Author Topic: Discerning Scoffers Before They Make An Argument  (Read 10081 times)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Discerning Scoffers Before They Make An Argument
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2019, 07:24:24 PM »
Well I really do not think this guy ever did went threw and read the repentance article. He may have skim threw it. If he did read it he would of seen how a dead man come to repentance. God gives man repentance. The article clearly says it. But he will not liston no matter what any one say. Plus blocking him was best for jesus said don't give your pearls before swine.

His reply to this post was so long. He could of make it half as long if he did not repeat himself so many times. 

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 07:33:34 PM »
No. Just because someone reads the teaching, reading the Scripture for understanding, does not mean their understanding will be opened. God only gives grace to the humble, not to the proud. Daniel lifted himself up in his pride, so he won't be able to understand it.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 08:23:42 PM »
No. Just because someone reads the teaching, reading the Scripture for understanding, does not mean their understanding will be opened. God only gives grace to the humble, not to the proud. Daniel lifted himself up in his pride, so he won't be able to understand it.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14

Agreed.

People who love their false doctrine don't read scripture, (or anything else for that matter) for understanding. They are searching for their pet false doctrines in the text. If they don't see it (which is more often than not) they impose false doctrine by (in their minds) bringing in other scriptures (that are out of context), quotes from their favorite preachers and/or definitions from Greek or Hebrew dictionaries.

Scripture is not their final authority.
Their belief system reins supreme in their minds.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 08:26:34 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2019, 09:35:22 PM »
Well I just banned him right as he posted that. With his attitude he is not going to listen to anything we say. Sorry if I pulled the trigger too early.
No, it's okay, I trust your discernment. I tend to give people too many chances anyway because I don't trust myself and I want as much evidence as possible so I can be certain. We all already knew what the outcome would have been. I hope you IP banned him too because he didn't come here to fellowship with anyone, and he lied about it.

Yeah, I banned his IP too so he shouldn't be coming back. I tend to think I'm too quick to make the call, but I did really want to give him a chance to hear rebuke. It's just that, like Kenneth pointed out, he didn't come here to ask questions or discuss anything. Just to cast doubt. And as you just pointed out, he came here in his pride. If he came here for that purpose and with that haughty attitude, he won't listen and it would be a waste of energy to try to get him to listen.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 12:27:28 AM »
He started to spam my inbox after that too, so it just shows his heart. I had to block his email address too.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18