Author Topic: Greetings Brothers and Sisters  (Read 6704 times)

LoveCreek

Greetings Brothers and Sisters
« on: June 27, 2019, 02:29:10 PM »
Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ.  Praise God I have finally found you after years of searching.  All in His perfect timing.  Praise be!  So grateful and joyful to have found folks who I believe I will be spending eternity with. 

From the time I was 5 I have suffered with extreme migraine episodes.  It wasn't until about 6 months ago I discovered it was connected with my strong since of discernment. I was raised in a small town Christian church in southern Indiana that was and is,  like many others,  not entirely following God.  I left these churches (organizations more accurately) in my 20's after visiting several of all different denominations.  There were only a few services I could sit through.  I would simply walk out in the middle of service on my first visit if the devil was in it.  I just couldn't sit through it and watch everyone be received and watch them laugh at the jokes from the pulpit that made me sick and repent deeply causing the migraines.

I've spent much of my adult life isolated from others because all the evil and false doctrine in people gave me such head pain.  There are very few people I can be around and not get a migraine and those are the purest souls I know.  For years I thought this was a curse.  I have since learned that is a gift. A burden to bear so that I may first find the truth, live the truth and help others to as well.  I'm not to the helping others part yet as I am still in the process of finding the truth and identify the planks in my eyes. 

About 8 years ago I gradually got in with bikers and realized they acted more like Christ than the people in the church,  for the most part.  So I learned a lot there as you can image as most were not following Christ.  Shortly after I started hanging around with bikers I found the new age movement and followed that path, with ears and eyes open, for years.  It was when it got into symbols I started investing deeper and found the truth.  Stuff that blew my mind.  I was shown just this week the narrow gate. Praise be!  At first I was in tears for all those lost.  Those decieved by this new age stuff. Those in these religious organization. Then grieved for my wrong doing.  And so very grateful. Understanding immediately why I have gone through all that I have (more on this another time). If I had not taken the journey for truth I would have not found it.  It was by the grace of God that I have been shown.  Everything is coming together.  All my prayers.  His promises. His guidence.  Wow! 

After doing some research about 501c3 and began searching on line for non 501c3 churches and read and heard several sermons and conversations of different groups.  Reading all about by-laws and all that.  I left all those sites but this one I love!    Its so wonderful to have found you. I look forward to learning and growing with you.

Reed Scott

Re: Greetings Brothers and Sisters
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 05:54:22 PM »
Welcome.  I'm a noob here too.  How much of Christopher's teachings have you read or listed to? :)

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 06:11:58 PM »
Hi Christy, and welcome to the group here :-)

Praise Be to God, for His Mercy and that He brought you to us :-)

I, too, am thankful to have found this group, where we can learn the Truth, and have fellowship with true born-again Christians.

It's good to have you here.  :-)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 02:20:30 AM »
Hi Christy,

I'm glad you found us, too! I was raised in a Presbyterian church and then spent a lot of time in Baptist and charismatic churches before I prayed not to be deceived anymore and found CLE.

I'm curious, though. You said your migraines were related to your discernment, so how could you spend so much time in the New Age movement without being in excruciating pain? Did you just study on your own without being around others?

Joop

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 09:26:38 AM »
Hi Christy,

Welcome to this forum. I read your testimony with interest. I do, however, have some concerns.

From the time I was 5 I have suffered with extreme migraine episodes.  It wasn't until about 6 months ago I discovered it was connected with my strong since of discernment
Discernment from whom? I am asking since you were at age 5 not yet a born again christian, as I might suppose.

As Jeanne pointed out:
You said your migraines were related to your discernment, so how could you spend so much time in the New Age movement without being in excruciating pain?

That was exactly what I was thinking as I was reading your testimony.

Anyway, you are on the right place here! God bless, Joop

LoveCreek

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 12:54:59 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome.  To answer your questions...yes I did do the new age thing on my own.  It started out with very helpful body relaxation and clearing out negative emotions.  Letting go of unforgiveness and learning to love people (including myself) which all helped a lot with the headaches.  I spent more time in nature with God and I felt great.  Better than I ever had.  I was so confused when I figured out it was only partial truth as the devil is very deceitful. There are a lot of good teachings in it that are wonderful, but then it goes to a dark place when you get deeper into it.  This is the deceit. Just as there are good things being tought in church buildings. Its is still not the full truth. Its deception which is full of both good and bad.  When I was very young I started getting the migraines and had to be alone to get over them.  Children are so pure. Well some of them.  I had a pure heart and an innocence and I got sick around any kind of evil. I was just so effected by it and still am.  I'm learning to allow the Holy Spirits protection around me without being so effected but it is also a protection in itself because it causes me to leave a bad situation and go be alone in bed and pray. It also lets me know who to stay away from.  I sure don't know all the answers.  I just know I have had a very different life than anyone I know and it has brought me to where I am today. 

I ran into an old friend yesterday who I very depressed, lost and unhealthy.  Maybe God put her in my path to help her.  I tried but it gave me a migraine that just went away this morning. So I'm praying about this.  I know we all are different parts of the body of Christ and my part is unique. Not sure what to do with it yet.  I did listen to several of Chris's audios and it was so wonderful hearing teaching that were biblical.  Nothing added to it.  Just strait up. Wonderful. I look forward to hearing more as time allows.  Any Godly advice or help is always welcome.  We are all here to help and love eachother. 

Joop

• BANNED
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joop
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 02:15:38 PM »
Letting go of unforgiveness and learning to love people (including myself) which all helped a lot with the headaches

There is a good teaching about loving ourselves on this website. Use the searchbar and type "loving ourselves".

Just as there are good things being tought in church buildings.

The problem is, as I have experienced quite often in the different denominations: there might be some truth, but when it comes to the Truth, they hated it. I spent decades in the pentecostal movement. You believe me, it is very cultish, i.e. not christian at all.

I just know I have had a very different life than anyone I know
Well, yes, who hadn't?

I know we all are different parts of the body of Christ and my part is unique
Well, I would never say that about myself, I suppose. Rather I would emphasize: There is only ONE (Jesus) Who is unique. And important.

We are all here to help and love eachother
Indeed, so you are on the right place.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 03:14:19 PM »
Letting go of unforgiveness and learning to love people (including myself) which all helped a lot with the headaches

There is a good teaching about loving ourselves on this website. Use the searchbar and type "loving ourselves".

I had thought about that, too, but I let it go as she seems to be pretty new to all the teaching here. However, since you brought it up, here is the link:

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/love.php

It's also important to note that there is no forgiveness without repentance and we are not called to forgive people who are unrepentant of the wrong they have done to us. Yes, we can choose not to hold on to the resentment, but you can't really 'forgive' someone unless they ask for it.

Luke 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. 4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

LoveCreek

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 03:27:24 PM »
Yes,  thank you.  Jesus is unique indeed.  I'm so greatful for that.  That Jesus lived as he did and died for us and arose and lives!  I'm not so good with using my words.  I just meant that not knowing anyone like me can make learning a challenge. A challenge I'm sure we all have as we are all unique. Sometimes I wish I could sit down with Jesus and ask him about the migraines.  I'm glad to have found a place of sound teaching.  I'm hungry for it.  I appreciate the info about the loving yourself teaching.  Thank you. I've not figured out how the quote tool works yet I appologize.  I'm still learning. 

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 03:38:47 PM »
When you want to quote someone, you hit the quote button at the top of the post you want to quote (as opposed to hitting Reply) and you can either quote the whole post or just delete everything except the part you want.

Or, you can just highlight what you want to quote and hit the little dialogue icon underneath the 'Font Face' dropdown menu. That's easier but it won't say who you're quoting.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 457
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 03:59:11 PM »
Hey Christy, what they're referring to would be the fullness of the doctrine versus what we were all typically taught in church buildings. For example, in the church buildings, we're taught that you forgive anyone and everyone no matter what, under any circumstance, and that typically comes from these two verses:
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
-Mat 6:15
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
-Mat 18:21-22

But as we are instructed in Isa 28:10, we are to read the Scripture here a little and there a little, meaning that we take verses in correlation with each other. So if we take what is in Matthew 18 and look at the correlating verses in Luke, we find this:
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.
-Luke 17:3-4

So as we can see, there are conditions. There is nowhere in Scripture where God requires that we do more than He does, and He does not forgive men unless they come to grief and sorrow of their wrongdoing; therefore, He requires no more or less of us, meaning that if a man repents, we ought to forgive him all his trespasses, but if he does not repent, we can simply let go of our bitterness and let God judge the matter, taking vengeance as He decides, trusting Him to do what is best.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

LoveCreek

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 05:00:59 PM »
Thank you for the help.  I started reading the teaching on "loving yourselves". Thank you Christopher for sharing this.  I didn't get to finish it yet ...had to stop and talk with my Lord.  Wow.  Thank you for helping me see the deception. It is deeper than I though and you explaine it very well.  I hear and I weap. I plan to read it all.  This is a lot to take in.  Wow! The spirit is different. The spirit of self-love (following yourself) and loving the Lord (following Him, His commandments.  I know it sounds so simple but its sure deep. I was deceived. Very much so.  Thank you for helping me come out of this deception as I know I'm just beginning.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 09:02:09 PM »
It takes time. Most of us here grew up in church buildings and have had to unlearn almost everything we were taught, though some here were quicker to see what was wrong than others. I pretty much took the long way round to where I'm at now and I'm still learning.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -21
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 06:28:53 PM »
Hi Christy!  I am so glad to hear that you read the teachings and "weep" over what you have done wrong.  I still do that too, even when I am transcribing Chris' writing!

Welcome.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

CharlesKeys

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2019, 10:14:38 PM »
I was deceived. Very much so
Hi Christy, take courage in the Lord! He has brought you here and you can learn lots from this group! Just be patient. I am a former ordained minister and I have been unlearning for the last two - three years. There is no teacher like the Holy Spirit!  These people will tell you the truth in love and guide help guide you out of all that foolishness you have had to go through.

Be blessed my sister in Christ Jesus and learn to rely on Him alone!

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 03:28:19 PM »
Hello

I hope you stay with us many years to come

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2019, 09:21:40 PM »
Hi Christy,

I'm very pleased you joined us.  It's nice to see yet another person who comes on here and is thankful to be corrected already.  James 4:10; "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up."

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Madonna
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 11:36:15 AM »
Hi Christy; I'm so glad to hear your testimony. One of the hardest thing to face when God starts to open your eyes to how much we been living with deception is wondering maybe we might not have been saved. I found myself weeping at what I thought was truth but wasn't. Especially, wanting only what God wants for us and still not understanding the truth. I was shown by the Lord that even my bible was the wrong one NASV. And it took me a year to go through verse by verse to find where the corruption was. And that was just the beginning. But God is faithful and now all though years of reading different "bibles" and the AV also; I'm able to go and check it out by comparison, and the Lord teaches me his truth. Example: I uses to quote wrongly the verse" God is not the God of confusion' then I got to look it up in the KJB and it said; " God is not the author of confusion". He was showing me that he has one book and it is AV. It may be weep and share the truth with other which I did with my son. And his response was "now that makes sense".

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 09:00:19 PM »
Madonna, I don't know if you noticed, but Christy is labelled as a 'Guest' which means she is no longer a member of this forum. I notice that you're replying to a lot of old threads where the people who made the original posts have not logged in for many months so they effectively are not here anymore, either. Just please be aware of the dates of previous posts before you reply to a thread.