Author Topic: The King James Bible versus the Occult  (Read 1763 times)

Nate

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Nathan
  • Belief: Christian
The King James Bible versus the Occult
« on: May 16, 2019, 11:02:56 AM »
In my testimony posted here, I talked about all the garbage I've read on Cryptozoology, Freemasonry, archaeology, alchemy, Atlantis, Holy Grail etc. For years and years I read book after book on that junk, and I'd like to share with everyone here the conclusion I reached after I got familiar with God's perfect Bible:

Next to reading, studying and knowing the King James Bible and having a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, there is NO excitement, NO joy, NO fulfillment, NO knowledge, NO holiness, NO satisfaction, NO contentment, and NO benefit from knowing all that stuff at all. There is just no contest.

The King James Bible is THE greatest Book of spiritual, historical, supernatural, zoological, moral, scientific, philosophical, pure, useful, practical, and fulfilling and satisfying knowledge there is, ever has been or ever will be this side of Heaven. If I had spent as much time in the Bible as I had that other junk, I would be a better Christian and a better and wiser person. It's good to know some of that stuff so you can refute it and cross reference what the Bible says about it, but no Christian should spend too much time on it. I can tell you that there simply is NO occult secret or mystery that's worth digging for that you can't already find in a King James Bible, and we should praise God for that fact!

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: The King James Bible versus the Occult
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 06:22:37 PM »
I have came up with same conclusion. When I stop all the out side study and used that time to study the bible, I found the bible had its own mysteries, places that have not been found yet and so on. All the stuff I once study lost its color and flavor. It became  like reading  the dictionary. There are enough things in the bible to keep one busy for a life time in mystery and discover

Nate

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Nathan
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 11:15:33 AM »
Amen Billy. I completely agree brother! I really wish I have spent more time about what the Bible says about anger and patience as much as I have about what the Bible says about dragons, angels, the Ark and other unusual things. Then I wouldn't have sinned the way I did toward Chris and Tim. I was a complete fool and dishonored my God. I am sorry if I discouraged you in any way!

strangersmind

• CLE Church Members
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 25
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »
I am glad you made it back. This the Lord's doing that you were able to contact Chris to repent. We need to study the bible on the basics first before we can get into the unusual things. Once you have a solid foundation then we can talk, study and seek out the unusual and mysterious of the bible. I am working on something right now on the visions of the bible and how there might be a way to be able to see some of the things in the visions. But I have no idea how to explain it or word it at this point. I can but to type it out on here I don't know where to begin