Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) 501c3: The Devil's Church (2019) p1  (Read 4198 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) 501c3: The Devil's Church (2019) p1
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 03:39:23 PM »
Interesting. I just finished listening to the old 591.c.3 teaching earlier today. 
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 04:18:39 PM »
There will be a lot more to this, and it will have more documentation and be much more thorough with better examples to help understand. I have plans to one day publish this book in print as well.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 04:26:15 PM »
Thank you.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 06:43:58 AM »
In reference to a fellow Christian being referred to as 'brother' as in the teaching in the first half from Paul's letter to the Romans.  I also cringe when I hear someone refer to someone else as 'brother' when it is in the first person.  I'm nit picking, but Paul does it here in Philemon.  I just had to throw that in for interest sake.

Philemon Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer, 2 and to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the church in thy house: 3 Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

4 I thank my God, making mention of thee always in my prayers, 5 hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints; 6 that the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. 7 For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.

Because Paul did it here in writing, I do wonder if he ever did it verbally when he was with fellow believers.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 09:52:23 AM »
Using the word 'brother' as a proper noun is not the same as using it as a title. I sometimes call my own brother 'brother dear' instead of using his name. It's not the same as saying Brother Timothy, or whatever. This is more like a term of endearment.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 12:17:10 PM »
I also cringe when I hear someone refer to someone else as 'brother' when it is in the first person.
The cringe is coming from the knowledge that, without repentance, many believe they are part of the church when they are not, and therefore, they say it more as a way to justify each other (i.e. hey, look, we're all part of the club), and because of tradition, rather than out of an endearment.

For example, I have never met Kevin or Kenneth, but I believe they are my brothers. I have more endearment to them, especially for their humility and good works, than I have to anyone have met so far in 501c3 church buildings.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 12:19:20 PM by creationliberty »

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 09:06:06 PM »
I also cringe when I hear someone refer to someone else as 'brother' when it is in the first person.
The cringe is coming from the knowledge that, without repentance, many believe they are part of the church when they are not, and therefore, they say it more as a way to justify each other (i.e. hey, look, we're all part of the club), and because of tradition, rather than out of an endearment.

Yes, I think you hit the nail right on the head with that comment.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 08:00:08 PM »
A while back ago when my parents first started their church mom asked me to help her fill out the 501c3 paperwork.  I figured I would and every step of the way try to tell them not to.  I begged and brought up multiple examples just from what the paperwork was asking and that the Church was already exempt by showing them exactly where the law says they were exempt.  That didn't stop them.  The main excuse was so that when people "tithed" they could give them a tax write off at the end of the year.  I told them that if someone "tithes" to just get a tax write off at the end of the year then they are doing "tithing" wrong to begin with, which we all know tithing today isn't Biblical.  Not to mention, if the Church is already tax exempt then that means all donations would be automatically taxed exempt as well.  But they insisted on appeasing to those who were the main "tithers" of the church than to what was right in the sight of God.  Yet another subject that has ended in yelling.  By the way Chris, I did give my dad a CD copy of the first part of your repentance series and he said he would listen to it even after I asked him not to shut it off right after he heard something he disagreed with.  I can only pray that he does listen to it all the way through without shutting it off.  There again, if he tells me that he listened to it but turned it off because of a disagreement then all I can do is rebuke him for lying.