Author Topic: Hello! New Member Here!  (Read 5006 times)

SpencerD

Hello! New Member Here!
« on: August 21, 2019, 05:43:30 PM »
Hello, my name is Spencer and I reside in North Carolina. My testimony picks up at 16 years old after finding my father dead on the kitchen floor from a aortic aneurism. Briefly before then I hardly was forced to attend church, and even if I did, I still didnt believe in Jesus. After this tragedy in my life, it almost solidified my agnostic views. I could never had consider myself an atheist for the fact that I knew there had to be something much bigger than us out there.  Atheism to me was a poor mans excuse into simple minded thinking. But the Bible being true? Idk about all that. This road led me down to a heroin addiction at 19. It took everything from me, including my life for 6 minutes. I checked myself into a faith based rehab and came to know our Lord Jesus Christ. Unfortunately though I acquired head knowledge of Him and His Word, I never acquired a heart to heart, intimate relationship. This eventually led me to a relapse at 22. The night Christ called me back I remember clearly. Driving my 05 Honda Accord on the way to score some dope. For the first time I can truly say I felt the presence of God weighing on me and my spirit. I knew what I had to do. I checked myself back into the same faith based recovery program and after He had only given me just a taste of His love and mercy, He began to reveal to me so many things from His Word that I could have never connected too without a true relationship with Him. I am now 24 with a year and some change of sobriety. All credit, all glory, goes to the One True God and our Lord Christ Jesus. I discovered this forum after doing just some personal research of Christian history. I look forward to reading more testimonies of His witnesses and hope this forum can also be a tool in furthering my relationship with Him by reading view points from more mature members in Christ.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 05:57:18 PM by SpencerD »

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hello! New Member Here!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 07:37:36 PM »
It's good to have you here. I hope this forum can benefit you in some way.

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 07:38:59 PM »
Hi, Spencer! Nice to meet you! Wow, what an amazing story of the goodness of God you have there. I

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 07:44:06 PM »
Hello Spencer,

Glad you ended up finding us.  There is a lot of learning here to be done and you will only get the truth here, even if it's offensive.  But be patient here and be prepared to learn things out of the norm.  It truly takes a seeker of truth and not willing ignorance to be here.  We seek to have the traditions and rudiments of Christ and not the worlds.  I would like to know more details on how you finally came to Christ if that's okay with you?

Jackie

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 08:11:44 PM »
Sorry my post got cut off, have to remember about the foreign symbols thing. Anyways, just glad you are here Spencer. I am excited to get to know you better.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 09:08:43 AM »
Welcome Spencer, and thank you for your testimony.  Praising God that He saved you.
May the Good Lord keep you strong, in Him.  And may He protect you always, as you grow in your Faith.

So happy the Lord has led you here, to have fellowship with true Bible-believing Christians.
This is a wonderful place to be, where we all can grow stronger in our Faith.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 153
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 04:01:16 PM »
Hi Spencer

Welcome to the forum.  I hope you fit right in here and that this is a place you make close friends and that it brings you to an even deeper relationship with Christ.  With humility we are all still learning so hopefully you will find us to be a lot more humble than others you may have been around in the past.

It was saddening to read that you found your father dead on your kitchen floor when you were only sixteen years old.  That is a very sad and distressing thing for a young person to have to go through.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 456
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 09:34:59 AM »
He wrote this almost three weeks ago and hasn't logged in since.
"I... hope this forum can also be a tool in furthering my relationship with Him by reading view points from more mature members in Christ"
Frankly, I think this was just some flattering words because it doesn't seem like he had any intention of really being here. I mean, maybe he is reading the forum without logging in, but you don't need an account to read the forum. I mean, I just don't understand why someone would make an account to converse with us if they didn't have any intention of doing so, and furthermore, it sounds like he needs to be reading the teachings on the website more than the forum.

I was a bit skeptical of his testimony because, as you can see if you read it carefully, there is no repentance of wrongdoing. He claims he "came to know Christ," and "Christ called him back," but there really is no testimony of Christ in his words. He got cleaned up from his addiction, which is great, but that does not mean he has come to grief and godly sorrow of his sin and been converted. (i.e. Getting clean from drugs and alcohol is not the equivalent of conversion by the Holy Spirit.)

Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell
Again, I encourage people, go read that book I released last week, and compare it to what Spencer said and see if you notice some important points missing. In short, I read this testimony as a man who thinks he's a victim that believes he has an "intimate relationship" with God, but has no sin, no repentance in his heart, nor understanding of the meaning of the blood of Christ. I was waiting to see some of his responses and read more of his conversation before I concluded anything about it, but he never came back.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 03:31:37 PM »
I don't know what's going on here, either, but I just noticed that he is in North Carolina so he may be without power after Dorian blew through. I was in East Texas when Rita hit and we were without power for a week. He may be dealing with the aftermath of the hurricane. From what I've heard, North Carolina got hit pretty hard.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 456
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 05:56:21 PM »
I didn't know anything about that. I suppose we'll wait and see; I hope he's alright.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jackie

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 09:57:00 PM »
Also with the hurricane, even if he did not lose power, he may still have been affected and may be trying to get back to normal. Or he might just be busy. I know I am but I am still around.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 153
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 07:38:17 AM »
Also with the hurricane, even if he did not lose power, he may still have been affected and may be trying to get back to normal. Or he might just be busy. I know I am but I am still around.

I have just read in the news that there are 1300 people missing after hurricane Dorian passed through.  I hope that guy is alright.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 07:41:27 AM »
I think most of the people missing are in the Bahamas. They got hit the hardest, and I think from what I've seen on YT, only the Outer Banks of North Carolina was really affected that badly.