Author Topic: (ARTICLE) Wolves in Costume: Steven Anderson  (Read 8959 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(ARTICLE) Wolves in Costume: Steven Anderson
« on: March 14, 2018, 12:47:04 PM »
People like Billy Graham are easy discernment, meaning that even novice Christians are able to see that he's a wolf. Where the rubber meets the road is with wolves like Steven Anderson, and you'll have to turn your discernment dials up to 10 for this one. I know it's a long read, and I thank in advance any of you who take the time to sit down and read it because this took me months of work to finish. I would just pray that someone may be saved, or at least sanctified, from the information in this.
http://creationliberty.com/articles/wolf-sanderson.php
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: (ARTICLE) Wolves in Costume: Steven Anderson
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 12:50:59 AM »
I'm currently about halfway through the article. I only watched a couple of the videos because I really can't stand listening to this guy. I feel for you, Chris, having to listen to this garbage in order to get the article written and I can definitely see why the Wolves in Costume series is so hard on you.

I also appreciate you transcribing what is said on the videos so the rest of us can be spared. I've seen some clips of him before and there's no way I would be able to sit through an entire sermon by him without wanting to throw something.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
https://youtu.be/-rWtw0LLRFw
I did an update on "Wolves in Costume: Steven Anderson" today because I found this audio clip and uploaded it this afternoon. Here's the updated portion:
------------------------------
------------------------------
ANDERSON: "What I don't understand sometimes, is how sometimes, people don't figure this out. It's like, I feel like Jesus said to Philip, 'Have you been so long with me and you do not know me?' You remember when he said that? It's like, have you been at Faithful Word Baptist Church for so long and you haven't figured out that my name is not Steve?! It's 'Pastor Anderson!' Have you not figured that out?... It's not 'Hey Steve! Hey Stevie! Hey buddy old pal!' And you know, it's time for some people to give honor unto whom honor is due, and the pastor of the church not just a little buddy who comes in here in shorts and t-shirt!"

Before I address the Scripture, I want to point out, once again, Steven Anderson's railing and hateful attitude. He's saying, "have you not figured that out," which is really saying, "If you call me 'Steve', then you're an idiot!"

The first part of Scripture Anderson's referring to is from John 14:
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
-John 14:9

Anderson either needs to admit his complete ignorance and hypocrisy when using that verse in this context, or he's actually comparing himself to God. Jesus was questioning Philip because of what Philip requested in the previous verse:
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
-John 14:8

Anderson ought to fear God more because he used this verse far out of its context to try and justify his wicked doctrine. Anderson wants everyone to respect his person in sin, and tried to use Philip not recognizing God in Christ (John 10:30) as a metaphor for himself, and that people should lift him up with a fancy prestigious title. (This should be no surprise because I've seen countless pastors do the same thing.)

Certainly, those who labor in the word are worthy of double honor (1Ti 5:17), but not to the point we start acting like the world to hand out fancy titles. We also never want to honor someone to the point that we respect their person in sin; for example, when Anderson points out his fancy-looking suit, rather than a t-shirt:
My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: Are ye not then partial [i.e. biased] in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?... If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
-James 2:1-10

In fact, the New Testament church never used titles. The typical church buildings today walk around calling one another "Pastor Anderson," "Brother Jackson," "Sister Miller," "Elder Baker," etc, but the church did not use such titles in the New Testament; for example, Paul was called to be an apostle, as he states in Romans 1:1, but he was never called "Apostle Paul" with a title.
(Read "Titles Are Unbiblical in the Church" here at creationliberty.com for more details.)

The second part of Scripture Anderson's referring to is from Romans 13:
Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
-Romans 13:7

Romans 13 is the chapter about governing rulers (e.g. judges, kings, presidents, etc); not about pastors. However, it makes sense that Anderson would use this out of context since he rules over his cult like a king.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
-Philippians 2:3

Whereas the Bible tells us a Christian ought to consider himself to be low, unworthy of honor; Steven Anderson believes the opposite. Anderson, being blinded by the pride of his heart and tradition, thinks he's should have a title of worship.
worship (n): a title of honor, used in addresses to certain magistrates and other of respectable character
(See 'worship', American Dictionary of the English Language, Noah Webster, 1828, retrieved Mar 27, 2018,[webstersdictionary1828.com])

Though Anderson will get up and preach that men should worship God only (Mat 4:10), this is not how he acts. That's why Christ warned us that, though men in authoritative positions, like that of a pastor, may speak from the Word of God, that we should not follow after them because they are hypocrites that preach one thing and do another.
All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
-Matthew 23:3
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 03:28:09 PM »
That was an excellent read Jeanne.  It can often appear that others are doing so much better but I can assure you that typically we all struggle with things and have things to sort out on a regular basis    ......  at least now I know that I'm not alone  ;D

Listening to that audio clip is exactly what I was referring to when I wrote this comment.  Sometimes (usually actually) I despair about trying to get people to see things as they really are and cut through all of the nonsense out there.  The fake "Christians" and the fake "churches" cause such serious damage.  The personal loss to me through false teachers and those who give totally un-Biblical patsy answers to the issues of sinfulness has been tremendous.

It is so good to be around like minded people here.  At the moment I still can't log in to the forum from home for some reason so all I can do is turn up very early for work to join in.  A minor frustration compared to all of the other stuff.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 12:51:23 AM »
I used to listen to a ton of Steven Anderson, but would get confused because of his disgusting behavior and lack of remorse or willingness to admit he was wrong in certain things. What turned me away from him completely is his doctrine on Jesus Christ suffering in hell for our sins (something Joyce Meyer also preached) and also how he saw nothing wrong with the pagan "holidays" of Christmas and Easter. He is a huge hypocrite who loves the admiration he gets from his followers.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 06:47:49 AM »
Wow, the sheer arrogance of this guy never ceases to astound me. I wonder if he had to enlarge all the doors of his 'church' just to fit his head through...

Suelong88

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 09:18:26 AM »
I've seen a couple of these clips before and I really don't have any desire to see any more.  It makes me so angry just reading this article.  What a charlatan. 

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »
I didn't make all this necessarily for someone like you who quickly sanctifies herself from wicked men (which is the right thing to do for Christ), but rather, I made it because I'm grieved for those who have been blinded by this man; that they would understand the truth about repentance and come out from among the cultists into the light of Christ.

Suelong88

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 11:46:37 AM »
Right Chris.  I have friends that sometimes reference things he's said.  Or maybe it was Steven Furtick.  I tend to lump them all together.  I'll start posting links to your articles in rebuttal.

Masha

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 04:22:05 AM »
I think it is a very good thing to expose him, he is leading many astray.
    Mat 18:6, But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Yet, it didnt take me long to figure him out myself, it seem to be very Obvious. I don't need to defile myself with his garbage, so I didnt read the whole article. What is great is that, indeed, I can just send people a link to the article when they are deceived. It is simply to much time to know all these false teachers and what their deception is. There are so many!! I appreciate Christopher doing all this work for me:-) and for all of us!! Praise the Lord for giving him the strength, time and discernment!

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 11:56:48 PM »
Steven Anderson's pride is becoming louder and louder with each sermon he "preaches". He might even be a Jesuit spy that is being used to cause to bring about laws against actual, Biblical rebuking.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 04:42:25 AM »
That is an interesting possibility. There's no way to know that for sure, of course, though.

Masha

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 12:02:45 PM »
Steve Anderson, Jesuits, they all have the same father. The same spirit that leads them.

Eph 6:, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joh 8:44, Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own:1 for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 11:10:35 PM »
Very true. Only the LORD God truly knows those who are His. Thank you Jeanne and Masha for your replies. God bless you two and may Jesus Christ be with you all to protect you from the dragging vexation caused by the coming weekend of pagan-witchcraft observance.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2018, 02:11:07 AM »
Other than the noisy party that's been going on across the street all day, I really haven't had to pay too much attention to what's been going on in the outside world. I don't own a television, don't listen to radio and pretty much just stay home and mind my own business. Only slight inconvenience is my neighbour is leaving today to visit her mum for a week which means I have to look after her dog.

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 12:30:02 AM »
Is it a fun pup at the very least? :)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2018, 02:46:33 AM »
Oh, yes! All he wants to do is run and play! I've never been able to wear him out yet but he wears me out all the time. Border collie/kelpie mix. He'd be a good cattle dog.

Severius Brandusa

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 01:45:41 AM »
Haha sounds like this post turned from being about wolves to being about dogs :)