Author Topic: Lunaticks  (Read 1937 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Lunaticks
« on: June 04, 2019, 02:18:57 AM »
I know Chris is writing an article / book at the moment on mental health issues but I thought I would post this anyway even though it will no doubt be covered in Chris' article / book.

Matthew 4 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. 24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

By what is written above it definitely seems that being possessed with devils and being lunatick might be two different things.  I am in no way defending the taking of "medication" that is in the world today but I do wonder if being lunatick might be caused by a disorder of the brain just as blindness, deafness and inability to walk might have been caused by physical disorders.

I went back and had a listen to this section in Chris' audio teaching but at that stage in the Biblical teaching there is no expansion on this as a topic.  For anyone who is interested this part of scripture is at 22:38 in the teaching

Study #0160 [Dec 25, 2016]
1st Half--Scripture reading from Matthew 3-4
2nd Half--The Truth About Feminism pt.1
(Claims of Feminism vs What Feminists Actually Believe)
https://ia802501.us.archive.org/6/items/bereansonline0160/bereansonline0160.mp3

In the account below the boy's father might have thought his son was lunatick but his diagnosis was incorrect and what he didn't know was that his son was possessed with a devil and that only became apparent when Jesus cast it out.

Matthew 17 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying, 15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. 16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. 17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. 18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

I'll happily admit that I don't necessarily know the answers but I do doubt that God would not be forthcoming with some type of care if the tormented person was earnestly seeking His help.

Luke 11 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)