Author Topic: Favorite King James Only Books  (Read 4537 times)

Nate

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Nathan
  • Belief: Christian
Favorite King James Only Books
« on: May 22, 2019, 02:08:38 PM »
It wasn't overnight that I came to believe that the King James Bible is the pure and preserved words of God. The Lord used many fine authors to help me along. The following are my top five favorite books defending the King James Bible

1. Fighting Back by James L. Melton. This is the first booklet God used to open my eyes to the truth about corrupt Bible versions and the preserved word of God.
Brother Melton is a great Bible teacher and friend amd this booklet is packed with good stuff. He has a talent for giving you lots of info in very few pages.

2. Final Authority by William Grady. An excellent book covering the history of Vaticanus, Sinaiticus, Westcott and Hort, the King James translators and much more!

3. The King James Code by Michael Hoggard. God has shown Brother Hoggard excellent numerical patterns in the King James Bible. A wonderful book.

4. The "Errors" In the King James Bible by Peter Ruckman. A lot of people don't care for Ruckman and I understand that. I can't defend everything the man said either, but I'd be a liar if I said God didn't use his books to bless and encourage me to study scripture. Despite some things I may disagree with in this book, I do think it's a great book.

5. New Age Bible Versions by Gail Riplinger. Despite what many may think of her (I have some problems woth her for sure) this book is an undisputed classic in my mind.

Those are my favourite KJB defense books, how about everyone else?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:10:39 PM by Nate »

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: Favorite King James Only Books
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »
I can't say I only read one. I was once a kjb hater. What open my eyes is when someone showed me that there are bible verses missing out of my niv. At the time it had been out for 20 years. So why have they not fix it. Then someone challenge me to read the kjb so I did and saw it was not hard at all. So I studied the matter. I learned more of scripture when comparing bibles to kjb  then my hole life in the churchinanity

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 03:24:03 PM »
Nate, you need to stop this. Remember when we talked about this issue, about how you need to stop coming here with idea that you are going to teach, and instead, stop to learn? I wasn't kidding when I said you needed to put out of your mind all those things which you used to study because if the fruit of the spirit was not being shown in you after so long in study (which you confessed to), then if you are saved, as you said you are, there's a very good possibility that what you were studying, the books you were reading, was the source of the problem.

To give you an example, and sadly, I don't have this recorded so I can show you, one day, our church was together over Skype (I think this was last fall) after a study and we were looking at Mike Hoggard and what he teaches. We found out that he's very slick. We spent somewhere between 2-3 hours going over one of his teachings. Others who were there can hopefully back this up and help me verify what we went over, but Mike Hoggard came out and clearly said that it was acceptable for Christ to be worshiped as a sun god, but here you are promoting his books as if he's a good teacher on spiritual matters.

What you're doing here is what the Bible calls "heaping unto yourselves teachers." Heaping means that you're piling them up. Read this carefully; this is from 2 Timothy chapter 4:
I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
I get very tired a lot of times because I have to do this day in and day out; in fact, I've been doing it a lot today just in email. It is very exhausting, it takes up a lot of my time, but it also takes a lot of understanding of the doctrine, and that's why a lot of people don't do it, namely, because they don't want to (or it doesn't pay enough).

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
The itching ears talked about here are those who want to hear something specific. They have a message in their mind that makes them feel good, and if they don't hear that message, then they turn away from it. Such people are those who go from author to author to author, teacher to teacher to teacher, and they heap a huge pile of teachers in to their portfolio, instead of going to the doctrine and looking to the Word of God. Once a man has a good understanding of God's Word, they won't like to hear very many teachers because they begin to understand how few are teaching what's right.

As James wrote about teachers (i.e. master used in the context of a teacher):
My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
-James 3:1

There are many people out there who use a KJB, or defend the KJB, but are not of Christ. I just got done with the series on Steven Anderson, and that should be an excellent example of a man who fervently defends the KJB, but is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

In another post, I told you that other people here would not want to follow after authors who were not of Christ, and that was over the topic of a religious nature, which was Freemasonry. Yet, when I told you this, it was like you agreed as an after thought, like it was a social obligation, but really, you just made an excuse and continued on. You said:
As a student of history I still recommend books that contain matters of fact, as Christian people should be able to have discernment to ignore any humanistic philosophy they may contain. But you're right, these authors have nothing to offer that's any good spiritually speaking
First, the statement, "as a student of history" is lifting yourself up in pride, and pride is where the anger comes from the in first place. Then you go on to state that Christians should have discernment to ignore anything that's wrong, which is true for VETERAN Christians who are of full age, who have their senses of discernment exercised...
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
-Heb 5:14

...but you didn't have enough discernment to see that these authors had corrupted you, which is why you're still suffering from problems that are typically reserved for new Christians, and are just now coming to realization about doctrines that are the foundational principles of Christ.

If an author writes a cookbook, I don't care if he's a Christian or not. But if an author writes on spiritual matters, you're treating it as if it's a cookbook, to "eat the meat and spit out the bones" as Kent Hovind always used to say, and it took me many years to figure out that statement is false and deceptive because Hovind doesn't understand what leaven is.
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
-1Co 5:6
And I would likewise say that your glorying in all these books you've read is not good because you have taken in their leaven without even knowing it. I discuss that topic in much more detail here:
The Biblical Understanding of Sanctification
That will help you understand what Jesus meant when He said:
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
-Luke 12:51

What you're doing is coming here continually and promoting authors and books from popular men who teach against the doctrine of Christ, and you do so because you've spent so much time studying what other people say, rather than going to the Word of God yourself. That's why, if you have the Spirit of God in you, you can't see the wickedness in men like Mike Hoggard and call him "Brother Hoggard" to give him a title, which the Bible never taught us to do; you learned that by their traditions, not by the Word of God.
Titles Are Unbiblical in the Church

I'm trying not to say too much to you about these things in general because I don't want to overwhelm you with things, but the more I read of your conversation, the more I can see how little discernment you have, and how you have been corrupted by all these authors. And part of the reason I can tell is because you're conversation is nearly completely void of any Scripture or doctrinal understanding; you might pull a verse out every now and again, but from what I've seen, you don't fully understand what you're using, and that's a serious problem too.

Therefore, you're speaking, singing, and praying without understanding, and that understanding is something important.
What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.
-1Co 14:15

We have to learn to put a bridle (like reigns on a horse) on our tongues, not to be so quick to say things.
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
-Jms 1:26

When you don't have the understanding and spiritual discernment you need, how is it that you think that you know what books are good for others to read on spiritual matters?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Nate

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Nathan
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 05:15:14 PM »
Those are all good Christian books worthy of reading for any Christian. Any spiritual problem I may have didnt come from any of those books. And I check EVERYTHING that I read with the King James Bible. I don't state my gratefulness to good Christian authors out of any pride or because I'm heaping teachers, as you accuse me of.

Chris,
I admit that I sinned against you when I got angry and accused you of being a self righteous Pharisee by questioning my testimony-Ecclesiastes 7:9. I knew in my spirit that there was leaven and pride in you but I accused you without having any solid evidence. THAT was what the Lord convicted me about, THAT and the fact that I even entered dialogue with you or your forum without reading everything you believe first and that I threatened you with a lawsuit that I knew was a stupid statement. You do have some good stuff, but it's all overshadowed by your rash condemnation of good Christians like Mike Hoggard and your accusing churches of having a "devil's church" by having 501c3 status, and other stupidities. After prayer I knew there was something wrong with you spiritually, and that I shouldn't have anything to do with you, but I wanted so bad to be wrong about that and have fellowship with a person I wanted to believe was a good Christian.

You accused me with many false accusations in this post and YOU are the one who has sinned this time!  I just KNEW that you think yourself to be some kind of authority for other Christians and act like a Protestant pope. I have news for you, you're not my pastor and you're not my leader. Also, you're foolish because you have this false confidence about who is going to Heaven and who isn't with statements like "Johnny Cash went to Hell" "Peter Ruckman went to Hell" etc How do you know that!? You really don't. You don't know what went on between God and those men in their last days! Also, I've found that with your statement of people speaking in tongues as all being "Satanic gibberish", you've lumped false tongues with genuine moves of the Spirit and have inadvertently blasphemed through your stupidity. You are a satanic accuser of the brethren no matter how many things you get right and no matter how right you are about people like Billy Graham and Steven Anderson, you are a self conceited false accuser (2 Timothy 3:3, Revelation 12:10) and I'm sorry I've wasted so much time with you. I really wanted to give you another chance. NOW we're done. I want you to delete my account and I never want anything more to do with you or your forum or your church. And remember, I will stay born again and in Christ regardless of your pride and stupidity no matter what you accuse me of.

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 06:15:08 PM »
Did you waist your time talking with the rest of us on here? We are brethren here and like minded. Some of the books you did mention do have crazy teaching in them. What was being said was you don't need them but you your self can study it out with the bible alone to see there leaven. Gail Riplinger teach for example that the niv is the mark of the beast.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 07:53:27 PM »
Did you waist your time talking with the rest of us on here? We are brethren here and like minded. Some of the books you did mention do have crazy teaching in them. What was being said was you don't need them but you your self can study it out with the bible alone to see there leaven. Gail Riplinger teach for example that the niv is the mark of the beast.
Another good point Billy; he's angry at me, and ignores you, and everyone else here too. I come here to learn as much as anybody else. Even when Kenneth asked a question on Scripture the other day, I learned some things because I had to back and search the Scriptures to address the points he was making. The only other person I know of who rages in malice like that is Steven Anderson.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 09:15:17 PM »
Well he did show up when you're doing the teachings on steven Anderson. I find it strange that people attack you even if someone else did a rebuke first. I just pray nate comes back in repentance and we see a change in him as proof that he is of a repentance heart

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 12:49:09 AM »
In short, for a man who claims to have come to repentance and faith in Christ and receiving of the Holy Spirit of God almost 20 years ago (i.e. longer than I've been a Christian) to act this way, there is one of three problems:
1. He's false brethren that was never converted.
2. He's a prodigal son, and needs to be put out of the church due to his sin. (i.e. let the Lord Jesus Christ bring him back in His own time)
and/or...
3. He is corrupted by the traditions of men and rudiments (foundational teachings) of the world. (Col 2:8 )

Nate would not confess to any of these, and I could not determine which one it is. Therefore, he's lying about something, and he needs to go because if he can't be honest with us, there is nothing we can do to help him.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 11:24:55 AM »
I am unfamiliar with many of these people. I am little familiar with Johhny Cash, Ken Ham, and Peter Ruckman. But the rest I am drawing a blank and from your reactions, I know they have to be bad news. I'll look up information on them later.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:29:26 AM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 12:20:05 PM »
I realized this morning that I didn't actually respond to this. I think it's because I didn't bother reading it since we spent more time trying to put out the fires Nate was starting in his rage and malice. I read the first sentence, and then saw where Tim had already banned him. I normally wouldn't waste time on it, but it might be good for others here since a few of you have said you don't know if you know the things you would need to know in order to understand how to respond. I don't know if I know the things I need to know in order to understand how to respond either, but we'll give it a try.

Those are all good Christian books worthy of reading for any Christian. Any spiritual problem I may have didnt come from any of those books.
As I stated in another post, for a man to have claimed to have been saved for almost 20 years and act this way in malice, rage, emulations, strife and wrath, there are one of three problems:
1. He's false brethren that was never converted.
2. He's a prodigal son, and needs to be put out of the church due to his sin. (i.e. let the Lord Jesus Christ bring him back in His own time)
and/or...
3. He is corrupted by the traditions of men and rudiments (foundational teachings) of the world. (Col 2:8 )

So, initially, he raged at the fact that I suspected he wasn't of Christ. He wanted us to check #1 off the list. He claimed repentance of his sin, so he wanted us to check #2 off the list. And now, he claims there is nothing wrong with the people he is studying from, so he wanted us to check #3 off the list. Then what's the source of his rage?

I say the problem is that he's lying to us, and lying to himself. He says the problem is me. (i.e. I'm the source of his rage?) I'll let God judge the matter, and I'll let you all judge for yourselves what you think the problem is.

And I check EVERYTHING that I read with the King James Bible. I don't state my gratefulness to good Christian authors out of any pride or because I'm heaping teachers, as you accuse me of.
I think Nate has a problem with thinking that, if he states something out of his mouth, it must automatically be true. Or, if he feels a certain way, that must be the Holy Spirit. If we say he's done something wrong, he just denies it first thing, every time, without discussion. How can he ever be rebuked or corrected?

Chris,
I admit that I sinned against you when I got angry and accused you of being a self righteous Pharisee by questioning my testimony-Ecclesiastes 7:9.
That wasn't the point of that whole interaction. The point was that he lied Tim and I, and falsely accused Tim of things I can prove Tim did not do, and he did so because of his malice and rage, and that malice and rage comes from the pride of his heart.

Where do people think anger comes from? It's like the story I read about where a mother had a bully for a son in a public school, and she over and over again would say to herself and others that he was a "good boy." After her son got expelled from a school, she got angry with the school, not angry with her son, because she was proud (i.e. prideful) of her son. (i.e. That's the danger in saying, "I'm proud of you.") So she took him to another school, and he she was quickly called in to discuss his bullying behavior, and she got furious with the new school as well. Through her pride, she welled up in anger, and could not see the truth.

For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.
-Psa 59:12

Their lips are taken over by their pride, and they curse and lie when they speak.
Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
-Psa 73:6

Violence erupts when a man is covered in his own pride, which is why boxers or football players are brought into the arena with cheers, smoke, lights, and other flashy things, to lift them up in their pride for the sake of violence to ensue.
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
-Pro 8:13

Froward means unyielding or ungovernable, that is, without proper restraint, and that comes from pride and arrogance.
Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
-Pro 13:10

Contention (i.e. the fighting and quarreling spirit) comes from the pride of the heart, but as I've taught many times in the past, we all know that it is only Chris Johnson that these verses were meant for. I am the only prideful person that has ever existed in this world, and if only I were dealt with properly, then there would be no more pride and everyone would be at peace.

I knew in my spirit that there was leaven and pride in you but I accused you without having any solid evidence.
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
-Mat 7:5

I never once broke out in rage against Nate. I was stressed (i.e. grieved) at having to deal with him every single day, but I tried to exercise the patience and charity that God has commanded from us. Nate took advantage of that, but what amazes me is that through all these interactions over the past week, his "discerning spirit" cannot detect any pride inwardly. Again, to me, that is evidence that he does not have the Spirit of God in him.

THAT was what the Lord convicted me about, THAT and the fact that I even entered dialogue with you or your forum without reading everything you believe first and that I threatened you with a lawsuit that I knew was a stupid statement. You do have some good stuff, but it's all overshadowed by your rash condemnation of good Christians like Mike Hoggard and your accusing churches of having a "devil's church" by having 501c3 status, and other stupidities.
Okay, first, let's go to his statement, which you can find here in the commentaries on 501c3:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg5359#msg5359
Ugh, after reviewing all the facts about the 501c3 code of the IRS, I find it to be totally absurd. I had no idea. No group of Christians has any business going to the Federal government for ANYTHING regarding the duties, activities, rights or business of a church! 501c3 is totally unscriptural and NO Christian should have anything to do with it.
Nate said that. He flip-flops more than a politician.

The fact is that what I suspect really set Nate off was when I said this:
To give you an example, and sadly, I don't have this recorded so I can show you, one day, our church was together over Skype (I think this was last fall) after a study and we were looking at Mike Hoggard and what he teaches. We found out that he's very slick. We spent somewhere between 2-3 hours going over one of his teachings. Others who were there can hopefully back this up and help me verify what we went over, but Mike Hoggard came out and clearly said that it was acceptable for Christ to be worshiped as a sun god, but here you are promoting his books as if he's a good teacher on spiritual matters.
Now, you'll notice that I did not say that Mike Hoggard was not saved. I simply said that he was not a good teacher on spiritual matters because of absurd statements like that. If Hoggard doesn't have enough discernment to see in Scripture where God hates the worship of the sun, then I don't think he's qualified enough to be teaching anyone.
However, that's what really made Nate angry, and I believe it's because he's likely a HUGE Mike Hoggard fan, and what I find hilarious a lot of times about these people who are big fans of these preachers is that, most of them have NEVER spoken with them personally. Often, they have too big of a fan base and that's why, most of the time, you get back automated letters from their site, or hear from a secretary, and can't get a hold of them personally; therefore, they gain many followers because no one can really interact with them.

I've known for a long time that I would maintain a lot more listeners if I did NOT respond to emails, or if I did so in a fluffy, public relations manner that didn't really address anything they were saying. I know that my response to emails sends people away; I know that my rebukes like I gave Nate sends people away too. I am NOT here for publicity or popularity, and the church was never meant for that; we were meant to teach people the truth, and there are pastors and evangelists out there who need to be rebuked sharply so they can be sound (firmly grounded) in the faith.
For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
-Titus 1:10-13

To do such a thing requires operating on faith for the protection and care of the Lord God, and not to be afraid of what men say or do in response.
The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
-Pro 29:25

In short, it is the pride and respect of Mike Hoggard that led Nate into his rage. All I can say is that I'm suspicious of Mike Hoggard, and some investigation into him might be needed in the future.

After prayer I knew there was something wrong with you spiritually, and that I shouldn't have anything to do with you, but I wanted so bad to be wrong about that and have fellowship with a person I wanted to believe was a good Christian.
I'm not saying God didn't lead Nate away from us, or specifically me, but this gives me more evidence that he follows his feelings, and calls them the "Holy Spirit," and likely he was taught to do that by men like Mike Hoggard, which is why I tried to tell him that his education (i.e. the rudiments, or first teachings, of the world) and traditions were corrupting him.
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-Col 2:8

You accused me with many false accusations in this post and YOU are the one who has sinned this time!
If you guys figure out where I sinned in that post I made to him, let me know. It appears that, according to Nate, I "sinned" against him, but he not explaining how or what specific sin that I committed. How is it that I can be corrected if I'm not told exactly what it is I did wrong?

I just KNEW that you think yourself to be some kind of authority for other Christians and act like a Protestant pope.
Well, if God called me to teach, then I do have authority in the church. I don't always like it, and it's not something I like saying very much because I don't think I'm worthy of authority, but I do have some, which makes me a servant, not a figurehead. Steve has authority in the church, and so does Kenneth (though he is not a member of our specific church, he has authority in the church as a whole because of his work), and we're all servants, not figureheads. But here's what confuses me: Why is it that he thinks Mike Hoggard has authority, but I don't? Or, does he think that none of the other authors and preachers he mentioned have any authority? That's really confusing.
Also, if you guys can point out to me anywhere I have acted like a "Protestant Pope," which is what Billy Graham has been labeled, then please let me know.

I have news for you, you're not my pastor and you're not my leader.
The term 'news' implies that I think I'm his pastor, and that I didn't know otherwise. I've never claimed to be a pastor at all. However, we, as Christians, have been given authority by God to rebuke sin, and that's what he doesn't like.

Also, you're foolish because you have this false confidence about who is going to Heaven and who isn't with statements like "Johnny Cash went to Hell" "Peter Ruckman went to Hell" etc How do you know that!? You really don't.
I know that I don't know that. However, God knows that, and what's interesting is that God left us a piece of communication which we now call "The Holy Bible," and the Bible, He tells us who goes to heaven and who goes to hell, so what I decided to do was trust Him at His Word, and others decided they are not going to trust Him at His Word. Okay. Let God judge the matter. However, I doubt Nate has the fear of God in his heart, or he would read Matthew and tremble in fear:
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-Mat 7:21-23

I read that, it frightened me, and I wanted to know the difference between those who are saved and those who claim to be saved but are not. Thank God, He teaches us that in His Word, and has taught it to mankind for the past 6,000 years.

(Btw, Johnny Cash and Billy Graham were very close friends; birds of a feather flock together. [2Co 2:14-18] Also, based on what I've read, Peter Ruckman did not believe Johnny Cash was saved either. Would Nate then conclude that Peter Ruckman was a satanic, prideful, stupid false accuser? My point is that even all these authors that Nate loves, they all disagree with each other, and therefore, Nate is lukewarm; he rides the fence with all of them instead of picking a side.)

You don't know what went on between God and those men in their last days!
Are we to judge a matters based on hypothetical situations, or are we to judge matters based on evidence? Here's what I find hilarious, and I do laugh about this sometimes: It's as if people like Nate, who are many, believe that if you claim that someone went to hell on the basis of the evidence of their doctrine, words, and actions, and if someone was saved secretly in their hearts two minutes before they died, then you too will end up in hell for falsely accusing them. It's ridiculous.
Here's the problem with that: Let's say Billy Graham, two minutes before his death, in his heart, in secret, where no one else could hear, truly repented of his wickedness and everything he'd done. Sure, God would save him, and I believe that because God is ever merciful, but that does NOT mean we should now go study everything Billy Graham taught because we he taught those things, they were taught without the Spirit of God in wickedness, and those doctrines will lead men to hell.
Frankly, I don't understand why everyone is so scared to declare that if a man is teaching the doctrine of devils, that he is not of Christ. We can make such statements in careful analysis of their doctrine while still maintaining judgment on ourselves and checking one another. However, most of the time, I don't say that someone ended up in hell unless I know for certain that he taught doctrine contrary to the principles of Christ, or at least that he was later repentant of doing so. I don't know if Mike Hoggard is saved or not, but he's leavened, or he wouldn't teach people that sun worship was okay under certain circumstances.

Also, I've found that with your statement of people speaking in tongues as all being "Satanic gibberish", you've lumped false tongues with genuine moves of the Spirit and have inadvertently blasphemed through your stupidity.
So Nate also believes the charismatic gibberish is Biblical. He should go join their church then; if they truly have the Spirit of God in them, then he should be yoking up with them, not with us.
Charismatic Gibberish vs Speaking in Tongues

You are a satanic accuser of the brethren no matter how many things you get right and no matter how right you are about people like Billy Graham and Steven Anderson, you are a self conceited false accuser (2 Timothy 3:3, Revelation 12:10) and I'm sorry I've wasted so much time with you.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't actually told me where I falsely accused anyone... did he? In another post, I warned him that keyword searching was not the equivalent of a Bible study, and 2Ti 3 + Rev 12 were results of him keyword searching 'false' & 'accuser', but he gave two verse references, so... that's like the same as him actually understanding doctrine?

I really wanted to give you another chance. NOW we're done.
That really gave me the impression that, in his rage, he's trying to maintain some aspect of control over this whole situation. He feels powerless, so he's trying to act like he's dictating the terms of our interaction. Frankly, I wanted him to leave after his very first post because I knew something was wrong, but if I operated based on my feelings without first seeking out the evidence, then I might end up falsely accusing people of being unsaved.[/quote]

I want you to delete my account
No, we'll just ban you... Nate from "USA." (I'm surprised he didn't put his location as "Earth" or "Universe.")

and I never want anything more to do with you or your forum or your church.
Thank God for that; time will tell if he'll keep his word.
Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.
-Pro 22:10

It's been less than a day and I already feel much better and more at peace.

And remember, I will stay born again and in Christ regardless of your pride and stupidity no matter what you accuse me of.
Your declaration of salvation doesn't provide the evidence, otherwise, Jesus would have said, "Ye shall know them by their declarations."
I have never denied being prideful or stupid, and that's why I pray that God would give me humility and understanding because I can't do those things on my own. I have discernment only because of the Lord God, and so do all of you, but the least among you in discernment on this forum is far greater than Nate; he has no discernment whatsoever, and that is because I believe he does not have the Spirit of God in him, and that's because he was never converted. (i.e. He gained a membership to Club Church-ianity, and was satisfied with it.) At least we've now learned a lesson about feigned repentance.

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 05:07:18 PM »
Everything said has shown  he is duble minded. james 1.8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. This will explain the anger.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 11:25:08 PM »
What does Hovind mean when he uses the phase chew the meat and spit out the bones? I am a little confused on this issue.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 04:02:20 AM »
He means that you just take what is good from a book or teaching and ignore the false doctrine. The trouble with that approach, though, is that many people don't know how to tell the truth from the lies. (Like Nate obviously doesn't know how to tell what false doctrine really is.)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 09:36:49 AM »
Part of the reason he can't do that is because he himself lies. For example, I had to block him and create filter to keep out all his letters from my email inbox this morning because even though he said in email to me:
"I'm done now trying to rebuke and edify you... it's be best if you don't send any emails because I won't be reading them."
Yet, he wrote me a letter this morning trying to rebuke me. I didn't even bother reading it past the first line in which he's still coming to the forum to read all the comments, which means he lied to all of you too, as he said this in his last post:
"NOW we're done. I want you to delete my account and I never want anything more to do with you or your forum or your church."
He's "done trying to rebuke me," but writes to rebuke me again, and he's "done with me... never wants anything more to do with me," but then keeps writing me. He's a liar, and his hatred and rage are so kindled, he can't put out the fire within himself.
I was actually waiting for him to write me another email because I fully expected him to not keep his word because he's a contentious, malicious scorner, and those types of people do not care about their word. If one day, he's humbled before the Lord Jesus Christ and actually converted, God will teach him those things.
God Does Not Justify Lies

When he did his whole "apology" letter last week, I wanted to be charitable and decided to believe him. However, something still wasn't right, I had my doubts and I only mentioned it to Lorraine because I didn't want there to be anymore strife. There was something strange he said, and I'll show you what I mean, he wrote me and said:
"I also was foolish in threatening you with a lawsuit which violates 1 Corinthians 6. You're right that it would be a waste of time and wouldn't hold up in court."
You might be thinking, "What's wrong with that?" Well, first of all, "foolish" is a poor choice of words because it's actually sinful. It came out of the pride of his heart, which he won't confess, and he wasn't apologizing for his sin, but rather, he treated it more like a mistake. Furthermore, if it was unbiblical, then why comment that it never would have worked? It's as if he wouldn't have thought it was foolish if it would have worked. When I read that, I still had doubt, but chose patience and mercy because we're commanded to do that.

By the way, our church discussed it over Skype one night, and I went further into that because Nate didn't understand the half of what he would have had to go through to file a lawsuit. It's far more absurd than what I wrote in that comment, and I didn't press the explanation because I thought we were done at the time, but the fact is that not only would you have to bring all this to a trial and have a huge amount of money, but because I don't believe he's a born again Christian, as I more firmly believe that more now than I did before, he would not only have to prove a false claim of defamation, which is nearly impossible to even get to trial, even if it did, he would have to find a judge that would be willing to hear tangible, physical evidence in a court of law that proved hell. Not only would you have to prove hell, but likewise, you would have to prove heaven because his claim is that he is not hell-bound, but heaven-bound, and that my claims against him were false, so providing evidence spiritual things that would be acceptable in a court of law would take a literal miracle from God.

This is the vanity and foolishness of a raging, malicious man, who has nothing better to do than fight with everyone he meets. I guarantee you we're not the only ones he does this to, but claims he's of Christ all the way along in his willful blindness. In fact, if you remember, early on, he told us that he had been accused of being false by others before he ever came here, and that it's been a consistent problem for him. Well, if others can see it too, then maybe one day he'll look inwardly.

If you guys want to know why he's not of Christ, the Word of God tells us he's not of Christ. I don't have to judge him by my own personal standards because who cares about what I think? I have stated clearly that Steven Anderson is not a Christian on the same basis that I say Nate is not a Christian; they're both false. The Bible clearly states:
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
-Gal 5:19-21

hatred: Great dislike or aversion; hate; enmity. hatred is an aversion to evil, and may spring from utter disapprobation, as the hatred of vice or meanness
variance: Difference that produces dispute or controversy; disagreement; dissension; discord
emulations: Contest; contention; strife; competition
wrath: Violent anger; vehement exasperation; indignation
strife: Exertion or contention for superiority; contest of emulation, either by intellectual or physical efforts Contention in anger or enmity; contest; struggle for victory; quarrel or war

The question is whether or not you guys trust what God said. Nate doesn't trust what God says because he believes he's born again in Christ and going to heaven despite the fact that he lives according to variance, emulations, wrath, strife, and hatred. This is not saying if a Christian errs, or commits a sin, and is repentant of it, but this is talking about people who have these works of the flesh as part of their nature, meaning they live like this on a regular basis, as Nate said he has had problems with these sins all of his life, even over the past two decades as a so-called "Christian"; at least, that's what he told us.

I don't trust Nate. I trust God. Therefore, I trust that Nate will not inherit the kingdom of God unless he comes to repentance of his sin and is converted.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 11:26:02 AM »
Wait, how can Nate still be coming here to check the forum if Tim blocked his ip address?

Oh, never mind; if he's using his phone, he can use mobile data which will change the ip depending on his location. Same is true if he's using a wi-fi hotspot somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:28:13 AM by Jeanne »

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 04:11:46 PM »
If he has been a Christian for a long time he should not be still have this anger problem. Jesus would of took his heart of stone and gave him a heart of flesh. There should be change in his life from a loud angry soul to a quiet patient soul

samualyoder

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 08:09:52 AM »
Is it not written now we see in a glass darkly? Seems to me that in the assembly there is a wide range of personalities we have to deal with. Its a tough nut to crack when conflicts arise within the assembly, our elders, leaders if called for that purpose maintains balance and harmony within their respective assembly or in this case online fellowship.
It is what it is and the tares will be along side the wheat until the harvest, no getting around that. In the parable of the sower the different places of where the seed fell causing different reactions of the seed growth still the seeds whether in wayside, rocky, weedy, or productive soil was still in the field.
We will as an assembly rub elbows with seed or those in our fellowship that are in the weeds, rocky, or wayside or even within our own family.
I know that in the last days the Father spoke through his son yet Paul admonishes us that a heretic after the 1st and 2nd warning shun. If anyone brings another gospel another Messiah that is not as Christ or the Apostles taught we are to shun them also.
Once yeast is in the dough it can't be remove, you can not just eat the meat and spit out the bones, we have to be sure our meat is boneless to begin with.
It is right statement discernment comes with maturity and being exercised, those of us who are babes still feeding on the milk of the word do not have the discerning ability to rebuke our fellow believers that is for the leaders who are mature.
We can observe what is going on and by watching and listening to the corrective actions of the elder we learn to discern.
We can not become cannibalistic and bite and devour each other, if at all possible live at peace with each other unless what is trying to be pressed on us is outright heresy.
I don't know at this point in my walk what is deemed important and what is side issues that has no real effect of whether one is elect or not. Whether one is on dangerous ground or just headed for chastisement from the Master.
I think truth is truth and any thing that deviates from truth has to be corrected, it is in how that correction is done that makes the difference.
Just my opinion.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 10:41:57 AM »
You're commenting on a situation that's been closed for about a month now. You may want to go back and read everything that happened to get a full understanding of the matter because I don't know exactly who you're talking to.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=658.0