Author Topic: Addictive Place to Share Teachings and Doctrine  (Read 5036 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Addictive Place to Share Teachings and Doctrine
« on: July 21, 2019, 09:54:42 AM »
Ever since reading about Paul's opportunity to preach in certain places that had open public discourse and those willing to hear, I always wished there was something like that we still had. Generally, everything is privatized, and for very good reason. However, I found that reddit has a couple of places for that, and I'll have to be careful about spending too much time there responding to the public because I'll lose track of time and my work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/ (This is a more general place where you can find all sorts of false cults and false converts who call themselves "Christians.")

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueChristian/ (This is more specific to "true" believers, or rather, protestants who also falsely claim to be of Christ in most instances.)

I spent this morning sharing Scripture and posting links to my teachings on false converts and repentance; wow, that can get addictive. It's basically the places of public discourse for the internet.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: Addictive Place to Share Teachings and Doctrine
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 02:54:23 PM »

I spent this morning sharing Scripture and posting links to my teachings on false converts and repentance; wow, that can get addictive. It's basically the places of public discourse for the internet.

It sounds like a good use of time to drop by there from time to time and spend a few minutes to leave some truth behind for folks to pick up later point in time. Maybe it would be good to take a minute and set a timer before you go into that site the interest of time management.
 ;D

Ephesians 5:16 KJV  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 03:03:15 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Reed Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 10:29:10 AM »
I look at the reddit page for r/TheDonald sometimes just to see what the wild sold out to Trump folks are saying and occasionally there is news you won't find anyplace else.  But I just could never register with that site.  There is so much evil on that site I worry my info could end up ' God knows where' if you know what I mean.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 11:41:29 AM »
The only info you have to give them when you sign up is an email address, and you can set up a separate one just for sites like this and other places you don't really want to hear from.

You don't even have to give your real name; just a username.

Reed Scott

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 07:17:17 PM »
The only info you have to give them when you sign up is an email address, and you can set up a separate one just for sites like this and other places you don't really want to hear from.

You don't even have to give your real name; just a username.

Thanks Jeanne.  You sure the devil won't get into my computer from there? ???

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 11:38:30 PM »
LOL! But there's no reason to look at any of the other boards if you don't want to. You have the option to 'join' the ones you want to participate in.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 01:28:52 AM »
I was having a quick look through and I saw this

Looking for some good Christian podcasts
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueChristian/comments/cfyxsz/looking_for_some_good_christian_podcasts/

I see creationliberty.com given by a reader as a site to visit

ShadowWolf719 wrote:
This isn't a podcast, but audio teachings are uploaded every week. The first half goes through the Bible verse by verse and the second half is a teaching from one of the author's articles published on his website.

http://creationliberty.com/audio.php

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 09:50:55 AM »
LOL! That was me, Kevin! Hahaha I wondered who upvoted me!

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 03:54:58 PM »
LOL! That was me, Kevin! Hahaha I wondered who upvoted me!

LOL.  I never would have picked it was you Jeanne, but if I was someone looking for content to listen to then I would have taken notice of that and checked it out and of course I would have found it to be an excellent source of correct doctrine along with humility.

I'm not signed up to Reddit yet so it must have been someone else who gave you the upvote. Very pleasing.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 05:01:05 PM »
I was signed up for reddit before.  But I hated how much time i spent on all of the social media platforms and deleted them all, and then switched to a flip phone! lol

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 11:08:52 AM »
Just to give an example, this is what I'm talking about:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueChristian/comments/cfxk2o/how_was_church/

I NEVER have people ask me "How was church this week" anymore because they hate what I do, but here, they're asking everybody! I haven't had a chance to answer that question in about almost two decades.

So I responded:

Ours was great. We learned about how James 2 teaches there are two types of faith; a fake faith and a true faith, and how most churchgoers are false converts that are not of Christ because they hold a fake faith that's all talk. You can listen to it here:
https://youtu.be/1cjUk9m-34E
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
-James 2:19

I should probably try to check that place once a day just to share the teachings. I'll probably get banned eventually, but I'll let that happen when it happens.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 05:37:25 AM »
I've been looking for ways to share your teachings there, too. One guy was talking about depression and a bunch of people were telling him to go see a doctor, so I shared your psychology book.

I just had a look at the moderators, though. One identifies as Lutheran and another Roman Catholic. So much for this being a group for 'True Christians'...

Reed Scott

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 09:10:53 AM »
I've been looking for ways to share your teachings there, too. One guy was talking about depression and a bunch of people were telling him to go see a doctor, so I shared your psychology book.

I just had a look at the moderators, though. One identifies as Lutheran and another Roman Catholic. So much for this being a group for 'True Christians'...

Yeah but ...

When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.   Mark 2:17

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »
I have to share another example: https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/chnkw4/21_prison_inmates_give_lives_to_christ_during/euvtsmq/?context=3
I just up-voted an atheist comment who accurately defended me against all the so-called "Christians" who hated what I wrote. In context, there was a post saying a bunch of prisoners got saved at a Hillsong event, and I pointed out that they never came to repentance because Hillsong does not teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Of course, I got a lot of railing accusation, and one of them was this:
"In the end , you are no different than us . You are still a sinner , yet you judged them. Only God knows the content of their hearts . Not you"

To which the following ATHEIST replied:
Um, you do realize the portion of the bible he quotes above says in which manner a believer may judge, there is no blanket command against all judgement in the bible. So basically, You judged someone based on a standard that isn't scriptural rather than the righteous judgement the bible clearly commands one to engage in.

Correct! And thus, I said:
How sad is it that this atheist has more understanding of the matter than one who claims he is a "Christian."
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. -2Co 2:15
Read: "Unbiblical Cop-outs: 'Don't Judge Me!'" -- http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/judge.php

That is how bad things are right now, that the atheist, who God has declared a fool that is completely unreasonable, can have more discernment than someone who claims he has the Spirit of God living inside of him. There is literally nothing else I can do so make people see the error of their ways, and so we can only pray that God will humble them to repentance before it's too late.

Reed Scott

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2019, 09:48:50 PM »
Chris said:That is how bad things are right now, that the atheist, who God has declared a fool that is completely unreasonable, can have more discernment than someone who claims he has the Spirit of God living inside of him. There is literally nothing else I can do so make people see the error of their ways, and so we can only pray that God will humble them to repentance before it's too late.

Yeah they are bad alright.  In terms of 'christian' ignorance.  But as Jesus said, " Let the dead bury the dead."

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2019, 08:22:45 AM »
Who died?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2019, 10:30:07 AM »
Btw, you guys were talking about having a "Christian" tag next to your name in the reddit threads, I'm not sure I would recommend going about doing that. In order to get that tag, you have to affirm the "Nicean Creed," and in that creed, if I remember correctly, there is not necessarily anything wrong with it that I initially discerned, but the problem is that it was developed during the formation of the Catholic Church and for that purpose, which is why it is a serious problem for me. That's why, on reddit, you have all these Adventists, Catholics, and Mormons all in agreement with each other in many instances. If you choose to go get that label, it will give you access to answer the "Christian Only," and if you do so with that intent, I'm not saying it's wrong to do (in fact, that might be a good thing, like how Paul yoked with the Nazarites to get into Jerusalem without a fuss), but I have personal conviction not to do it, so just decide what you believe is best in the eyes of God, and proceed with caution, okay?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 10:41:14 AM »
"Nicean Creed'

I believe in one God,

the Father almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,

of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,

the Only Begotten Son of God,

born of the Father before all ages.

God from God, Light from Light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;

through him all things were made.

For us men and for our salvation

he came down from heaven,

and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,

and became man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,

he suffered death and was buried,

and rose again on the third day

in accordance with the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory

to judge the living and the dead

and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from the Father and the Son,.

who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,

who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.

I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins

and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead

and the life of the world to come. Amen
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 04:24:50 PM »
The wording of the modern Nicene Creed is different from what is was when I was growing up in a Presbyterian church. I remember it being more 'King James' English:

I believe in one God,
the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
and of all things visible and invisible;

And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
begotten of his Father before all worlds,
God of God, Light of Light,
very God of very God,
begotten, not made,
being of one substance with the Father;
by whom all things were made;
who for us men and for our salvation
came down from heaven,
and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary,
and was made man;
and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered and was buried;
and the third day he rose again according to the Scriptures,
and ascended into heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
and he shall come again, with glory,
to judge both the quick and the dead;
whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Ghost the Lord, the Giver of Life,
who proceedeth from the Father and the Son;
who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped
  and glorified;
who spake by the Prophets.
And I believe one holy Catholic and Apostolic Church;
I acknowledge one Baptism for the remission of sins;
and I look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen

I don't remember the capital 'C' and 'A' in Catholic and Apostolic, but that was like 45-50 years ago.