus and who have a desire to follow the true, unleavened doctrine as revealed in the Authorized Bible (the KJV). As a child I was raised in Sacramento, California in the Romanian Orthodox "church". I never liked being there and always perceived that something was wrong about the whole thing. My mother and father divorced when I was 3 because my dad was Romanian Pentecostal and my mom was Orthodox, and if you know anything about Romanian Orthodox and Romanian Pentecostal, they mix as well as iron mingles with clay (Biblical reference intended).
Then when I was 13, we moved to Missouri where we began to attend a small, Southern Baptist "church". Because the pastor there truly had a heart for the Lord, I started to learn of the Truth of Jesus Christ and it made me realize that a lot of the things in my life were ungodly. Because I was raised so long in such a superficial religion and nobody taught me foundational, Biblical principles, I actually believed in evolution and aliens while "believing" in Jesus Christ and had never known that the Bible taught something other than evolution and "billions of years" seeing my mom would tell me to believe everything they taught me at school. Sadly, regardless I fell hard into the sin of drunkenness and drugs and became an addict. Also, that pastor left the "church" building causing one of those NIV pastors to infiltrate which turned the service into hour-long anecdotes about his wordly life.
Neverthless, I greatly thank the LORD God for allowing me to read and hear His Word and make me to understand the difference between the will of God and the traditions of men. He has also brought me, after so many years of addiction, to complete sobriety, which is something I never thought would have honestly happened in my life because of the grip that stuff had on me.
I found out about Christopher Johnson and the ministry that God has set him over through a video from Brian Moonan on Youtube. I was very excited to see the large amount of quality teachings on the things I continuously do my own research about. Not to mention the stern humor from Christopher that I find rather hilarious.

In conclusion, I am very thankful to the Father to have found this place.

May our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

Masha

Re: Greetings, fellow followers of Christ.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 04:41:49 AM »
Hi Severius,
Great to meet you here. May the Lord be nigh unto you, so you may grow in Him.
Masha

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 05:36:16 AM »
Welcome, Severius! I'm so glad you found us here and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 11:38:05 AM »
Thank you guys so very much. It is a blessing you meet you.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 02:41:16 PM »
I once had a pastor get upset with me because I ignored his daughter's request to make our teachings more understandable for Romanians. I always thought it was absurd that he threw such a fit over that, but that was before I read this introduction post because until now, I didn't know there was such a thing as a "Romanian Orthodox" or "Romanian Pentecostal" religion. Now I'm starting to wonder if that man and his family was a part of them, and perhaps that's why they departed from us on such contentious terms. I'll have to think about that some more.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 08:20:36 PM »
If they were Romanian Orthodox, they wouldn't have even asked because most if not all of them have no desire to know the Bible truthfully. If they were Romanian Pentecostal, it makes sense that they would have gotten frustrated because they always want things their way and are very proud. The Pentecostal Romanians are some of the most die-hard gibberish tongue-speakers who cannot be convinced otherwise that their babbling is unbiblical. The rehab I recently went through was a Pentecostal Romanian based one and they took away my King James Bible because they didn't like that I read from it, and they would force me to not doubt in their false tongues. It was madness, but I praise the Lord Jesus that through that experience I was able to stay away from drugs long enough to detox and break from it, and also learn firsthand about the two-faced, hypocritical teachings that make up the Charismatic religion. They didn't like that I would pray quietly and would pressure me to yell, which I wouldn't do because it would make me feel like a fake. It sure must be easy for them to pray for hours and hours on end when all they would do is repeat the same vain phrase while texting on their phones. No joke.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 09:57:14 PM »
Wow! That reminds me of when the followers of Baal were dancing around and shouting trying to get their god's attention and all Elijah had to do was softly speak to God and ask him for what he wanted and God answered straight away. Kind of tells you something about the god these Pentecostals are worshipping, doesn't it?

I wouldn't even know how to begin going about trying to make these teachings 'more understandable' to Romanians. If they can read and understand English, it shouldn't be a problem and if they don't, then why would they expect someone who doesn't speak Romanian to try to translate for them? It makes NO sense.

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 04:20:28 PM »
That is a really interesting comparison. Not only that, but these people would constantly judge the wealthier Pentecostal Romanian "church" buildings for the exact same things they were doing, but the only difference would be that they didn't have as much money (even though they themselves would receive hundreds of thousands of dollars in donation on a regular basis.) They would take advantage of us "students" by having us go on 8-12 hour work projects daily (even on Saturdays most of the time) to bring in more income for the center, only to finally come home and be forced to sit there and listen to sermons by Billy Graham and Paul Washer. (Not to mention the constant playing of disgusting "christian" rock music that would drive me nuts.) And instead of allowing us to rest on Sundays, we would have to go to two 2 hour services of yelling and babbling and hypocritical rebuking every week, one in the morning and one at night.

And as for making it more understandable to Romanian, that doesn't make sense because most Romanians in America these days speak more English than Romanian (some don't even know Romanian), and also most of them read the countless perversions of the Bible instead of the King James, even though the King James is the best for understanding. They probably weren't sincere and just wanted to cause contention and have a reason to discredit Christopher Johnson.

Suelong88

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 02:24:19 PM »
Glad to have you here Severius!

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »
Fascinating!!! Thank you for sharing Severius!  I just learned a lot!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 11:37:32 PM »
Thank you Susan and Tonya. I'm very blessed to be here!

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 11:15:24 PM »
Thank you for sharing your testimony.  Yes, very fascinating and I just learned a lot, too!
Welcome and so glad to have you here :-)

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 01:54:39 AM »
Thank you so much. This is a wonderful church of our Lord Jesus Christ and I am grateful to God for giving Christopher Johnson such wisdom and understanding to learn the things that he has learned and shared to us through his Biblical teachings. May the LORD God Jesus Christ always be honored and glorified.