Author Topic: Passions Are Dangerous and Can Easily Blind  (Read 160 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 43
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
Passions Are Dangerous and Can Easily Blind
« on: November 10, 2017, 04:18:59 PM »
I've mentioned this on numerous teachings that we ought not to be blinded by our feelings, and that our feelings are not necessarily equivalent of the Holy Spirit. I'm not supporting this channel, nor am I backing up some of the things this guy said. I know the youtube channel is filled with unbelievers, and the guy says things in the video like "good luck," which is pagan. However, the main point of what he's explaining is true, it's a lesson I learned the hard way after getting unbrainwashed from our society's catch phrases, and it's very good for young men and women to understand:
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline Joshua

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
  • Edification: 18
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
Re: Passions Are Dangerous and Can Easily Blind
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 07:35:55 PM »
I agree and understand Christopher's point, and his warning of caution.  I just thought I would bring up another problem with Dennis Prager's Channel.

In this video, Dennis Prager teaches that you can never be forgiven if you break the 3rd commandment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI8OtOfzUDE

"But most people intuitively, as well as biblically, understand that some sins are clearly worse than others. We are confident that God has at least as much common sense as we do. The God of Judaism and Christianity does not equate stealing an office item with murder." - Dennis Prager, see video

I believe Prager is wrong, and needs to consider this verse:
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 6:23
Someone can't receive more death for one sin then for another sin?  Sin is sin, and the punishment of death must be paid; either by him, or by the Lord Jesus Christ (if he were born again).

"That's what the Third Commandment is there to teach: Don't carry God's name in vain. If you do, God won't forgive you."- Dennis Prager, see video
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:06:12 PM by Joshua »
But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; -1 Corinthians 7:29-30  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. -Ephesians 5:16

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 43
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:43:56 PM »
Like I said, I don't know what else this guy teaches, and that channel often carries wicked teachers, but the message about passions was correct for the most part. Passion is not evil, but relying on it and calling it "the Holy Spirit" is what gets people into trouble.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 02:31:47 PM »
I read this with interest with regards to the severity of sin.  Small sins that must be repented of over time versus sins that are committed that will not be forgiven by God/Jesus Christ.

1 John 5 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. 18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 Corinthians 6 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

A topic that is ignored in the church buildings and they think that the big celestial insurance policy in the sky covers all sin and nothing needs to be repented of.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: -4
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
  • First Name: Eric
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 04:35:54 PM »
I like art / graphic design (my major) so I can relate to this. I currently work two PTs: One inside-clean job and one outside-dirty job. It's not all good careers if you compromise your passion for Christ. Many can lead you astray if you want to be very successful.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:43:20 PM by ericmonge84345 »
Let us start a new day!