Author Topic: Righteous anger versus sinful anger  (Read 2068 times)

Nate

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Nathan
  • Belief: Christian
Righteous anger versus sinful anger
« on: May 21, 2019, 01:20:07 PM »
One of the hardest things to learn as a Christian (as I recently have) is the very important difference between righteous, godly anger and fleshy, sinful anger.

I have had many occasions where I have justified my sinful anger problem by the Lord's righteous anger that we read about in Matthew 23 and other places.

When God gets angry in scripture, it's because of the disobedience and wickedness of men. That holy anger and indignation is totally righteous and justified. But "The LORD is slow to anger..." as Nahum 1:3 tells us, and as James 1:20 says "For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God." I admit that I get angry when O hear an atheist mock God, I get angry when a so-called Christian mocks or ridicules the King James Bible.

But throughout my life I have had a sinful anger problem as well. The Bible also says in Ephesians 4:31 "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:" You can't claim to follow Christ and let anger reign in your life, and disobey that verse. I'm not saying you're going to lose your salvation by sinning, but you can't let that sin reign and continue in your life and disobey the Bible. The difference I have found between righteous anger and sinful anger is that sinful anger arises out of your own hurt pride and misunderstandings and the root of bitterness Hebrews 12:15 talks about. May the Lord rid all of us of unrighteous anger!

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: Righteous anger versus sinful anger
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 01:59:10 PM »
You brought up a interesting topic. I have met and have been a anger raging men. Where the smallest thing can set them in a anger rage. I get angry at least once a day. I work hard to settle my anger quickly and hold back my emotions from leading me to speak or think by them. I live in a place where lies seems to be an addiction. I know we all are and have lied but I have never seen it at this scale. It has affected us greatly. Bible says you hate them who your lies affect. This brings me to anger so much. But if I act on the emotions then I will be doomed.

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 03:01:42 PM »
Right Billy! Another thing about righteous anger is that it NEVER leads to sin. Any anger that ends in sin on the part of the person who is the one angry proves that there is flesh involved.

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 05:21:50 PM »
Chris, if you don't repent of your self righteousness, you may very well be shut out of the Kingdom!

Chris,
I admit that I sinned against you when I got angry and accused you of being a self righteous Pharisee by questioning my testimony-Ecclesiastes 7:9. I knew in my spirit that there was leaven and pride in you but I accused you without having any solid evidence. THAT was what the Lord convicted me about, THAT and the fact that I even entered dialogue with you or your forum without reading everything you believe first and that I threatened you with a lawsuit that I knew was a stupid statement. You do have some good stuff, but it's all overshadowed by your rash condemnation of good Christians like Mike Hoggard and your accusing churches of having a "devil's church" by having 501c3 status, and other stupidities. After prayer I knew there was something wrong with you spiritually, and that I shouldn't have anything to do with you, but I wanted so bad to be wrong about that and have fellowship with a person I wanted to believe was a good Christian.

You accused me with many false accusations in this post and YOU are the one who has sinned this time!  I just KNEW that you think yourself to be some kind of authority for other Christians and act like a Protestant pope. I have news for you, you're not my pastor and you're not my leader. Also, you're foolish because you have this false confidence about who is going to Heaven and who isn't with statements like "Johnny Cash went to Hell" "Peter Ruckman went to Hell" etc How do you know that!? You really don't. You don't know what went on between God and those men in their last days! Also, I've found that with your statement of people speaking in tongues as all being "Satanic gibberish", you've lumped false tongues with genuine moves of the Spirit and have inadvertently blasphemed through your stupidity. You are a satanic accuser of the brethren no matter how many things you get right and no matter how right you are about people like Billy Graham and Steven Anderson, you are a self conceited false accuser (2 Timothy 3:3, Revelation 12:10) and I'm sorry I've wasted so much time with you. I really wanted to give you another chance. NOW we're done. I want you to delete my account and I never want anything more to do with you or your forum or your church. And remember, I will stay born again and in Christ regardless of your pride and stupidity no matter what you accuse me of.