Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 5401 times)

vbailey

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 9
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Valerie
  • Belief: Christian
Introduction
« on: June 10, 2019, 08:53:13 PM »
Hello Church Family,

My name is Valerie and my husband and I have been married almost 25 years. I first want to say thank you to God for who He is and to the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.  I am also grateful to be part of this church because the teaching is from the KJV bible only.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 10:36:59 PM »
Hi Valerie! It's great to have you here on the forum! We've all enjoyed talking with you over Skype for the last several weeks so it's nice that you've finally made your way here.

The members of our church know you but the rest of the people here on the forum don't so could you please give us a little bit more about your background like when and how you got saved, how you found CLE and so on? Did you grow up in church (and if so, what kind) or did you find the Lord later in your life?

vbailey

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 9
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Valerie
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 10:20:03 AM »
Yes the entire text did not appear as written.

My name is Valerie and my husband and I have been married for almost 25 years.  I first want to say thank you to God for who He is and to the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.  I am also grateful to be part of this church because the teaching is from the KJV bible only and not according to tradition. 

I am usually very guarded about sharing my life and myself with others, but I need to trust the Lord.  Well here I go.  My mom raised my two older siblings and me alone because my father abandoned us when I was two years old. We did not grow up knowing God and I only have two memories about attending church.   Yet I can remember praying at bedtime.  For a significant time of my life, I was angry and took it out on others.  I followed the instruction of several authors, psychologists and various atheists for defining happiness and how to live a successful life.  I searched for those things which satisfied my selfish desires and allowed me to love myself first above all else.   

Approximately, 16 years ago, and a few months before my mothers passing, a woman I knew told me about Jesus. I believe a few weeks later, I visited her church and repeated the sinners prayer.  Attending her church did not work out, and after a couple of visits, I began attending another Pentecostal Church.  I repeated the sinners prayer again; but this time I was more serious about it.  I was born again now and believed I had eternal life.  So I thought.  A few years later, my husband joined me at a Christian event and repeated the sinners prayer and we began attending a different church together. Even though our life changed for the better, something was still not quite right.   We visited several churches of different denominations:  Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, St. Mary

Reed Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 10:29:46 AM »
Valerie,  I can see you got cut off again.  Are you using the preview button to check your post?  Hope you continue with your intro.  I for one am intrigued and listening intently.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 10:39:35 AM »
No, it's because of what it says at the top in the news section:
The forum software doesn't like foreign apostrophes, and will sometimes cut off your posts if you use them. This can happen by copy/pasting from other formats, or by using a smartphone. If you are having problems, avoid use of symbols, like apostrophes, quotations, or dashes, and that should solve the problem.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 11:28:19 AM »
I explained that to her before she even made her post and she said she tried to remove all the apostrophes and quotation marks but it looks like she missed one.

She just told me over Skype that she's getting frustrated with it and will try again tomorrow after giving her brain a rest. The injury she had a few years ago doesn't allow her to always function properly.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 12:06:21 PM »
I get frustrated with it too, and I wish I could fix it. I've posted stuff on this forum about it, no one else understands it any better than I do, and there's nothing more I can do.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

hashed

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Yeb
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 02:59:57 PM »
It seems to me Simple Machines does not have an official solution for this problem.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Why_do_I_have_partially_blank_or_missing_text_in_posts

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 03:03:25 PM by hashed »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 05:25:05 PM »
That's because it's not a problem on their end.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 09:49:45 PM »
Valerie posted a continuation of her introduction but started a new thread to do it. I asked her to redo it here on this thread but she's still having trouble comprehending what she needs to do so I'm posting it here for her and I will delete the other thread:

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

and others.  I attended church on a weekly basis and bible study. I gave my tithes, gave out tracts, cleaned the sanctuaries, prayed with others and made myself available to the pastor as needed.  Meanwhile, I listened to preaching from Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Benny Hinn, Paula White, Steven Anderson and more.  Yet, I felt compelled to continue my search for truth because something was still not quite right.  I was confused with the various teachings and needed to know which pastor was correct.  One of them had to be correct.    I continued researching and listening to various sermons which made me even more confused.
In 2013, I sustained a head injury and have some cognitive and visual problems.  But thank you Lord, my career ended and I was able to be the wife and homemaker as described in the Bible.   I felt wonderful  when I finally read the entire Bible within one year.  A milestone had been achieved and I was in good standing with God.  I continued to listen to different sermons on YouTube and the Lord led me to the 501C3 teaching on the YouTube channel of Creation Liberty Evangelism.  I was taken back and amazed about how these churches were not biblical.   At some point, I discovered the website for Creation Liberty Evangelism.  I tried numerous times to send an email, but failed in having it delivered; I was doing something wrong.  Meanwhile, I left the 501c3 church and began working with a street preacher who was a Ruckmanite.  I assisted in labeling and giving out tracts, I gave tithes and offerings, and when possible encouraged others to say the sinners prayer. I thought finally, I was not only saved, but now I was actively serving the Lord according to His will, so I thought.
 As time passed, I continued to listen to the YouTube teachings conducted by Chris and another attempt was made to send an email to Creation Liberty Evangelism.  This time it worked and was I so very happy.  In addition to his YouTube channel, I learned there are more teachings on the website.  I also began reading the book, Marriage, What Every Christian Should Know.  When I learned about the pagan rituals, the biblical history of marriage, and the defined roles for husband and wife, I experienced deep sorrow and pain because of my disobedience. God in  I had been given the gift of a heart of repentance for my sins against God.  God in His mercy revealed to me  what I had been searching for all of these years.  Today, I believe and know what Jesus Christ, my Savior did for me on the cross and I only have a glimpse of Gods mercy in my life.  Through the word of God, the Holy Spirit reveals to me the standards of Gods holiness and how much I deserve death and His wrath.   King David expresses my condition best in Psalm 51 verse 3, For I acknowledge my transgressions and my sin is ever before me. Through my tears and with a heart of repentance, I now truly praise and thank the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.  I am so grateful and give all honor to God.  He is deserving of all praise and glory. I need Him so much.
In closing, I am scared at the thought that the Lord Jesus Christ will respond on that day, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7 verse 23 KJV.  It is my desire to follow Jesus and obey his commandments Thou shalt love the Lord they God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Matthew 22 verse 37   And the second is like unto it, shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.  Matthew 22 verse 39 KJV

May His will be done in our lives.

Valerie

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 08:10:18 AM »
Valerie,

Thank you so much for sharing that testimony!!!  I am so happy the Lord worked in your life through his Word and you found CLE!  Welcome.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Reed Scott

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 09:23:15 AM »
Wow Valerie.  A very moving testimony.  Your telling of it is compelling and very moving.  I can truly relate to your struggle with working through false teaching and 'wrong' churches.  You mention your injury and subsequent problems but it does not show in your writing.  I pray you now have the peace you have been searching for.  It sounds like you do. 

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 11:34:43 AM »
Valerie, it is SO good to have you here :-)
Thank you for sharing your testimony. 

And I am thanking the Lord God for bringing you to us, that you found us.
It truly is a wonderful blessing to me, to have found this group of people here, who seek the Truth and where we can continue to grow strong in our Faith.

Welcome to the group :-)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 04:03:04 PM »
Hi Valerie

A welcome from me too.  It is always so pleasing to hear or read of others who have a love of the truth and have a knowing that what is happening in the usual visible "churches" is not right and then continue looking for a gathering of people who truly love and obey God and His word. I'm glad God got you out of those and brought you here and you have found close and caring friends.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

CharlesKeys

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 06:44:34 PM »
What a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing.