Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) The Christian Work Ethic (2019) p1  (Read 5307 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 446
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) The Christian Work Ethic (2019) p1
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 08:26:15 PM »
Chris, I praise the Lord for the hard work that he has enabled you to accomplish so far for the kingdom.
I find myself on Monday afternoons looking forward to the email and the YouTube notification of the new teaching.  (No pressure.  ;)  )
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 09:09:44 PM »
I feel the same way Kenneth.  Every week I patiently wait for the next part or new lesson to come out.  Between that time I listen to other teachings, especially the ones that I have on my phone; Atheism Everything You Need to Know, Can Women Be Pastors, Christmas Rejection of Jesus, King James Bible, Podcast, Prayer, Repentance, and finally the Speaking in Tongues.  Speaking of which, I had yet another "discussion" with my parents about Speaking in Tongues.  My mom got to the point where she got in my face and said that she's been studying the Bible for 50 years and that she wasn't wrong.  I told her that that was a respecter of persons and that I wasn't going to take that from her.  I've asked them if they had looked at Chris' Speaking in Tongues serious all the way through.  They wouldn't say and all they would say is that they know where Chris stands on it.  Apparently to them I've been brainwashed by Chris.  Also, when my dad said he had studied speaking in tongues I asked him if he used outside resources other than the Bible to come up with his study.  He didn't deny that he did, just simply said that he did what I did and looked at the Bible.  In which I pressed the matter and asked again if he used outside resources.  He wouldn't say.  And every time I asked them to define what a tongue was they always used the excuse that I would interrupt them, even after I said I would keep my mouth shut until they were done.  They also said that I corrupted my twin brother in that he had a "good" "gift" from God that I had wrecked.  I told them to ask Curtis about his testimony on it but they would throw in my face that he was deceived.  I'm just glad Curtis doesn't think so, I'm glad God through with Curtis on what he did was wrong and humbled himself.  Sorry that was way off topic.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 446
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 10:11:44 PM »
You're all correct. The reason you read it, and they read it, and came to different conclusions is... why? You both cannot be correct. Someone is wrong. Therefore, one of you is reading the Bible with the Holy Spirit to open your understanding, and one of you is reading it without the Holy Spirit with their understanding closed. Therefore, their understanding is not opened through great debate and oration from you, but through the Holy Spirit of God, which also means that repentance is the real issue you need to debate with them, not speaking in tongues. They will never understand their error until they are humbled to repentance.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 12:39:56 AM »
It's very hard for a pastor who is still getting his paycheque from a church building full of people who love and respect him to come to repentance, and he most likely got his ideas about the Holy Spirit from whatever Bible/cemetery college he went to.

It's not impossible, though, as I believe Charles is the one here who is a former pastor himself. He's living proof that a pastor can, by the grace of God, come to a knowledge of the truth. I'd like to hear more of how that happened sometime.

However, Jesus said:

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Caleb's dad obviously still has a pride issue though, too, since he refuses to even consider the possibility that he might be wrong.

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 02:00:29 AM »
Chris, I left some parts out as to not make that post too long but I guess since I brought it up and you replied I'll say more.  My mom and dad kept referring to their truth and my truth.  I told them that there is only one truth, the Bible.  There is only one interpretation, not many.  I pressed toward them that there can't be multiple truths.  My mom also asked if I thought that they were going to hell because of what they believe when it comes to speaking in tongues.  This was after I asked her if she knew what I believed and she said that I think it's satanic gibberish, in which I did smirk at because that is what I think in some cases.  After she asked me if they were going to hell I told her that if you have grief and godly sorrow then no, you're not going to hell.  After I asked her another simple question.  If God can talk to Moses in a language that Moses can understand through the burning bush then why does God need to speak a different language that no one can understand through you in your church?  That shut her up the rest of the time.  Guys, I pray that God will work on my parents to get rid of their prideful hearts that's blinding them.  Fifty years of pentecostal, Kenneth Copland, Joyce Myers, Dale Begley, John Hagee, Keith Moore, and many others' brainwashing has taking over their minds and only God can change their hearts.  I also pray to God that they do repent.  I have told them several times what repentance means and they keep saying it means to turn or change.  I told them that conversion is not the same thing as repentance but that doesn't stop them to think that those two words mean the same.  I have gotten into that debate with my dad a proved to him that it doesn't mean to turn or change just by using his lexicon up against the Bible itself.  He couldn't deny it at that time.  But yet, the other night he was back to believing exactly what I showed him was wrong.  Probably because of mom.  I told them that I wanted all of us to sit down and reason these differences out that we are having but it never ends well and no one else seems to know what reason is.  All I can do is ask God to allow me to be humble and give me guidance, wisdom, and understanding every time I get the chance to rebuke them.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 02:14:17 AM »
Jeanne,

I did tell them that when I pointed out their pride.  I asked them, is your heart so full of pride that you can't see what's wrong.  In which they replied asking about my pride.  I told them that I pray to God to rid me of my pride because I don't want God to resist me, I want God to give me grace because I'm humble.  So I told them that God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.  But, you are quite right about my dad.  My parents have it in their head that their son can't possibly know more about scripture than themselves, which is way mom brought up her fifty years "experience" of the Bible.  I don't however know more scripture than them, but one things for sure and that's that I have more understanding than them.  It doesn't matter how many versus' a person knows, it's their understanding of those versus that gives them wisdom.  I pray that I don't end up like that due to my knowledge and my understanding of the Bible when I get that age.  I guess that's why we all need to continue in prayer about being humble and not prideful.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 03:11:10 AM »
I have told them several times what repentance means and they keep saying it means to turn or change.

Jeremiah 4:28 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Ooops, your Dad's argument just fell to pieces.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 08:18:54 PM »
Just out of curiosity, Caleb, what Bible version do your Dad and his church use? I know the Assembly of God church I went to in Texas used a bunch of them, mainly the NLT, I think. I don't know of too many Pentecostal churches that use the KJV.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 09:13:24 PM »
Jeanne,

My dad uses the KJV, my mom used to use the NIV, not sure what she uses now.  As for their church, it's all over the place.  They don't claim to be a pentecostal church but they sure do act like one.  They claim to be non-denominational but my oldest brother thought that they were a pentecostal church.  Go figure.  I had to tell him that the church wasn't, which is sad.  I have rebuked them on using other versions because of the contradictions.  But what's really sad is that my oldest brother and dad don't agree with me but yet use the KJV.  I have one illogical family to deal with.  Curtis and I have accepted our fate with the family due to Jesus saying:  Matthew 10:34-35;  "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law," and Luke 12:51-53;  "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:  For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.  The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."  All because they can't see the true doctrines of God's word.  But, it doesn't hurt to keep trying because I still love them and that's the best love I can give them.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 01:13:49 AM »
Pentecostal and Assemblies of God are two denominations that are charismatic. I think that's the term your brother might have been looking for. As for all those false preachers they listen to such as Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer, et al., they're just plain satanic.

Suelong88

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 11:09:59 AM »
Most of the "non-denominational" churches I've been to have all been Assemblies of God.  Which believe in the satanic gibberish they call speaking in tongues.  "Bible" churches are generally derived from the Baptist churches, but once they go rogue, who really knows.