Author Topic: NASA does it's due diligence...sort of...  (Read 3131 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
NASA does it's due diligence...sort of...
« on: July 15, 2019, 07:28:26 PM »
I saw today on the news that they have restored the Apollo 13 control room. I'm sure that took a lot of research and attention to detail to reconstruct this moment in time from almost half a century ago.

https://youtu.be/yjb4ctvVaSk

What a joke!
The actual telemetry tapes of the mission itself, the actual video evidence of the entire operation, was "over written so the tapes could be reused".

https://youtu.be/SC2Qj8HsMK8

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: NASA does it's due diligence...sort of...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 07:21:06 PM »
Of course they were! They didn't want anyone analysing them too closely to see how fake they were.

Funny to think how I carry around a device in my pocket (my iPhone) that has more computing power than that whole roomful of computers NASA had that 'sent man to the moon.'
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:23:50 PM by Jeanne »

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 01:05:41 AM »
Of course they were! They didn't want anyone analysing them too closely to see how fake they were.

Astronauts to the moon   .....  ha ha ha   (A short 9 second clip that fairly well sums it up)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urBWDCQWTTM
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 02:40:54 PM »
How much did this cost and where did they restore it?

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 08:53:53 PM »
It's the same room in the original location at the Johnson Space Center in Houston. I think they said it would cost something like $50M but I don't remember the number they used. I think most of the money came from private donations, though.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 09:56:57 PM »
It's the same room in the original location at the Johnson Space Center in Houston. I think they said it would cost something like $50M but I don't remember the number they used. I think most of the money came from private donations, though.

It is another example of a vain thing in the world (i.e. worthless) ....  if the first control room wasn't worth keeping in an OK state as an interesting historical item then what's the point in building another one as a replica. 

I see it only as a means of them trying to cover all of their previous lies in an attempt to cover their guilt and shame. 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 10:09:58 AM »
I just posted something about this earlier.  I was listening to a podcast about it.  Totally crazy to think they actually succeeded in this.  And to get this many people on board with the lie?  That is worse!  They will have to answer for those lies on judgement day and that makes me even more sad.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 08:50:00 PM »
I don't understand why there should be this big debate about whether it happened or not. It hasn't changed anything, so who cares? I don't believe it happened but it really doesn't seem any more relevant to everyday life than the argument over whether the earth is round or flat. The whole mess is just a distraction. Get people arguing over topics that make no difference one way or the other so they don't think about anything that really DOES matter.