Author Topic: (ARTICLE) The Christian Work Ethic (Rewritten 2019)  (Read 3149 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(ARTICLE) The Christian Work Ethic (Rewritten 2019)
« on: July 09, 2019, 03:01:44 PM »
The Christian Work Ethic
This article has been completely rewritten, and it's FAR superior to the old one I used to have on the site. I think the last teaching was really pathetic compared to this. I am thankful that God has been merciful to me and shown me a much deeper understanding than I had of this matter years ago.

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: (ARTICLE) The Christian Work Ethic (Rewritten 2019)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 04:40:25 PM »
I'm here to tell you, IF I were ever involved the interior decoration of a church building, Chris, your demotivational posters would be prominent in every classroom.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 04:45:26 PM »
I'll let our church know that, because, in the future, we may start meeting together again in someone's house for the teachings each week. Maybe we can do that.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 06:59:10 PM »
Chris, I thank Christ for allowing me to find all of you and to learn about everything on your entire website. I do have one critique though:
I have personally known a man who is a paraplegic (i.e. a man with no arms)
Paraplegic refers to people who have impairment of motor function in their lower body (i.e. legs), the woman you talked about did have paraplegia. Does this make sense?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:06:48 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 07:49:22 PM »
No, the problem is that I got two people confused. The man I was remembering, his name's Mike, and he lives in Ohio. It's impairment of his legs, not arms, and I meant that his van was redesigned to work only with his hands. I'm an idiot. I forgot. I'll fix that immediately, thanks.

We went out to dinner with him a few years back, and I remember that it had a seat that was hooked up to a motor that would roll back to the back of the van, so he could roll up into the seat from the side of the van, then it would move back forward, and he adjusted the gas pedal from a device with levers in which he could change the speed.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 07:54:56 PM by creationliberty »

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 08:29:05 PM »
I'm sorry, Chris, if I sounded nitpicky. I should be the one who is guilty of being confused, considering how many things I goof up on a daily basis.
However, it would be interesting to see a man with no arms drive a vehicle.  :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 08:36:03 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?