Author Topic: Strange doctrine  (Read 2656 times)

smolemong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 31
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Silindile
  • Belief: Christian
Strange doctrine
« on: July 29, 2019, 11:55:39 AM »
Lately, a number of my clients/patients have been openly discussing their beliefs with me. In the interests of professionalism I generally avoid personal discussions with my clients beyond the usual social niceties, unless they bring something up and even then I don't always engage.

I have been running across some really strange stuff though and I think today took the cake. The guy had a lot to say but the gist of his idea was that GOD created Lucifer (which I agree with) and then went on to say GOD created evil and he has darkness and evil in HIM because of how the Bible says he created all things (which I completely disagree with). He went on to say how there is light and darkness in the world and that this reveals the nature of GOD HIMSELF. To my shame and consternation the scriptures about sweet water and bitter water and especially this one:
 1Jo 1:5
Romans 8:5-6 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: Strange doctrine
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 12:41:53 PM »
1 John 1:5 KJV  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 12:44:47 PM »
Silindile, I think he believes in some form of yin and yang. A balance between light and darkness, pagan mysticism is almost everywhere in our culture.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 12:45:33 PM »
It sounds like your client has the typical false doctrine of "ying/yang", "as above so below", the "light" and "dark" sides of "The Force".
Nothing new.
Just attempting to apply pagan philosophy onto the Christian God of the Bible.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 12:55:17 PM »
They want to drag an eternal God and all of his angels down to their level while trying to drag all demons up to their level also. I have seen this a lot growing up, trying to add mankind's fault onto Angels and demons or God Himself.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Reed Scott

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 03:51:03 PM »
It's called dualism.  Common in mystical religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualism_(Indian_philosophy)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »
Lately, a number of my clients/patients have been openly discussing their beliefs with me. In the interests of professionalism I generally avoid personal discussions with my clients beyond the usual social niceties, unless they bring something up and even then I don't always engage.

I have been running across some really strange stuff though and I think today took the cake. The guy had a lot to say but the gist of his idea was that GOD created Lucifer (which I agree with) and then went on to say GOD created evil and he has darkness and evil in HIM because of how the Bible says he created all things (which I completely disagree with). He went on to say how there is light and darkness in the world and that this reveals the nature of GOD HIMSELF. To my shame and consternation the scriptures about sweet water and bitter water and especially this one:
1 John 1:5 KJV  This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

The choice of the word 'evil' in the conversation is possibly not a good one.  I had a discussion with a guy at the pool and he commented that God does 'evil' and I agreed with him 100% and told him he was on the right track.  The comment stopped him in his tracks too and I told him that if he reads the Bible he will read of all of the times God has done 'evil'.  Needless to say, but he didn't read any of the Bible to gain an understanding of the use of the word 'evil', but our usual use of the word differs from that which is Biblical.

Jeremiah 18 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel. 7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; 8 if that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. 9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it; 10 if it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

11 Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good. 12 And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.

Micah 2 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
Therefore thus saith the Lord;
Behold, against this family do I devise an evil,

from which ye shall not remove your necks;
neither shall ye go haughtily:
for this time is evil.

Your choice of the words 'light and darkness' in the discussion might be a better choice of words to give a more clear explanation and possibly give a more clear insight for the person of God's stance with wrong doers such as Israel were in the given parts of scripture.  The God haters already like the misuse of the word 'slavery' no matter how many times the Biblical use is explained to them.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jackie

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 08:57:47 PM »
Someone can feel free to correct me and teach me on this, but I had heard it put this way. Just as darkness is the absence of light, sin is the absence of righteousness. We all know that there is no sin in God though. I don't know how you'd convince someone that believes in a sort of yin and yang philosophy of this truth though.