Author Topic: (VIDEO) Charismatic Gibberish vs Speaking in Tongues p5  (Read 154 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 44
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
(VIDEO) Charismatic Gibberish vs Speaking in Tongues p5
« on: December 25, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline davehenry

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: David
Re: (VIDEO) Charismatic Gibberish vs Speaking in Tongues p5
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 10:07:51 PM »
I was heavily into the whole "apostolic",pentecostal movement actually a few years before being granted godly sorrow which led to repentance to salvation,praise the Lord Jesus Christ!!
My now wife knew it was garbage and laughed every time i made mad noises but being brainwashed i got annoyed,she never went to " church a until i decided to to go the only type of " church" i thought was true because of so-called signs and wonders and fleshly excitement was the joy of the Lord after having a fatal epileptic seizure after 2 days of getting drunk.Long story short.What opened my eyes looking back was the Lord:i was put in a situation were myself,now wife,a polish guy who was genuinely seeking the Lord,and another guy who now has a charasmatic "church" started in our city.We all went into my house 6 years ago roughly and the polish guy had a sore leg,the other guy prayed over him in gibberish dor healing but the polish guy said he was still in pain but wanted to speak in tongues so hands were laid on him,he was told to close his eyes and say LALA,he said it and then he was told to say LALA again but like a teletubby and just let it flow.The polish guy's wife rang at just that point and it ended but i knew then it was rubbish and satanic.Myself and wife met the polish guy a month or so after that and he said he was avoiding church and wasn't going back,i truely hope and pray he has got to hear true Biblical teaching on repentance and has got saved".May the Lord Jesus Christ bless you all!!

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 11:29:13 PM »
It's interesting that we rarely hear about the people who try this stuff and it doesn't work. Often, even those within the cult who know it doesn't work just make excuses for it, and continue to believe in it, even though it's not working.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15

Offline davehenry

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
    • View Profile
  • First Name: David
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 06:20:48 AM »
It is extreemly overwhelming spiritually and the amount of pride one feels over others is,looking back,extreemly embarrassing and grievous Chris.I look back and laugh at myself also for being so blind and sounding like a baby and animal altho not saved @ the time and have tried to share the gospel if i see old friends who i knew back then but once the word repentance is mentioned it's legalistic and religeous and you're shunned completly but sadly the arrogance and pride will soon vanish standing @ the great white throne judgment altho i believe a very small amount in there are saved but are deceived as the goats are being fed but the few sheep are being starved and now growing spiritually".

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 11:25:42 AM »
I guess it's because I don't often make accusations about pride; it's rare that I do. I've explained my reasoning for that to others before, but you're very correct in what you said. It's pride. I supposed the reason they stay is the same reason people won't believe me about things like the cure for cancer for example; they've believed something, and the pride of their hearts prevents them from accepting anything else other than what they've always known because they would have to humble themselves first. That's why they're keeping learning things, but they're never able to know the truth:
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
-2Ti 3:7

Offline hashed

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: yeb
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
I asked more than once for the "Holy Ghost Baptism" in a church building more than 20 years ago. I was being told that the "Holy Spirit Baptism" is evidenced by speaking in tongues. This did not work for me, I did not speak a single word or whatever.
It seemed to me that everyone else in that place had the "gift". It was very confusing.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 04:04:34 AM »
Same here. I was healed numerous times! But still remain with the same condition.
When I was not a Christian I searched heavily within the worldly solutions to find a cure for my incurable disease, lots of occult/satanic/evil witchcraft out tehre that claims to heal. The medical world did not have any solution or answers for me so I went to find 'healing' elsewhere and found a bunch of guru's, teachers, freaks, you name it. Ive tried almost everything to get well, but nothing 'cured' me. When I then got saved by the blood of Jesus I also went to find 'healing'within the churches and found so many! None of them worked, and what I learned saw and understood is that all of that 'healing', laying hands, falling in spirit is exactly what I have seen and experienced in the occult. It all the same.
And for people telling me I did not have enough faith to get healed,.... Praise the Lord I was gifted with enough discernment to know that that was not true at all and that the fault was not on my part.
God has been enormously merciful towards me, my uncurable condition has become kinda chronical and for it to be a deadly disease, and the diagnoses at age 21 was for me to live for maximum 2 years,.. I am 44!! And have 4 healthy children on top of it. So much for healing, I find Gods hand's keeping me and that is all. No gibberish, laying hands, anointing oil, bla bla bla. That is all for the experience of those others that like the rush and the idea they are so omnipotent to be healing just like Jesus. Yep, it's pride and you get addicted to it too.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 12:00:26 PM »
Even Paul had asked God to heal him too, but God said no. There were many people sitting at the Bethesda pool (John 5) who wanted to be healed, and God said no. I think the crux of the problem may lean on their interpretation of this verse:
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
-Mat 21:21-22

They think if they ask God for the power to heal any infirmity, then they automatically get it because they had faith. That's not the case. I talk more about those verses here:
https://ia800608.us.archive.org/7/items/bereansonline0188/bereansonline0188.mp3

Offline hashed

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: yeb
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 05:12:32 PM »
Do these verses apply to people living in this time and age?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father..
-John 14:12

Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.
-Acts 5:15

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
-Mark 16:17-18

And it came to pass, that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux: to whom Paul entered in, and prayed, and laid his hands on him, and healed him.
-Acts 8:28

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 05:59:33 PM »
I don't believe so, no. The reason is because these were a sign for the Jews, that the Lord God they had worshiped in their country for thousands of years (or at least feigned to do so amongst all their idolatry) had brought forth the Messiah, and that this is His Church.

Let's assume I'm wrong, and that there are some people who walk around like that, raising the dead and other such things. You won't see them with cars or houses or buildings of any kind because they were instructed to take nothing with them but a staff for walking. They won't accept money, and I highly doubt they would accept interviews with media sources. I haven't ever seen that happen, and I don't see any such instruction in the letters to the churches that they were all supposed to live in that way according to what was commanded of the apostles in the early church who were given special authority to carry out those signs for the Jews.

Offline Matt

• (LVL1) Novice
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Matt
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2017, 09:27:27 PM »
I've just recently been able to watch more videos and have been watching some of the Walter Martin debates.
Interesting how even in the 80's it appears he was unpopular for exposing false prophets like Kenneth Copeland.
Seemed like he had a lot of knowledge, but I haven't watched many. I do enjoy a debate. For me, controversy is
one of the best ways to learn.

In a video of Martin entitled - The Gifts of the Holy Spirit, he makes a point that the gifts of the Holy Spirit will not be done away with
until Christ comes back primarily using I Corinthians

I Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Chris I think you touched on this in your article, but I can't remember. Maybe concerning the need for an interpreter are becoming less and less do to
technology.

For my experience, the gibberish I've seen was done by people and churches who were breaking all the rules for speaking in tongues.
I found it interesting that Martin told a story of an interpretation made by someone speaking in tongues in a church he was visiting.
This video was entitles - A story for a skeptic

Enjoying your teaching on this subject Chris.