Author Topic: (VIDEO) GREEDY PASTORS: Edwin B. Young  (Read 3769 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: (VIDEO) GREEDY PASTORS: Edwin B. Young
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 07:20:25 PM »
Psalm 50:10 EYV For every beast of the forest would mine if church-goers just tithed, and the cattle upon a thousand hills also, if they would stop robbing me.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:35:14 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 07:45:31 PM »
Joshua 6:20 EYV  So the church-goers tithed when the rock band jammed with the electric guitars: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the awesome drum kit and saw a great smoke from the fog machine, and the people gave money with great abundance, that Ed and his biblically illiterate followers broke through the wall, so that the covetous went up into the city, every man filled his pockets and the trunk of his SUV, and they took all that filthy lucure from the city and became filthy rich.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 08:01:10 PM »
It isn't just that Ed Young is such a liar but that, apparently, tons of people are swallowing his lies.

2 Timothy 4:3 KJV  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 10:09:13 PM »
Ten questions I've answered while learning about tithing from the Bible and not from insane preachers like this one.

What is tithe?  Deuteronomy 12:17, Deuteronomy 14:22, Deuteronomy 14:23, Deuteronomy 14:28, Deuteronomy 26:12, 2 Chronicles 31:5-6, Nehemiah 10:38-39, Deuteronomy 14:25 is the only time when money is used, Nehemiah 10:37, Nehemiah 13:12, Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42, and finally Luke 18:12.  All these verses consist of first fruits of corn, wine, oil, or firstlings of herds or of flock, all increase of seed that the field bringeth forth year by year, thine increase, of oxen and sheep, of holy things which were consecrated unto the Lord their God, new wine, money on specific conditions, of our ground, of mint and anise and cummin, rue and all manner of herbs, and of all that I (Pharisee) possess.

Who gets tithe?  Genesis 14:20, Priest of the most high God, Leviticus 27:30, is the Lord's, Numbers 18:21, the children of Levi, Numbers 18:24, Lord/Levites to inherit, Numbers 18:26, Levites take tithe/heave offering of it for the Lord, Numbers 18:28, unto the Lord "heave offering"/heave offering to Aaron the priest, Deuteronomy 14:25, then shalt thou (children of Israel) turn it (tithe) into money, Deuteronomy 26:12, unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, Nehemiah 10:37, unto the priests/unto the Levites, Nehemiah 10:38, Levites take tithes, Nehemiah 12:44, for the priests and Levites, Nehemiah 13:5, to be given to the Levites, and the singers, and the porters, Malachi 3:8, God was robbed of tithe, Malachi 3:10, mine (God) house, Hebrews 7:5, the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, Hebrews 7:6, he whose descent is not counted from them (Melchisedec, I think), Hebrews 7:8, men that die, and Hebrews 7:9, Levi also, who receiveth tithes.

Who tithes?  Genesis 14:20, Abram, Leviticus 1:2, the children of Israel/man of you (children of Israel), Leviticus 27:2, the children of Israel, Leviticus 27:34, for the children of Israel, Numbers 18:24, the tithes of the children of Israel, Numbers 18:26, when ye take of the children of Israel the tithes, Numbers 18:28, which ye receive of the children of Israel, Deuteronomy 1:1, unto all Israel, 2 Chronicles 31:6, Concerning the children of Israel and Judah, that dwelt in the cites of Judah, Amos 4:5, O ye children of Israel, Malachi 1:1, The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi, Malachi 3:8, Israel robbed God of tithes and offerings, Matthew 23:23, scribes and pharisees, Luke 11:42, Pharisees, Luke 18:12, Pharisee, Hebrews 7:5, people according to the law (children of Israel), Hebrews 7:6, tithes of Abraham, Hebrews 7:9, Levi, while he was still in the loins of Abraham, Nehemiah 13:12, all Judah, Amos 1:1, concerning Israel.

Where do tithe go?  2 Chronicles 31:11, Chambers in the house of the Lord, Deuteronomy 14:28, shalt lay it up within thy gates, Deuteronomy 26:12, within they gates, Nehemiah 10:38, unto the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house, Nehemiah 12:44, chambers for the treasures, Nehemiah 13:5, great chamber, Nehemiah 13:12, unto the treasuries, Malachi 3:10, into the storehouse.

How much do you tithe?  Leviticus 27:31, fifth part thereof (if a man (children of Israel) will at all redeem ought of his tithes), Leviticus 27:32, the tenth, Numbers 18:21, tenth, Numbers 18:26, heave offering gets a tenth of the tithe, Deuteronomy 14:22, all the increase, Deuteronomy 14:28, thine increase, Deuteronomy 26:12, of thine increase.

What is a tenth?  Genesis 8:5, simply 10, "in the tenth month", Exodus 12:3, "the tenth day", simply 10, Exodus 16:36, Now an omer is the tenth part of an ephah, kinda like a dime is the tenth part of a dollar, simply 10, Leviticus 27:32, the tenth of herd, flock, or whatsoever passeth under the rod, can't take 10% of 9 sheep.  Sure, a tenth can look to be 10% of something but only in certain conditions.

Why tithe?  Numbers 18:24, Levites to inherit, for the Levites shall have no inheritance, Numbers 18:26, for your inheritance (Levites), Numbers 18:28, heave offering to Aaron the priest, Numbers 18:31, for it is your reward for your service in the tabernacle of the congregation (Levites), Deuteronomy 26:12, that they may eat within they gates, and be filled, Nehemiah 12:44, portions of the law for the priests and Levites, Nehemiah 13:5, to be given to the Levites, and the singers, and the porters.

When did tithing take place?  Genesis 14:20, after the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, when Melchizedek brought forth bread and wine, Abram tithed to Melchizedek, Leviticus 27:34, at mount Sinai, Deuteronomy 14:28, at the end of three years, the same year, Deuteronomy 26:12, the third year, which is the year of tithing, Amos 4:4, your tithes after three years.

Where did tithing take place?  Genesis 14:17, at the valley of Shaveh, Leviticus 27:34, mount Sinai, Deuteronomy 14:28, within thy gates.

Why change tithe to money?  Deuteronomy 14:24, "if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee"

What to do with said money?  Deuteronomy 14:26, "and thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord they God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household..."

I'm sure there is much more to add but this is what I could find.  Just going to the Word of God on this opened my eyes to far more than I could have ever gotten from "church."  After doing this research I can now appreciate even more the time Chris spends to give us his teachings.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 08:26:19 AM »
Part of the reason this subject gets under my skin is because I fell for it. For over 10 years I was convinced that giving 10% or more to a church building was a good thing. And I did it a lot. I even gave 10% of my inheritance when my dad died.  >:(
To be clear, I never gave thinking that God would give me more money or that my personal and financial problems would be solved.  I gave because I thought that God would be pleased because I was so generous.  :-[
That's what I get for putting my faith in men to teach me what the Bible says instead of using the Bible to judge what men teach. I was a fool. Lord willing, NEVER AGAIN.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 09:59:24 AM »
A Christian can say to himself, "I want to set aside 10% of my income to give to the poor." That's not wrong. Or, "I want to set aside 10% to give to aid my Christian brethren in their needs," or "I want to set aside 10% to help *insert name*" -- that's not wrong. However, there is no storehouse anymore to bring tithe into; it's church building philosophy, or I like to say "temple-based philosophy" that is being taught in church buildings.

It's not that God does not reward the cheerful giver, even when they are under the false doctrine of tithe, doing so in their ignorance. However, once they learn the truth, what do they do? That's the real question.

When they learn the truth, do they make excuses and go back to the temple-based philosophy to justify themselves and their pastor? When they learn the truth, do they stop tithing and pick up charity? Or, in many cases I've seen, I've watched Christians stop tithing, and then they don't adopt Christ's doctrine of charity; they just stop giving altogether, which demonstrates that true charity is mostly lost on this generation. (i.e. They're always taught to give to get.)

Furthermore, it amazes me about the double standard sometimes. For example, Young said a couple bought them a house when he was starting out... did he give 10% of the cost of that house back? Nope. Guarantee he didn't. (Even if he did, it would have gone right back in his own pocket.) But then the double standard gets even worse because let's say a father tithed his whole life, but then gave an inheritance to his son; the inheritance is tithed money, but the son is expected to tithe from the tithed inheritance, which means the family is paying tithe in multiple increments.

The analogy I make between government taxation and a pastor's tithe is, in my opinion, almost flawless. By the way, he complained that he was only making $25000 a year when he and his wife was starting out; Lorraine and I can't even imagine what it's like to make $25 grand a year, which just demonstrates how greedy that man is.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 10:02:21 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18