Author Topic: Cross on the Cover  (Read 6426 times)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Cross on the Cover
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 01:32:45 PM »
King james 1611 some of the pages will have some letters. If you loo, some will have j.  H. P.    Others will be fff  what are they for ?

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Yeb
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »
The Jesuits tried to corrupt the English version of the Word of God. The first version of the King James Bible 1611 still had the Apocrypha in it. Also other additions.
In later editions that was removed by the Puritans.

My scan (https://archive.org/details/KJV1611) seems to just have a numbering system (in the middle) and the beginning of the next page(on the right).

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2019, 03:53:57 PM »
King james 1611 some of the pages will have some letters. If you loo, some will have j.  H. P.    Others will be fff  what are they for ?

They might just be the identification markings for the book binders to put all of the sections in the correct order.  If you look at a large volume book you will see that it is a collection of booklets collated and bound together and then a cover added to the outside. 

Years ago I met someone who had a Bible where the book binders had made an error and many of the booklets were collated in the wrong order.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2019, 05:07:34 PM »
If you look at a large volume book you will see that it is a collection of booklets collated and bound together and then a cover added to the outside. 

Here is an excellent explanation on how book are sometimes put together.

https://youtu.be/5zaTPcB2bBs
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2019, 05:33:39 PM »
You may be right. Just they have no set pattern or its on each booklet.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 12:29:38 PM »
Thanks Kenneth, that video was very educational.  I never really thought that a sheet was actually 4 pages.  Goes to show you what they didn't teach me in public school.  What's sad, is that I learned more out of school than I ever did in school.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2019, 04:06:22 PM »
Same goes  for churchinanity, I learned more in 1 month then I have in 5 years of sermons. And discover more of the bible by just reading it in 1 month then my hole time in the "church " like talking donkey or a lion of honey

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2019, 07:57:12 PM »
Took me less than a year of listening to Christopher to start purging the leaven out of my life.  I would have to agree, learning way more outside the "church" than I ever did inside the "church."  It did get tiresome learning the same messages over and over and over again.  My dad ended up preaching almost an entire year on "prosperity."  Which happen to be full of false doctrine anyway, including taking scripture way out of it's context.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2019, 08:04:16 PM »
That is good Caleb!

I am terribly sorry to say I am STILL getting rid of leaven in my life.  I am grateful though for reading the different posts and examining myself for the tiny amounts of leaven that can take hold and grow if I don't purge them.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2019, 08:16:37 PM »
Like I've said before, I'm still trying to purge leaven out of my life too.  I'm glad to be apart of something here that I know for a fact that will help me in that.  I do have my brother, Curtis, to thank also in helping me on this path.  Curtis and I have been through a lot together pertaining to the Word of God. As twins, I guess most people expect that out of us.  One of the best things that we used to do is go to a quiet place with each other and do what James 5:16 told us to do.  We did that once a week for quite a while.  It helped much.