Author Topic: A new Christian book on dinosaurs  (Read 4076 times)

Nate

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Nathan
  • Belief: Christian
A new Christian book on dinosaurs
« on: May 21, 2019, 06:54:57 PM »
I am asking everyone's opinion here. I like dinosaurs and God getting glory for creating them.
 I was in the process of writing a book on dinosaurs in the Bible titled God's Monsters. But there have been so many books written on dinosaurs from the Biblical view that I really don't see a need for another one. Do most of you feel the same way? Why or why not?

Thanks all!

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
Re: A new Christian book on dinosaurs
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 07:05:55 PM »
I think it is a good idea, I did say I would like to be a zoologist author. How about many said to be extinct animals that aren't a dinosaur and rarely ever get seen anywhere like this:
or this:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 02:45:16 PM »
There are a lot of dinosaurs books out there but what I see out of them is they take the word from bible hating so called experts. What you see in Main stream about dinosaurs is not as it appears in reality. Have you ever noticed they show models and drawing of dinosaurs but never them digging out the bones. They will show you it all put together but not all the parts found. Look it up and you will see what I am getting at

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 10:31:54 PM »
You made a very good point, Billy! I remember when I was growing up, they always showed us one called a Brontosaurus. Then they 'realised' they put the wrong head on it and called it something else.

There are so many instances where they take bones from a very wide area and try to make them fit together. 'Lucy' is a good example of that. Some of the bones they put with her were found over a mile away from the main parts!

I don't believe we can know for sure how any of these animals looked when they were alive. How can you tell from bones alone whether an animal was a reptile or a mammal?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 10:37:20 PM »
Jeanne, recently brontosaurus has been found to be a real animal! Reptiles lack nasal turbinals (allows an animal to regulate temperature), have multiple jaws bones (mammals have one bone for their jaws), reptiles usually have teeth that are all the same, and more traits which belong only to reptiles. Does that make sense?
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 11:36:51 PM »
Thank you for explaining the difference between the skeletons of reptiles and mammals. However, that doesn't explain how they now believe the Brontosaurus actually existed after they changed the name to Brachiosaurus.

Fact: Bones exist.

Fact: You can only know that bones go together when a skeleton is found intact

Fiction: Finding single bones or partial skeletons and speculating on what the rest of the animal looked like

Fiction: Taking bones from many different areas and trying to make them fit together

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 09:06:20 AM »
I look it up, Jeanne. They put the wrong head on the body, the head belongs to Apatosaurus. They have been finding more and more differences between the real skeleton and the skeleton of the Apatosaurus. That's when they decided Brontosaurus could be classified as a real animal again.

Billy, you are correct in many cases. Remember, how I was saying that many so-called dinosaurs are birds? I had to find their skeletons to check to see if they had bird traits. I don't mean their models, I mean the skeletons they found after digging it out of the ground. Some were easier like the smaller one had complete skeletons but the larger ones had a few missing bones. Does this make sense?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 11:58:31 AM »
They can make up any excuse they want. They are only say what they can to cover their tracks. As long as they control the bones they control the evidence. When I was a kid there was only a couple of dinosaurs that walk upright. Today it seems most do. Dinosaurs I grew up with seem to be gone. I have look for them and if I am lucky I get a Name and info but no pictures. If you found a animal today that is Same as a dinosaurs tomorrow that Dino will poof disappear but a new one made

samualyoder

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 09:35:49 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out if dinosaurs were created and lived among humans after he kicked them out of the garden of eden how humans survived?

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 08:29:00 PM »
Why would that be a problem? God initially created ALL animals to eat plants, anyway. Even if some of them did start eating meat after the fall, the earth was still a very big place and people were relatively few so it wouldn't have been hard for them to stay out of the dinosaurs' way.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 133
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 08:55:05 PM »
It is written. All you have to do is believe it.

Genesis 5:24  And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and 👉beast of the earth👈 after his kind: and it was so.

25  And God made the 👉beast of the earth👈 after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26  And God said, Let us 👉make man👈 in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

31  And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were 👉the sixth day👈.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.