Author Topic: Paula White  (Read 78 times)

Offline stevesams

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 9
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
  • Belief: Christianity
Paula White
« on: January 09, 2018, 04:43:24 PM »
Found this article today.  I really can't put into words how I feel about this.  It's just that bad.

" Donald Trump's Spiritual Adviser Paula White Suggests People Send Her Their January Salary or Face Consequences From God"

- Newsweek

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-spiritual-adviser-135804056.html
Steve

James 1:22

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
Re: Paula White
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 07:58:32 PM »
Wow... just wow... How somebody can be that blatantly arrogant is beyond me. I don't know who's worse; her or Joyce Meyer. But then, they all do that sort of thing. Creflo Dollar, and who was that one who said he NEEDED a private jet?

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:47:03 PM by Jeanne »

Offline stevesams

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 9
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 09:07:16 PM »
The sad thing is that the verse you referenced is so true. How many widows will just hand over their life savings because this wicked women is telling them that God will punish them for not giving her money. 
Steve

James 1:22

Offline Hardeep

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Hardeep Singh
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 10:43:03 PM »
@stevesams - Paula White is a Pastor/Pastrix  and women are not allowed to have teaching authority over men according to this article:

http://creationliberty.com/articles/womenteach.php

Also, she is apart of the Word-Faith Movement as noted here in these articles:

http://apprising.org/2012/06/12/wf-pastrix-paula-white-as-paul-is-to-timothy-so-t-d-jakes-is-to-me/

http://apprising.org/2012/11/10/t-d-jakes-spiritual-daughter-paula-whites-latest-lie-to-fleece-her-flock/

Likewise, this concept of firstfruits is mentioned first in Exodus 23. Exodus 23:14-16: 14 "Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto me in the year. 15 Thou shalt keep the feast of unleavened bread: (thou shalt eat unleavened bread seven days, as I commanded thee, in the time appointed of the month Abib; for in it thou camest out from Egypt: and none shall appear before me empty: 16 And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field."

Thus, this has everything to do with God commanding Israel to do such things as the firstfruits and we as Christians are no longer under any obligation to give firstfruits as Israel was because we are not under the law any longer as Scripture says in Hebrews 7:11-12: 11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec [i.e. Jesus Christ], and not be called after the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

In fact, in the New Testament, the first time firstfruits is mentioned is in Romans 8:23: 23 "And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."

Now, I am not sure what firstfruits are being made to mention here since I have not studied Scripture, but I am certain that this has nothing to do with money.

Similarly, as far as White suggesting people send her their January salary or face consequences from God that in itself is not Scriptural nor can it be proven to be so as she is vaguely threatening people facing divine punishment for not giving and not giving to her.

Likewise, the fact that it has to be to her obviously is a red flag. Because, if one were to go ahead and give God their entire salary for January, I am sure that by our prayer The Holy Spirit would lead us to those Ministers who are truly doing God's service and work as well as those we can be charitable to. For a great article on charity that is not centered on money, but rather through The Word Of God this article puts it into perspective: http://creationliberty.com/articles/charity.php

And, I would guess that if she is about the firstfruits offering she probably is urging people to tithe as well even though it is not a Christian requirement as evidenced in this article: http://creationliberty.com/articles/tithe.php

On the contrary, it is a joy for a Christian to give to God with what He has blessed us with as mentioned in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7: 6 "But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver."

I am not sure if someone can help explain to me what the 6th verse in 2 Corinthians 9:6 means as if it is pertaining to money or something other than it.

Truly, the following scriptures define such people who practice such deceitful practices:

1 Timothy 6:10: 10 "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Matthew 7:15-20: 15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Acts 20:29-31: 29 "For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears."

@ Jeanne - Creflo Dollar was the one who needed a private jet and here are the sources showing so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIobdRNLNek

https://www.christianpost.com/news/creflo-dollar-will-get-70-million-gulfstream-g650-jet-says-church-world-changers-board-says-it-is-necessary-for-ministry-139858/

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 02:27:02 AM »
Thanks, Hardeep. I knew Chris had mentioned him but didn't feel like going to look it up right then.

Another real concern is the fact that Paula White is the 'spiritual adviser' to the President! As had already been mentioned, she has no business even having a so-called ministry, let alone trying to put herself in a position of spiritual authority over the President of the United States.

Offline Hardeep

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 02:42:37 AM »
@ Jeanne - No problem. Donald Trump is probably not a Christian as referenced by Christopher in the article: http://creationliberty.com/articles/trump501c3.php

I agree with you that it is indeed concerning that White is the "spiritual adviser" to President Trump, but that is probably more so catering, pandering to "evangelicals" to show that Trump is a Christian and a spiritual one at that perhaps for a re-election bid in 2020.

This is why Scripture says to pray for those in authority like The President as evidenced in 1 Timothy 2:1-4: 1 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 44
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 11:23:28 AM »
Although I wouldn't trust "Apprising Ministries" for anything because they're 501c3. The man is yoked together with the same Catholic Church through 501c3 that he claims to be preaching against.
http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/501c3.php
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline Hardeep

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 08:56:56 PM »
@CreationLiberty - Thank you, Christopher, for mentioning that as I was completely unaware of "Apprising Ministries" being 501 c3.

They do mention in their "About AM" section that: "Apprising Ministries [at one time was a] non-profit and tax-exempt labor extending as a fully integrated auxiliary from Connecticut River Baptist Church (CRBC)."

I failed to look at that prior to posting the links and information to them.

Thus, I repent and apologize to you as well as the CLE brethren for doing so.

And, I ask for your forgiveness and for the forgiveness of the brethren at CLE as well.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 44
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 11:34:59 AM »
There's no need for apologies; I just put that out there to warn everyone that they're leavened. I understand you were trying to share what you know; it's just that we try to stay away from people who are yoked up with the world. Thanks for your understanding.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings