Author Topic: Ken Ham's Ark Encounter?  (Read 3373 times)

Nate

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Nathan
  • Belief: Christian
Ken Ham's Ark Encounter?
« on: May 21, 2019, 11:22:07 AM »
Ken Ham preaches about obeying and believing the Bible, but is anyone here just as troubled as I am about the huge waste of money the Ark Encounter is?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Christians shouldn't be able to enjoy museums and learning about Bible history. I don't think there's anything wrong with a Bible based museum per session. But the Great Commission of the Lord Jesus doesn't say anything about building Ark replicas or Creation museum and either. Shouldn't that money go to feed missionaries?

Now I'm wondering what Ken Ham believes about repentance too. Again, not trying to condemn anyone unscripturally. But I just don't see these attractions as obeying the Bible. I wonder if it's a sin to even pay money to visit them?

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
Re: Ken Ham's Ark Encounter?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:23:01 AM »
I'm sorry Chris. It looks like I posted this under the wrong category!

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »
Hi, Nate, my name is Caleb, It appears we are similar in many ways like ages. I talk about this before in a previous topic about Answers in Genesis. Chris helped me realize they were lying in many places like how they claim they never used taxpayer money to build the Ark. However, that is a complete lie and they actually did use tax money to create their useless roadside attraction. Does this help?
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 01:00:53 PM »
Hiya Caleb. Nice to meet you. Yeah I see many problems with Ken Ham, even though I do want to believe he is a saved man. But I've also caught Answers In Genesis writers lie about the King James Bible in it's translation choices as well. It's a shame.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 01:03:04 PM »
Nate, I think this says it the best: "It is better to learn and be alone in the light than remain in darkness with many".
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 01:25:01 PM »
Amen brother. A person must work out their own salvation with fear and trembling and have their own relationship with the Lord Jesus regardless of what other professing Christians do!

For example, I may agree with Ken Ham on many creation and Genesis issues, but that doesn't mean the facts of Genesis or Creation rely on Ken Ham for anything. The Bible is credible and true with or without Ken Ham.

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 04:19:36 PM »
I see what you're saying Nate, but we cant work our own salvation.  It's given by God.     Ephesians 2: 8-9     8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 04:32:18 PM »
Hi Zachary,

I'm sorry about that brother. I didn't mean we're saved by works, I was quoting Philippians 2:12, and please know that's not what that verse is saying. I should have been more clear on that!

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 04:33:52 PM »
As a matter of fact Zach, Philippians 2:12 is explained in the very next verse in Philippians 2:13 what it meant about "working"!

zachshrader

• Born Again Christians
  • Edification: 21
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Zachary
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 04:35:29 PM »
oops.  sorry about that,, thank you!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 04:39:20 PM by zachshrader »

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 04:45:01 PM »
No problem brother. If I saw or heard someone say that line from that verse and wasn't thinking about Philippians 2:12, I would've said the same thing or at least made sure they understood what that verse meant. As one preacher said one time, "you can't work salvation out, if God hasn't worked it in!" And even that statement must be understood only in the context of Philippians 2:12-13! Other wise someone could really mess themselves up in false doctrine!

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 04:45:31 PM »
Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

When referencing Scripture, it is always helpful to have the full passage written out here. I realise this may be difficult to do from a smart phone, though.

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 04:46:57 PM »
So true! Thank you Jeanne! :)