Author Topic: Scofield refrence Bible for prisoners  (Read 2455 times)

WillCullum

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: William
  • Belief: Christian
Scofield refrence Bible for prisoners
« on: June 21, 2019, 10:34:52 AM »
Greetings to lovers of The Lord Jesus I would like to ask for assistance.  I communicate with several prisoners.  It appears to be that prisoners can easily obtain very high quality Scofield Reference Bibles for free from various places.  I'm looking for a small paperback book of even just an article that I can send to prisoners to warn them about the Scofield Reference Bible.  Books to prisoners can only come from book sellers.  When possible I like to get in contact with authors directly because they will often times be able to provide their book(s) at about 1/2 the normal price.  In my search for the above mentioned materials I ran across a web site called jesusissavior.com this site had a small blurb about the heresies in the SRB, and mentioned the title of a book "The Incredible Scofield and His Book" the blurb also indicated the book was available through that ministry.  However, I couldn't find any contact info on that website jesusissavior.com.  I'm wondering if any have had dealings with that ministry?
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Scofield refrence Bible for prisoners
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 10:51:53 AM »
That URL redirects to a site called mybible.com which seems to be just another online Bible app. They have Facebook and Twitter accounts but I couldn't find any info about who they are affiliated with.

WillCullum

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: William
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 12:15:07 PM »
Correction to the web address I gave.  I should have typed: jesus-is-savior.com
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »
I'm glad you're trying to help those prisoners who are deceived by Scofield. All I can tell you is that jesus-is-savior.com is run by David J. Stewart, who is NOT a Christian. He mocks the grief and godly sorrow of repentance on his website, and I quote him in my teaching on repentance:
http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/repent.php
There are numerous errors that he teaches, facts he covers up, and I don't know how deep it really goes with that guy, but I don't trust anything he writes. There's a man who created an entire blog for the sole purpose of exposing David Stewart, which you can find here:
http://davidjstewartexposed.blogspot.com
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 12:42:30 PM »
Here you go, some specific information from screen shots off his website. Once he was exposed for writing this, Stewart quickly took it down:

Stewart (if that's his real name) could just be an plant; an atheist or some other cultist is who trying to disrupt believers. He teaches things on his website in different places that are complete contradictory to one another, so I can see his manipulation of others.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18