Author Topic: Anderson's Hypocrisy Once Again  (Read 3661 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Anderson's Hypocrisy Once Again
« on: July 11, 2019, 10:17:36 AM »
This popped up in one of my searches today.
https://youtu.be/5tHqqoum0_g
It's interesting that, in other teachings we have seen, Anderson screams "BELIEVE BELIEVE BELIEVE!" because he emphasizes that all a man needs to do is believe on Christ to be saved. I covered those in my expose on Anderson. And yet, he believe Billy Graham went to hell. Hmm.

The video is short, it's only two minutes, but in the middle of it, he points out things that I've pointed out in my teaching on Billy Graham, namely, that Graham was trying to please all religions. But he believed on Jesus. Therefore, Anderson teaches works doctrine because now, according to his own doctrine, he believes that belief is not enough.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Reed Scott

Re: Anderson's Hypocrisy Once Again
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 11:28:07 AM »
I'm subscribed to sanderson1611 just so I can lackadaisically keep tabs on him.  I watch maybe 2% of his videos and only the short cuts as I can't stand listening to him for more than a couple of minutes.  He is just another ranting cult leader like the thousands of others who have come and gone.  The few in his church who actually love Jesus will eventually fall away from Anderson. 

I do think belief and repentance go hand in hand.  When I finally came to the end of my rotten self I became drenched in repentance and because of my wrong definition of repentance I couldn't even call it that.  I just knew I had deep grief and sadness over my sinful past and the present day fleshly urgings I still had.  Things like flaring up with anger if someone rubbed me the wrong way when I was in a bad mood.  Or my inclination to judge others unrighteously even though I was often just as bad. The aspect of myself I struggle with the most is my laziness and introversion.  This one becomes very hard to deal with when you are as old as I am. 

Off topic but I might as well put this here:  The great shortfall amongst the church buildings and their churchianity people is taking Jesus for granted.  Chris put it well somewhere in one of his teachings.  People think 'free grace' is like Jesus standing in the super market handing out samples.  Anyone can freely take.  While that's true they deny that there are conditions.  They fully deny that there are any conditions.  The conditions are not works.  They can become works in the flesh ... but they are conditions of the heart.  When we love ... truly ... we do not take on a burden.  Our heart springs to do His bidding.  His Spirit empowers us to do whatever He has for us to do. 

I've always identified with Peter and also Jacob.  Jacob was a heel catcher.  Peter was an over zealous 'do it yourselfer'.  But over time they became 'he who has been forgiven much loves much'.  I think Paul was of the same breed.  He hated so much what he had done prior to his conversion.  He hated the sinful tendencies he knew he still had.  It was his all consuming love for the Lord who had forgiven him that drove him on. 

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:56:02 AM »
Yeah, that's why I only posted a 2-min video. I can't stand listening to Steven Anderson any longer than I can stand listening to Barack Obama.

You're right in what you're saying, but the point I was making was that, if we are to, as Anderson screams, "BELIEVE BELIEVE BELIEVE!" only, that is, to just believe that Jesus died for our sin and rose from the dead, then why would we not say that every Pope who has ever lived has gone to heaven? Why would we not say that Graham went to heaven too?

This is what confused me for so many years. It wasn't until God showed me mercy and unlocked my understanding of the Scripture to see what repentance was all about and what it really means.

In fact, when I talk about unlocking understand; it's very fascinating where that is found in the New Testament. That's in Luke 24, and watch how the Scripture reads:

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
-Luke 24:44-47

Amazing, isn't it? I just keep finding more stuff like this in Scripture all the time, even since I came to full understanding of repentance.

How many people who call themselves "Christians" have read this and walked right by it without any understanding of what that means? There are no special words I can say which will unlock their understanding of it because I do not have that power. Only the Holy Spirit of God has that power. I don't rebuke Anderson necessarily for Anderson's sake, though it is in part, but rather, I do it more those others who will hear, and some in passing may hear my preaching and, God working through them, they might come to repentance.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 10:49:56 PM »
I'm very glad you did that expose on Anderson because he does get it right sometimes and for those who just hear those little bits that do have sound teaching might actually be fooled into thinking he really is of Christ when he's not.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 10:52:12 PM »
But he didn't get those things right by his own understanding; he got it from other teachers, who got it from other teachers who were actually born again. He's just repeating what he was taught, it's not like he actually understands those things.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 01:49:33 AM »
But he didn't get those things right by his own understanding; he got it from other teachers, who got it from other teachers who were actually born again. He's just repeating what he was taught, it's not like he actually understands those things.

As came out here too in the quote listed below, that having an understanding causes the information to dovetail correctly with the rest of scripture and there are no glaring inconsistencies.  That is the main issue that struck me when I became a Christian and was attending "churches" here in Dunedin that they were all over the place with regards to doctrines and they clearly understood next to nothing.

Mind you, I've got myself in to bothers here in the forum in the past by reading too fast and writing too fast and agreeing with things false people have written and that I would never normally agree with. 

It was interesting hearing in the teaching about parents and how they can quite rightly comment that they are pleased with their children but shouldn't tell them they are proud of them.  I hope I didn't miss it in the teaching if it was there, but that exact situation is in scripture.
Matthew 3 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 and lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Actually, I didn't even think about that. It's a good point, but what I said was obviously a reflection of the understanding of the Holy Spirit, because even though I didn't consider that verse, I still taught according to it, and that's encouraging to me.

I have to chuck this in for the entertainment of others.  That first church I was a part of here in Dunedin for about a couple of weeks, the "pastor" taught in his "sermon" that in times of trouble you can always call on angels to help you.  Talking with others afterwards I commented that surely that was incorrect and you can only call on Jesus Christ and if God wished to use an angel that would be His decision.  The others I was talking to ridiculed me because in their eyes I was a new Christian and how dare I go against what the "pastor" taught   .....   he's a "pastor" and he knows way more than I do.  The next week the "pastor" commented that some other person had also questioned that teaching and he actually had the guts to admit that he was in error. Nevertheless, all those that I had been talking to hated me after that because although I didn't scoff or anything like that they were shown up as not understanding something that simple even though they claimed to have been Christians for many years and some of them "grew up in the church". (I really don't like that phrase   .....  those I have met who "grew up in the church" are typically those who have never come to repentence   .....  all they are is church goers just like their parents). 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 12:22:58 PM »
And they did not even see their respecting of his person. By the way folks, just to clarify the matter, because I know some people on the forum have been confused about what respecting persons is, what Kevin just posted is a primary example of it. They had no respect to the doctrine, but rather, they had respect to his title, position, and rank, and therefore, they would not hear the truth because they respect titles instead of facts.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 06:37:56 PM »
What the Bible calls a respecter of persons is what man calls appeal to authority.

Raymond

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 03:52:25 PM »
I just came to this thread from the "What is a Cult?" thread, and it seems totally appropriate. I'm seeing more and more of Anderson's influence on people on Facebook where I get into a lot of exchanges. When sound reasoning and civility go out the window in a discussion I look at their friends list and invariably they're friends with Steven Anderson and usually also Jesse Morrell. On this side of repentance and conversion, the pride in both Anderson and his followers is highlighted becomes painfully obvious. I almost asked the question "why didn't any of the Andersonites call him on saying Graham went to Hell even though he believed?", but then I remembered seeing numerous videos of him railing against members that disagreed with him. I don't remember intimidation being mentioned in scripture as a Godly means to keep unity in the body.