Author Topic: I have decided to leave  (Read 4463 times)

Joop

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
  • Belief: Other
I have decided to leave
« on: July 01, 2019, 07:43:03 AM »
Dear all,

I have decided to leave CLE
I am not giving here my motivation as to why I have decided that.
Instead I refer you to my last posts and comments on this forum.

Communication is proven to be hard. I am now judging myself.
Obviously I did not succeed to give proper answers and comments.

I am not sure what else to write
Therefore I stop right now.
God bless you all
Joop

Joop

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
Re: I have decided to leave
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 07:50:05 AM »
Dear Chris,

As you may have read above, I now request you to remove me as a member.
I want to thank you for all the teachings. And, honestly, I have learned a lot here!

I have been blessed by you, Chris, and the many teachings (articles and videos)
I have learned lessons, I won't forget. For that, thanks again.

God bless,
Joop

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 11:24:05 AM »
If there is anything I have said that any of you think was too harsh I want to open myself to correction.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 11:32:32 AM »
I'm glad Joop has left, and I want to make sure that anyone who is reading this understands why. There's something about him that's bothered me for a long time, but I kept my mouth shut because I wanted to exercise patience. (Especially with those who are my elders--Joop is in his 60s.)

First of all, he left because of the following, which he didn't bother to provide a link to so others could see: http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=732.0
This is a post in which Joop had made a false accusation against me, refused to back up his argument, and then when he was rebuked with Scripture (a very thorough and well-done post made by Tim that's worth reading), he ignored the Scripture, made a false claim (i.e. an argument we did not make), pleaded to "agree to disagree" about Biblical doctrine (i.e. lukewarm riding the fence -Rev 3:16), then came here and declared he was leaving. That's called deceit, and hiding it behind some flattering words does not mean God will not hold him accountable.
They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
-Psa 12:2
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Mat 12:36

There have been some very strange things about Joop since he joined. First of all, if you go back to his original introduction post, there is nothing testifying about guilt, sin, and salvation of Christ.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=232.msg1427#msg1427
He simply claimed that he left the Catholic Church and then later left the Pentacostal church buildings, both of which are filled with false teachers and unsaved people, and then just acts like he's always been of Christ. Read it for yourself. There was never any repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow) of wrongdoing. You can learn more about that here:
Is Repentance Part of Salvation?

Later, he goes on to say that there were some "really good born-again Christians there" among the Pentecostals with all their Satanic gibberish.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=232.msg1433#msg1433
The reason I believe Joop says this is because he does not understand the doctrines of repentance and false converts. He says he was in the Pentecostal church buildings for 30 years (after being in the Catholic Church for 20 years), so that's really strange that he claimed to have the Holy Spirit of God in him, but it took him 30 years to figure out there was a problem? Folks, the false doctrines they teach in those places are fairly basic, and I could understand someone being among them for a time before they are convicted to come out, but 30 years? That's a long time to be blind for someone who claims to have the Holy Spirit of God living in them.

In other posts, you'll see where he will define something wrong, and then when his error is pointed out, he doesn't correct himself.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=286.msg1920#msg1920
It always seemed to me what he was doing was looking to inject his opinion, and then just have people accept it without discussion.

Furthermore, I'll just make a general statement that, if you look over his past posts, you'll see that he almost never quotes or talks about Bible verses and doctrine. He almost always starts off his sentences with "I love this" "I studied this" "I think" "I believe" -- he's not stating doctrine or facts for the most; it's just his personal opinions. I never could figure out what bothered me so much about him until I've gone back through his old posts.

The most hypocritical thing about Joop is this post he made:
If I need some rebuke, I rather would have it plain, and explained.
Open rebuke is better than secret love. Proverbs 27:5
Or, as I may put it: there is nothing wrong with open rebuke.

Yet, when he was rebuked openly, he left. Hmm.
Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.
-Pro 15:10

Okay! Here it is. Now I have the information I need to state that I was correct: Joop did NOT read and/or listen to the teaching I did on Trinity vs God in Three Persons. This subject matter is the reason for his leaving, which he did not elect to say here. (i.e. He chose to hide it instead of be open and straight-forward.)
Here is his post if you want to read it:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=533.msg4191#msg4191
That was back in February, and I had already done the teaching on the matter, but Joop didn't bother to read or listen to it, which is okay (it's not like everyone is required to read or listen to what I teach; that's not my point), but when I asked him before he left if he had read/listened to that teaching on the Trinity, he didn't respond to my question. Now I know why. So in short, Joop does NOT know what I teach on the subject, but thought he had enough understanding to rebuke what I teach, even though he doesn't know what I teach, and when he was faced with the Scripture, he ran.
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
-Pro 18:13

Now I know why Joop's posts have irritated me for so long. There is no repentance in any of his words or his testimony, he's a hypocrite, and a when it comes down to it, he's also a coward who runs from the Scripture when he's faced with it. I am disinclined to believe he's a Christian; or at least, he's not shown me the evidence of it. I'm not deleting his account because he's already gone, so we'll just leave it as it is so others can look up his previous posts for themselves if they want to see the evidence of these things. However, I did go to his profile and change his belief from "Christian" to "Other" because I don't know what he actually believes.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 05:02:44 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 11:36:21 AM »
If there is anything I have said that any of you think was too harsh I want to open myself to correction.
I understand your honest heart on the matter Tim, but if he came back to comment after leaving, it would only make him a liar because he stated that he already decided to leave. Although, I already think he's lying (i.e. with flattering lips) because he didn't learn much of anything on this forum as he claims; when he was corrected, he either remained silent, or (as of now) he left. His past posts provide evidence to that. Tim, you and I have both corrected each other, and others in our church have seen that too, so the evidence stands before God, and we can move on in good conscience that we are operating in faith to our Lord Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 02:04:48 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 11:50:42 AM »
Im thankful to God that you see any honesty in me and that is only because of what Jesus Christ has taught me to be. I would have done the same as Joop a long time ago if it were not for Christ.

Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation here so everyone can see what Joop was trying to hide.

Ruth

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »
I have to apologise - I was the one who brought up modalism on that post in the first place, because I was specualting about what Wynard said in his post after he'd left.

This is the thread:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=533.msg4191#msg4191

I read the other post; maybe the issue was with the word 'distinct'?

From Noah Webster's 1828 dictionary:

Distinct

DISTINCT, adjective [Latin See Distinguish.]

1. Literally, having the difference marked; separated by a visible sign, or by a note or mark; as a place distinct by name.

2. Different; separate; not the same in number or kind; as, he holds tow distinct offices; he is known by distinct titles.

3. Separate in place; not conjunct; as, the two regiments marched together, but had distinct encampments.

4. So separated as not to be confounded with any other thing; clear; not confused. To reason correctly we must have distinct ideas. We have a distinct or indistinct view of a prospect.

5. Spotted; variegated.

Tempestuous fell his arrows from the fourfold-visagd four, distinct with eyes.

DISTINCT, verb transitive To distinguish. [Not in use.]

I understand Joop has left, but in case you're reading posts without logging in Joop, I'm sorry if I in any way confused you with my post.  I do believe the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are each persons in the Godhead, but they are not separate entities, otherwise they would no longer be one with each other.

I'm really sorry if I've caused anyone confusion with what I've written.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 01:59:57 PM »
I understand Joop has left, but in case you're reading posts without logging in Joop, I'm sorry if I in any way confused you with my post.  I do believe the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are each persons in the Godhead, but they are not separate entities, otherwise they would no longer be one with each other.
Well, first of all, there is nothing to apologize for; you didn't keep Joop from repentance, nor did you make him do foolish things. You're not responsible for what he says and does.

Second, I think a lot of folks should go back and re-listen to the teaching I did on the Trinity. The Bible teaches that God is one God, and Three Persons, at the same time. The Father, Son, and Spirit are three separate entities, being individual persons, but are also one God at the same time. BOTH are true; we don't have to select one or the other. We ought not to limit God to one or the other simply because our understanding of Him is limited.

Ruth

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 02:24:52 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Chris.

I think I will have to go over this teaching again. You're right; Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three persons but one with each other at the same time.

When I said separate entities in the last post I meant as in three completely separate beings/gods - I didn't really explain that very well.
I find this one of the hardest things to put into words when speaking with others.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 02:26:24 PM »
Yeah, I agree with you on that. To say that they are three separate beings alone would be the pagan witchcraft concept of the Trinity; which is the "triple-goddess" idea that the Catholic Church adopted and fused into their false doctrine. I understand more now what you meant.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 04:16:54 PM »

In my opinion you dealt with it very well Tim.  Same for Chris and Jeanne too.

It is good that you brought up the topic Ruth because that is what brought about the discussion that eventually showed Joop's underlying true nature.  Sooner or later someone's false conversion or failings will come to the forefront and it's better to be sooner rather than later. 

A correct understanding of scripture is something to embrace and not something to run away from.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 05:00:39 PM »
Chris, I am glad you decided to leave Joop's account intact but change his belief to other. I do think you should remove him from the Born Again Christians section of the forum, though, because that is the first thing people see under his name.

At first, I thought it was rather strange that he left the way he did until you pointed out everything he has said in the past and his lack of repentance.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 06:30:22 PM »
I guess it shows us that a man's testament do not always mean he is a brethren. But again he could be just having a bad day when his eyes are open to the truth