Author Topic: Another M.W. Smith Fan  (Read 63 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 44
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Another M.W. Smith Fan
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:44:21 PM »
I sent this email, and as far as I know, it did go through. I didn't get an error message back; at least not yet. So I could be wrong about this guy's email address, and perhaps he did send me his legitimate email and name. I directly accuse him; I just questioned it, but I guess we'll see. Anyway, here's the exchange, and I hope it helps Christians memorize Scriptural answers against scoffers:

Read your Michael W Smith page. I agree with parts of your article but unfortunately your credibility went downhill when you started down the "Great is the Lord" path and mis-applied Matthew 6:7 to songs.  Apparently you haven't read much of the Old Testament and studied the songs of the day.  This is unfortunate since I do have concerns about Michael W and Amy Grant. Now my concerns are with both you and them.

Okay, I'm now being condemned as a false Christian on my way to hell like Michael W. Smith. This is nothing new, I get these kind of letters all the time, so let's hear this one.

Using the same twisted logic you use one could say that Psalms 136 shouldn't be included in the Holy Scriptures because it repeats the phrase 'for his mercy endureth for ever' 26 times.

You do realize that each verse has different words, right? It's not the same verse repeated 26 times? Did you read the whole chapter?

This is pure stupidity on your part.

And that's pure railing on your part, which shows the filth in your heart because the Bible says you're a wicked person:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat... Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
-1Co 5:11-13

I would pray the Lord Jesus Christ would bless you and your family with all your needs throughout the coming week. I say that because the Bible instructs Christians in that manner:
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
-1 Peter 3:9

Come on, get with it,  If you have some facts against someone follow the scriptures!  Go to the person, the elders the church.

Ah, I see now. You're a Smith fan aren't you? His song "Great is the Lord" is one of your favorites that you've sung with great passion, isn't it? "Go to the person" -- that's not the first time I've heard that as an excuse, and it told me far more than you realize. You wrote to me in deception and lies because you didn't like the article because it was abrasive to what you do and how you live, isn't it? That's also why you wrote a first name only and "USA" as your location. That's also why you put down an email address that says "****@nobodyimportant.com" because you're running and hiding--the only reason I'm even responding to this is to post it on our forum so other Christians can benefit from it; I'd bet John isn't your real name either? (i.e. If that's true, you lied about your name and email address in sin.)
Christians who write me in the humility of the Spirit of God don't hide in the shadows because they've got nothing to hide, but you're skulking in the darkness:

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
-John 3:19

If a man makes his teachings public, I don't have to go to him personally. I have no obligation to do that. I only do that with those who are in the church, not heretics and false preachers like your beloved beloved new-age music makers.
Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
-1Ti 5:20

If you want to go be a friend to the world, then go be a friend to the world; it's none of my business.
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
-James 4:4

Don't just go to the internet, with the rest of the pagans.   You set yourself apart as a teacher with integrity, don't you know that you are held to a higher standard than this?

If what you just said was true, then you're a hypocrite. You're doing research on this subject ON THE INTERNET. You're emailing me ON THE INTERNET. Thus, if you were sanctifying yourself as you demand of me, you wouldn't be writing this to me in the first place.
An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
-Pro 11:9
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
-Matthew 7:5
Therefore the Lord shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaketh folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.
-Isa 9:17

Much of your page has good information. I agree, there are good reasons to be concerned about Michael and Amy but this page, as written is not helping anyone.  If you are a concerned christian that believes in the holy word of God then please respect it and follow it's precepts. Remove the false accusations that you don't know for a fact. Leave your concerns, they are valid.

"Concerned" and "concerns" shows me that you don't want to sanctify yourself. It's not "the truth" to you, but rather it's just my "personal concerns." You'll keep listening to their music and reveling in it; you and I both know it. That's why you jumped out at false and hypocritical accusations about "sanctification" against me is because you refuse to sanctify yourself and still call yourself a Christian without repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing). That's hypocrisy. You can whine to me about it all you want, and you can lie to others if you choose, but you and I both know the truth, and most importantly, the Lord God knows, and you will have to give account to Him:
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Mat 12:36
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
-Luke 16:15

I'm not God. Let's say you found 50 things I was doing and saying wrong, it still will not justify your words and actions; you'll still have to give an account. Justifying yourself to me, or by trying to falsely use me as your excuse, will not give you an excuse when facing the Living God. You must be humbled to repentance, or you will never receive God's grace.
"Is Repentance Part of Salvation?"

If you are from the devil then you will probably just laugh at this writing, but at least I tried to warn you.

I have been thoroughly warned of "John from USA's" hypocrisy. You did demonstrate that clearly, so thanks for the warning. I've got work that needs doing, so have a wonderful day.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 44
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Re: Another M.W. Smith Fan
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 05:19:56 PM »
It turns out, I was correct. Fake email address, fake name. That's why I post these here, so that way my efforts in Biblical rebuke are not in vain because of anonymous cowards.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings