Author Topic: How Bad Is It?  (Read 1735 times)

Reed Scott

How Bad Is It?
« on: June 11, 2019, 10:22:07 AM »
It's easy to be obsessive over 'end times' prophecies.  I've certainly been guilty of this.  Although of late,  past couple of years or so,  I. have realized this and moderated my ways.  Better to be more concerned with knowing Jesus and learning doctrine. 

That being said I do think we are in the 'birth pangs' of God's timeline.  I observe our 'human condition',  western civilization and especially modern America and I am beyond appalled.  More than anything I reflect on my upbringing and my abject godlessness as a young man.  I chuckle a bit at the saying, "If God does not judge this land soon He will owe Sodom and Gomorrah an apology'.  Foolish saying but even fools can sometimes make a point.

Chris has cautioned against clinging to the idea that the final week of Daniel is right around the corner,  almost at the door.  I think that's prudent advice.  I tend to think it is close however.  I liken our situation to the old 'snowball rolling down a hill' analogy.  The ball growing in size and gaining speed as it goes.  Our snowball looks pretty big and pretty fast at present.  We really do look to be well down the 'slippery slope'.

But then the U.S. and the West have gone through three or four generational cycles of degradation and debauchery before.  Then snapped back to more sensible and prudent ways.  Now though I see a massive falling away that appears irreversible.  That would be Paul's great sign.  Would it not?

I have a habit of glancing at the tabloid news regularly to view just how ugly the world is becoming.  It's like being present at a train wreck.  You just can't not look.  Society stands on the very brink of literally insane debauchery.  A huge number have already taken the leap.  While the church buildings and their pew warmers seem to just look away and pretend ... life goes on.  Saying, "what can we do?"  "It's out of our hands."  Not all of course.  Jesus still has His salty ones.  As those here well know.

This sort of thinking warns me to be ready for the trials that may come ... if I live long enough.  I want to be strong enough in the Lord to acquit myself with merit.  I hope to be a man that can preach Christ as Paul and Steven did to their accusers.  Lord,  I pray for that strength.  I pray I can go out in such a fashion. 

Just my hopeful fantasy for myself.  I'm not counting on it though.  Living for Jesus right now,  today is the important thing.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: How Bad Is It?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 10:42:50 AM »
When 280 nations come under the rulership of 11 people, then I'll say we're near the end. If we're close to that point, let us know.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Reed Scott

Re: How Bad Is It?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 11:31:27 AM »
Hi Chris,  Yah,  I'll let you know.   ;D

It could be interpreted that the ten horns are simply ten nations that ally themselves with the anti-christ as he ascends to power.  Not necessarily that the whole world is governed by the ten horns or kings.  It seems clear that world wide conflagration and war is perpetrated by the anti-christ once he takes full power however.  Granted things will have to be disastrously chaotic across the planet prior to his ascension for one man to assume such power .  Whole nations would have had to collapse seemingly before he shows up. 

It is very hard to imagine a scenario so massively chaotic emerging in just a few years I agree.  God has said he would do a short work though.  Rom. 9:28. For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.