Author Topic: Greedings  (Read 3540 times)

samualyoder

Greedings
« on: June 13, 2019, 09:28:44 AM »
I am sixty-nine and for fifty-four of those sixty-nine years I followed the traditions and commandments of men. A little over two years after my wife died the spirit opened my eyes to the truth of scripture mainly because I started reading and studying scripture without the help of my pastor or anyone else. It was hard at first to realize how snookered or bamboozled I was but than again it was my own doing for not being like the Bereans.
I came across the website Wicked Shepherds and that started me off and running to see just how corrupt being a pew sitter made me.
I also came to realize that the death of my wife was a blessing of sort in that if she was still alive I would not have heard or listened to the spirits prompting and just did as she wanted in regards to religion not wanting a hassle or rocking the boat with her.
My family i.e. my dad two sisters and a brother were and are Jehovah's Witnesses but somehow with my other brother and sister and I it just did not take hold of us.
Anyway glad to join this forum and Christopher Johnson is unique to say the least, I'm sure if it was still legal to torture and kill heretics the Christian community would have stoned him long ago. I doubt if many will read his articles with an open mind and check out his views against what scripture teaches, yet it is the few that get it right not the many or majority, one thing Wicked Shepherds showed me was if the majority was believing it better check it out closely because it is probably wrong, the majority are on the broad path to destruction while the few are on the narrow path that leads to life. Perilous times indeed.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Greedings
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 10:18:30 AM »
Hello.

How did you find CLE?  When did you repent and get saved?

I am glad you found the forum.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 10:55:49 AM »
You put your belief as "other" -- did you mean to do that? We can fix that for you if you want.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

samualyoder

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 11:24:46 AM »
Can't figure out how to reply to individual comments??
Chickenwhisper, found CLE while searching the term perilous times and I began following Christ 2014

Creationliberty Admin, I marked other in that I do not belong to any organized religion, nor do I label myself accord to how the world labels believers. I follow the head of the assembly, I will listen to what those under the head of the assembly say but always with suspecion and doubt and diligently comparing what they say to what scriptures say.

WillCullum

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: William
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 02:45:17 PM »
Hi Samual, I can tell you that on a thread like this one you won't find a reply button to a specific comment.  However you can use the "Insert Quote" feature which places text from a previous post into the post you are making.

There is also a private message part of the forum.  Mine was disabled early on and may have been restored, I haven't checked.  By clicking a persons name you can see various aspects of their interaction on the forum.  It will let you know who is very active and those that are less active on the forum. 

Praise to the Creator of Heaven and Earth for who He is and His power and faithfulness
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 08:57:09 AM »
You did fine answering Samual.  No worries.  It isn't set up like social media.  I think that is a good thing too.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 04:22:35 PM »
I thought the way you did at first, thinking it wasn't good to call myself anything like a Christian for example,  but I think you can call yourself a Christian if you have repented and believe on Christ because even the Bible refers to the disciples being called Christians-----  Acts 11:26--

"And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 447
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 06:27:51 PM »
Yeah, I had thought that too when I read it, but I didn't mention it to him because I figured that he'd figure that out eventually. I doubt that'll be convincing to him right now based on what he said, so just give him time. Even if it were the case, depart from the term "Christian" will not do anything to separate us from the enemies of the cross; the proper preaching of doctrine does that.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 11:54:49 PM »
Most people don't realise that true Biblical Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with what the rest of the world sees as 'organised religion.'