Author Topic: Husband of a rebellious wife does the right thing  (Read 4573 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Husband of a rebellious wife does the right thing
« on: May 26, 2019, 10:49:25 PM »
Last night, while preaching outside of the Eric Church concert (filthy county music that heavily promotes drunkenness and drug abuse), an angry woman pushed over Tim's bullhorn and busted it.
Fortunately, after some police interaction, the husband of that angry woman did the right thing and paid Tim for the damage.
It is for situations like this that I always bring my small amplifier.  We had to use it for the several thousand people that surrounded us over the next couple of hours as they were on their way into the stadium.
The rest of the evenings preaching will be posted in a few weeks since I have several 'preaches' to process before this one.

https://youtu.be/Wvz7lVif660
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 10:51:29 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Husband of a rebellious wife does the right thing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 11:56:37 PM »
It's a shame that woman was so childish to make her husband suffer the consequences for her foolishness and rage. I pity the man.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 11:58:24 AM »
What was being preach that made her so mad?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 12:03:02 PM »
What was being preach that made her so mad?

I think it may have been because Tim was preaching against abortion.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 06:53:52 PM »
The officer said he "didn't tell her to leave." That was TECHNICALLY true, but he DID tell her to "walk on," which is taken to mean that she should leave the area. Basically, what he did was encouraged her to the leave the scene of a crime, which is illegal. Thus, he encouraged her to perform an illegal action without first considering if the owner of the property wanted to press charges.

I understand wanting to de-escalate a situation, as that is their job, and I appreciate them doing their job. Whether the police like you guys or not, they're keeping everyone safe, including you all; however, he didn't do what was right in that situation. Hopefully, we can have understanding with him, as those types of situations are not necessarily a daily thing for police officers, and sometimes, even they get taken back by how people act, but the main point is that he did not confess that he initially took the wrong action and said the wrong thing.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 09:32:35 PM »
That particular officer ended up staying near us for the rest of the evening. Probably about 2 hours. He did a good job monitoring the situation and keeping the peace from that point on.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 09:43:01 PM »
I pray that he heard something that would change his heart. That would be the biggest blessing to both him and you.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 07:43:45 PM »
Can't wait to listen to this one all the way through.  I've been enjoying listening to your all's street preaching.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 08:20:51 PM »
The boys and I really enjoy your street preaching videos.  They remind us that when we are questioned to simply stick to God's Word.  So no matter what happens around us, we can trust the Word of God to have the answers.  It is not always easy to remember that under pressure.

I am just stunned at how hatefully that woman attacked.  Chris is right, they should have detained her nearby, I am glad they stuck around and kept the peace AND whether they intended to listen or not, they heard the Word of God.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 09:52:50 PM »
The boys and I really enjoy your street preaching videos.  They remind us that when we are questioned to simply stick to God's Word. 

I often watch other street preachers. Not only to see how they respond to people, but to hear the questions, objections and heckles. Then I can consider who I should respond. Kind of like getting the test questions ahead of time, I suppose.  8)