Author Topic: I'm Finished  (Read 2518 times)

Nate

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Nathan
  • Belief: Christian
I'm Finished
« on: May 22, 2019, 05:47:54 PM »
Christian people, I'm finished here. Chris and Tim, please don't send any emails, because I will not be making any more responses to you. I pray God leads you to repentance and to the realization that Chris is self conceited and Pharisaical!

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: I'm Finished
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 06:04:52 PM »
Nate come on man don't do this. What Chris said to you in other post you are taking in wrong. You are letting your emotions lead you to say all this stuff and not taking time to calm down think then reply. You have explosive anger and I know it takes years to get out of it for I was once like that. It takes a mighty god to take it away over night

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 07:55:14 PM »
Thank you Nate, that's a blessing to us. We can't babysit you forever; we just don't have the time. Your leaving allows us to get back to work in peace, so thank you for leaving as peacefully as you know how.
Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.
-Proverbs 22:10
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Reed Scott

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 08:24:53 PM »
Thank you Nate, that's a blessing to us. We can't babysit you forever; we just don't have the time. Your leaving allows us to get back to work in peace, so thank you for leaving as peacefully as you know how.
Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.
-Proverbs 22:10

Chris,  I have a sense of where Nate is coming from.  Personally I am way too timid to rebuke miscreants and false teachers as you do.  Maybe I'll get there with The Lord's help.  Obviously Nate doesn't get it either.  I have now carefully listened to many many hours of your teaching and though occasionally I tremble at your words ( timid me ) I find no fault with your rebukes.  I know intimately given my own experience how right you are about the huge majority of church buildings and those who sit in them.  And you are always careful to remind your listeners that your rebukes are not universally aimed at ALL churchgoers or all pastors/elders.

Yet I am literally driven to reach the few Christian friends I have.  I think about them all the time.  Too much really.  Two of them,  a couple,  are probably false converts.  The wife is sold out to pre-trib. The guy espouses cheap/free grace and will expound upon his doctrine forcefully.  I'm thinking next time I get with him ( his wife is HIS problem ) I'm going to ask him to give me the run down again of his 'free' grace.  He can lay it out in two sentences.  Just as he finishes I'm going to look him in the eye and say ....IF.  He'll say,  if what, or .... insist that there are no ifs.  Then I'll say,  Grace is not free to all.  It is free only to the repentant and obedient, faithful followers of Jesus Christ.

He'll listen but probably grow distant in future.  I've told him for years he needs to read his bible.  I pray he will.

Chris

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 11:13:40 PM »
Chris,  I have a sense of where Nate is coming from.  Personally I am way too timid to rebuke miscreants and false teachers as you do.  Maybe I'll get there with The Lord's help.

I can also relate to what you are saying.  I don't believe our senses are as sharp.  You can see by the conversations on this forum including the wild emails that Johnson is frequently attacked for his biblical teachings.  These examples don't include the emails that he receives and doesn't share.

Hebrews 5:12-14 KJV
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. [13] For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. [14] But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

I pray too that in time I will not be in need of the milk of the Word and will be ready for strong meat.  Having our senses exercised will allow us to have better discernment.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 12:36:36 AM »
I'm sitting here trying to think of something to say, and I can't think of anything expect this:
I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
-2Ti 4:1-5

To 'charge' means to "lay upon you as a duty." This means that we are all charged with preaching the word, being instant (or with a since of urgency) both in season (i.e. when it's convenient for those to hear) and out of season (i.e. when it's inconvenient), to correct them and rebuke their unrighteous imaginations in the thoughts of their hearts because the time is coming when they will not longer hear sound doctrine. The days are getting worse, fewer are willing to hear, and yet the church buildings teach that everything is fine and that there is a coming and great revival in America and around the world, which so much reminds me of the days before the Babylonian captivity in Jerusalem in the days of Jeremiah, because the unbelieving Jews taught the same false prophecies.

Speaking to that man (not his wife, which I totally understand; let the men handle their wives, or let the women police the other women) is not any greater or less than what I do every day. It is the same work under the same charge that Paul taught us, and what men like Nate do not understand is that, once the contention is gone, and we all see the truth of a matter, it only unites stronger under the Lord Jesus Christ to do His will. He thought he was going to get some sort of revenge by his posts, but he only helped confirm the truth of Scripture when it describes scoffers and scorners, which in turn strengthens our faith in God's Word that we should not turn aside to all these leavened preachers, and just stand firm on His grace and mercy, that His Spirit alone will teach us and protect us.

I don't know what else to say.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18