Author Topic: GREETINGS FROM MESA, ARIZONA  (Read 346 times)

Offline Lance Baker

• (LVL0) Newly Registered
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Lance
  • Belief: Christianity
GREETINGS FROM MESA, ARIZONA
« on: October 08, 2017, 11:57:11 PM »
Hello everyone,
Lance Baker from Mesa, Arizona!    I am quite excited to that I have found this site - rather might I say that I am quite excited that the Holy Ghost led me to this site!

For openers, let's get age out of the way - I am 52 yrs young, still skateboard, build model ships and trains, can fix, repair and remodel just about anything I set my mind too.   I am married and have two daughters, 28 and 24 years old.   Oh, and our 28 year old is expecting in November.   Yeah, I will be that cool grandpa that can skateboard. 

Secondly, I am King James only, I loathe today's so-called Christian Rock, I agree that many of the hymns are boring, but there are some that are uplifting at times, and I believe that speaking in tongues was applicable, timely and needed for a previous time and place.   And was a miracle for that era, that we can examine today as being just that - a miracle.  However, I believe that all of the other gifts, and many more from the Holy Ghost, remain with us today and that we are tasked to find those that we can best use to further the Kingdom of our Master, Jesus Christ.

I was adopted as a newborn by wonderful Christians, who were very intent on raising my brother, sister (also adopted) and I in good churches.   And indeed, many years ago there were very redeeming things taken place in those churches.   Lives were being changed, people were actually bringing their Bibles to church and reading and learning from them, and pastors were doing a pretty good job of "shepherding" their flocks.   The mindset then was still "Plop, Pray and Pay" just as it is today, and granted the churches back then were not perfect, but far better than what we see going on today.

After my college years, I wondered in and out of various churches.   After getting married, it was the same thing.   In fact, I stepped away from the church altogether for about 5 years and never attended.  About 10 years ago, something started weighing on my soul in regards to what I was experiencing while attending "modern churches".   The Holy Ghost was opening my eyes to the fact that something was not right.   

Sunday after Sunday I sat there, doing the same old things and expecting something to change.   Sunday are Sunday I was silenced by a system that had no desire to hear from me, no desire for me to hear from others, and no desire to change.   The Holy Ghost showed me that the system was corrupt, broke, and was never intended to be this way.   I began to question everything the church was doing.  And moreso, I began to question pastor and preachers about this.   And trust me, it did not sit well with any of them.   After only one meeting, it generally resulted in my family and I exiting the church with haste.   I literally saw the evil and disdain that one pastor had for anyone that questioned his authority.   To the point that I knew he wanted me out of "his" church.

So here we are today -- October 2017.   My wife and I, and many, many others, have just exited a church that we thought was something we could call home.   And for the same reasons that we exited all the rest -- because of a system that basically is corrupt and in no way, shape or form, the church that our Master, Jesus, planned them to be.   We have walked out of what will probably be the last "modern church" we ever attend.

My goal for my wife and I, and for many other Christians we know here in Arizona, is to form a church as close to and as similar to what was intended by our Master.   A church built on the principles and foundation that was laid by the 1st  Century Christians.  And I am fully convinced that the Holy Ghost is calling us to perform this work.   I believe that he knows the triumphal return of Jesus is near, but there must be a "Bride" (the Church) who is waiting for her "Groom".   And the Holy Ghost needs his followers to be ready to proclaim his greatness and Kingship over this world upon his return.   What kind of return will it be for the "King of King's and Lord of Lords" if there are none left to proclaim him upon his return?    It is we, those who have been called to this forum, and to other similar forums and websites that are now tasked to get the "Bride" ready.

I am hoping to meet many here on this forum that are of a like mind, and ready for the task at hand.

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 43
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: GREETINGS FROM MESA, ARIZONA
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 08:00:10 AM »
Well, there's quite a few people here who have had the same problem. We've had more hindrance from pastors and church buildings in getting the work of the Gospel done than from the rest of the world. Don't misunderstand, there are plenty of enemies outside the church buildings, but within them, it's like a prison, and most church-goers just attend day in and day out without every understanding it.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1Co 2:14

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 03:23:31 PM »
Hi Lance

Welcome to the forum and I hope you fit right in and become one of the established members of the group. 

I enjoyed reading your introduction.  There sure is a lot of nonsense going on in the church buildings out there and when they don't want to start taking heed to having things pointed out to them then the only option for the serious Christian is to leave them behind and continue one's Christian life looking for other honest and serious Christians to fellowship with.

I look forward to you being a part of the discussions here.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Lance Baker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:16:40 AM »
KEVIN / CHRISTOPHER,
Thanks so much for even taking to time to read my introduction -- which was a tad longer than it needed to be.

Indeed, I am hoping to be able to meet others and being a contributing member of this site.   There very few sites that we can turn to regarding this topic, and in most cases, there is also no individuals we can talk to about this, as most today are either complacent, afraid, or think we are crazy to even think that there is something wrong with "man's modern church".

My feeling is rather than talking about what we see going on today, I believe we need to get busy acting.   What will it take for each of us to form a local church modeled after that of the 1st Century?   Rest assured it will be difficult.  But that is exactly what I am hoping to do here in Arizona. 

OH, on another note -- my Forum Profile show Belief as "OTHER"   I thought I specifically checked Christian.   How does one go about changing that.   I attempted several different areas of the section regarding profiles.    Any thoughts???

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 5
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 01:51:43 AM »
Hi Lance,
many truthseekers have been disappointed by men/churches. Jesus Christ allready told us there would be a great falling away and that the remnant of HIS church would scarse.  Matthew 7: 13, Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14, Because2 strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
I have seen so many churches and denominations myself, and learned along the way much about (false) doctrine and discovered many false teachers. Yet I am always comforted by the thought that there is nothing new under the sun, ansd that Our Lord has predicted all of this, and that all this needs to come to pass before He comes back. I also found out that because of lack of 'good'churches I lean not unto men, but read,study, pray mostly by myself and teach my own children. My relationship with Christ has become stronger because of that and I believe what I teach my children day in day out, they would never have been taught by any pastor or church.
Remember:
Romans 8:  27, And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
    28, And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
    29, ¶ For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    30, Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
    31, ¶ What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
    32, He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
    33, Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
    34, Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
    35, Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
    36, As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
    37, Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
    38, For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
    39, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Welcome to the forum , Lance.
May the Lord be nigh unto you and your family.
Masha

Offline Suelong88

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 4
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Susan
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 09:01:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum Lance!  :)

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 09:18:50 AM »
Hi Lance!

I, too, look forward to hearing what you have to say by joining in our discussions. Just out of curiosity, how did you come across the CLE website? Have you checked out any of our weekly Google Hangout sessions that are live streamed on YouTube?

Offline TonyaJ

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Chicken Whisperer
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 09:29:04 AM »
 Hello Lance! Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed introduction. I enjoyed reading it. I’m so glad you could join us here.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 2 Cor. 6:17

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 12:33:31 PM »
OH, on another note -- my Forum Profile show Belief as "OTHER"   I thought I specifically checked Christian.   How does one go about changing that.   I attempted several different areas of the section regarding profiles.    Any thoughts???
I took care of it.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15

Offline anvilhauler

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 37
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 12:40:04 AM »
I was silenced by a system that had no desire to hear from me, no desire for me to hear from others, and no desire to change.

LOL, you and I must have almost attended the same church building  ;D

The really big difference I have found with the church here is that full participation is encouraged and even expected and having this forum means that any topic can be discussed and Biblical truth brought out.  Even if someone is genuinely in error but humble then they are treated very well.  The good thing is there are no "pastors" but rather everyone looks after eachother but there is the eldership and that is totally Biblical for them to be in the position they are.

I literally saw the evil and disdain that one pastor had for anyone that questioned his authority.   To the point that I knew he wanted me out of "his" church.

LOL, that sounds familiar.  I wouldn't be surprised if I heard my last church had a big celebration when they knew I wasn't coming back.  The "pastors" could have been jumping for joy especially since I wasn't giving them any money.

Note to self:  If you ever get a farm, never get a wolf to protect the sheep.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Offline Lance Baker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 01:01:40 AM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, and thanks Christopher for adjusting my profile.   

Jeanne, to answer your question on how I stumbled across CLE, I did a string search on "is a one pastor system Biblical", which literally mirrored the article that Christopher wrote.   After reading that, the rest of the site was an easy sell.   I appreciate how so much on this site is backed up by versus.   

Indeed, I look forward to hearing from each of you and certainly appreciate what Masha and AnvilHauler offered as well.  Many wisely chosen versus.   

And as both noted, there is indeed alot of nonsense going on today in "man's modern churches".   I personally think the word "corrupt" is a fitting term.  Similar to how our government has strayed so far away from it's founding, so to have the churches, but they've been at it for about 1800 years longer.

Offline Lance Baker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 01:19:45 AM »
AnvilHauler - funny about attending the same churches.   City after city, state after state --- they just seem to be set on that same old broken model that they were given. 

And to think of the masses that have left them, never to return again.   The term for them are "the Dones".  We and they are DONE with today's churches and many churches are seeing it, but they refuse to acknowledge "the Dones".   Sadly, many of the Dones will turn from off the path, and eventually fall into the trappings of this vile world.   Those are the ones we need to reach out to with this forum.

Seems anyone searching for a church today has only two and a half choices in regards to what's available today  -  The Dying Traditional Church  -or-  The House of Entertainment.    The one half of the equation is my all time favorite which offers a Traditional Service at 9:00AM and a Contemporary Service at 11:00AM".    Classic nonesense !!!    Do they not see that they have effectively driven a wedge right down the center of their church.   Division at it's finest.

But again, herein lies our challenge for we who still want to fellowship and follow The Master's call.   And that is to find more like-minded believers and form our own local body of believers.   

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 02:45:55 AM »
But again, herein lies our challenge for we who still want to fellowship and follow The Master's call.   And that is to find more like-minded believers and form our own local body of believers.   

You're lucky if you actually know such people. Most of us feel very isolated in that the only people we know who even claim to be Christians are part of the corrupt New Age church system and don't want to leave it. I attended a church building that was renting space above the shops in a local mall until I started realising how very far off the truth they were. Sometime after I left, they decided they couldn't afford the rent on the space they were using anymore and now meet in a pub!

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »
Seems anyone searching for a church today has only two and a half choices in regards to what's available today  -  The Dying Traditional Church  -or-  The House of Entertainment.    The one half of the equation is my all time favorite which offers a Traditional Service at 9:00AM and a Contemporary Service at 11:00AM".    Classic nonesense !!!    Do they not see that they have effectively driven a wedge right down the center of their church.   Division at it's finest.
They won't split because when they split the people, they also split the money. So instead, they build a larger building without more expensive facilities. Just go with the plan; forget the fact that you could have two smaller, more manageable and tight-knit churches in two different locations that is more convenient and cost efficient for the whole, and can reach more people with the "truth"... as long as the pastor keeps his hefty paycheck, that's what's really important.

Offline ericmonge84345

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL4) Experienced
  • Edification: -4
    • View Profile
    • My E-folio
  • First Name: Eric
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 09:56:21 PM »
Hi Lance! (feels like i'm greeting a mercenary)
So close yet so far away, look forward to chatting to you on Skype!
I am glad to see the Church of Christ is not all that small(yet still a remnant)

*Waves from Peoria*
Let us start a new day!