Author Topic: Huge Sports Idolatry in Nashville  (Read 4942 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Huge Sports Idolatry in Nashville
« on: April 25, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »
The NFL draft is taking place in Nashville starting today through the weekend.
The guys will be hitting the streets there today and I will be joining them on Friday and Saturday all day long. The National Football League draft session takes place every year and is an epic event of idolatry and revelry.
Personally, I had no clue about the sheer magnitude at this event until it came here to middle Tennessee this year. There are supposed to be up to 300,000 people coming into Nashville for this event.
The guys will be showing up armed with letters from lawyers, just about as I am writing this message, that should allow them to enter the cordoned-off area with all of our usual preaching gear. The NFL has prohibited just about everything from being brought into the event. People are not allowed to even bring in bottled water or cigarettes. However, if everything goes well we will be able to bring in our banners, banner poles, amplification and whatever else we normally bring if all goes as planned.

Please pray that we will have favor with the authorities and that the seed of God's word will find a good ground amongst these people.

Again, here is the link to a video camera on lower Broad.
https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/usa/tennessee/broadway-nashville.html

You can see how the streets are only open to foot traffic.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Huge Sports Idolatry in Nashville
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 12:57:05 PM »
That's an interesting strategy, bring letters from lawyers. Sad that it has to come to that, but it makes sense. Just because they're a big-name organization, it doesn't mean they can come in and act like they own the place, making up whatever rules they want. The public pays for that space, not the NFL, and so we should humbly request that the Lord God would look favorably on you as you go into that area.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 01:08:24 PM »
I just received confirmation from Marvin that they have made it into the event with their equipment!
Amen!
Prayers answered!
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 08:27:03 AM »
A quick follow-up:

We had no problem with the authorities at the event, however the crowd was incredibly awful. It was nearly as debauched as a sodomite celebration, "Gay Pride". By the end of the day I was so stressed out that I chose to preach at the Earth Day celebration here in Murfreesboro instead.

I will post a link here to the first in the NFL draft series of videos when I get it processed, after that you all can follow along on my YouTube channel if you'd like.

Currently I am finishing up the Cherry blossom festival. Then I have the Godsmack concert preach to process. And then I will start on the NFL draft.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 10:44:36 AM »
You know what's funny.  I was going through the forum to find out if you've ever mentioned your youtube channel so that I could subscribe to it.  Went to your introduction first.  Come to find out that I was already subscribed to your channel.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 10:56:03 AM »
You know what's funny.  I was going through the forum to find out if you've ever mentioned your youtube channel so that I could subscribe to it.  Went to your introduction first.  Come to find out that I was already subscribed to your channel.
Yes, that is kind of funny. What is your YouTube channel username?

For anyone else all they have to do is click on the globe icon underneath my profile picture to get to my YouTube channel.

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 02:10:21 PM »
My youtube channel is Silas Cole with only one video "Great Doe Shot with Bow." I chose that name because I planned on using it for my son if he were ever born.  But God blessed me with girls instead.  I have over the years subscribed to many people that I should unsubscribe to.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 06:56:45 PM »
Here is part one of this ministry outreach:

https://youtu.be/NX4sBu4NCco