Author Topic: (ARTICLE) Halloween: Are Christians Lovers of Death?  (Read 313 times)

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
  • Edification: 42
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christianity
(ARTICLE) Halloween: Are Christians Lovers of Death?
« on: September 06, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »
http://creationliberty.com/articles/halloween.php

I'm posting this to add in the link for reading/posting comments on the article. It always amazes me that tons of people will make comments if they don't have to give their name, or if they don't have register an account like they do on this forum, but if they have to do something like that to make a comment, suddenly, it becomes too much of a burden for them. It is interesting to see how little conviction people actually have in relation to how much conviction they CLAIM to have.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15
CLE Website || Free Audio Teachings || Free Video Teachings

CHOSENBYJESUS

Re: (ARTICLE) Halloween: Are Christians Lovers of Death?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 01:51:20 AM »
I pray my daughter will print 5 pgs of the tract on halloween to pass out. Thank you for creating this website to help anyone who wants to serve Christ in a tangible way. Praying for all this ministry does. God bless

Offline Suelong88

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
  • Edification: 4
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Susan
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:35:47 AM »
"Happy Harvest!"  Come let your little ones dress up as demons to beg for poison!!  Because after eating cereal for breakfast, pizza and fries for lunch, and chicken nuggets and mashed potatoes for dinner our kids really need MORE SUGAR!!!  Well, I guess if they have skittles they're "eating the rainbow".   ;)

In all seriousness, every time I read this I get more angry!  People are living in denial.  And Christians, or "professed" Christians who participate in this stuff just make me mad.  Are you serious?  You want to glorify demons?  How is any of this edifying Christ??

Offline rollingh

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
  • Edification: 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 03:06:46 PM »
Halloween is getting to be a really big thing , I will not have anything to do with it , I will not have any treats , I will turn off my porch lights.
I have fallen my times more than seven time and I keep standing up and follow Jesus  the best I can , I rebuke this so called evil practice , everywhere I go, This evil so called holiday is in my face, news papers , the news , advertisements . If you follow the Lord  than keep away from halloween .

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:12 PM »
Timothy, you signed a registration agreement that required that you introduce yourself to everyone first. Please read the following: http://creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=4.0
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2Ti 2:15

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 06:52:56 AM »
Aaahhh !! This just blow my mind!!
Europe has started to 'celebrate' this satanic holiday also!! We can buy Halloween candy in the stores!! I thought Sinterklaas topped it all, but this is probably worse. Any body out there know the Sinterklaas tradition we have??? You should check it out , it is outrageous.
I was in the USA years ago around this time and was disgusted by all the creepy decorations. chopped off heads hanging in the tree, frontyard graveyards,... to much to name but yuk! My children were terrified.
We attended a celebration of a methodist chruch because they advertised they had rides,  we went to check it out. Appaling! churchmembers dressed as dracula's , zombies, witches, etc. Then the trunk or treat?? Are they serious??
Unbelievable people are able to mix all that evil stuff with their conscience in Christ..???...
I can't believe someone would even argue to justify this within a Christian life.

Offline Suelong88

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 11:29:02 AM »
I read an article yesterday from Pulpit & Pen about Halloween and couldn't believe what I read.  This is what they have for the "History" of Halloween:

HISTORY
First, Halloween is a “holiday” as the term defines it. It was designed as a “holy day.” Known originally as “All Hallows Evening,” it is celebrated the evening prior to “All Hallows Day.” That holiday (also known as “All Saints Day”) originated with the Roman Catholic church (Eastern Orthodox celebrate the holiday as well, but immediately following Pentecost) and is a “Holy Day of Obligation,” which is a day that idolaters are expected to attend Mass. Beginning with Pope Boniface IV (although not systematized until much later).

Now I'm questioning their content.  If this is what they believe, how can anything else they write have merit?

Offline creationliberty

• Administrator
  • (LVL7) Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 11:49:55 AM »
It's not that men cannot teach some truth; even wicked televagelists like Todd Bentley or Billy Graham will say that "Jesus Christ is Lord." But the Bible says:
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
-James 2:19

Even the devils fear God, so what does it mean? There needs to be a combination of works and profession of belief in the doctrines of God for us to discern the fruits of a man. If they profess something of the devil to be "Holy in Christ," then that is blaspheme, and if they will not hear rebuke, then we sanctify ourselves. Either that man is of Christ and he will come around to the truth in due time, or he's a false convert and he will stick to his guns because he's trying to justify a wicked celebration for the sake of giving a feel-good message to his listening (and paying) audience.

Offline rollingh

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 12:16:50 PM »
It looks like a very large part of the population in America celebrates Halloween , I wonder what the percentage is ?

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 01:40:03 PM »
Thankfully, Halloween has never really been a big deal here in Australia. (Too bad they don't feel the same about Christmas and Easter...) Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's spring here now.

Offline Masha

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL3) Commoner
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Masha
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 04:53:57 AM »
Hey Sue, when I did a search i also found an article about the origin, written buy a catholic priest. https://www.crossroadsinitiative.com/media/articles/truth-about-halloween/
it is obvious the catholics would do their best to justify their holiday at all cost.
i found more truth here: http://www.holidayinsights.com/halloween/facts.htm

Offline Suelong88

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL2) Sojourner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 08:17:02 AM »
Masha, I would expect that coming from Catholics, but not from this website.  They do well reporting on false preachers.  I guess it really is all about money.  They're probably 501c3.

Offline rollingh

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »
When I was living in Sidney NSW Australia , I did not pay any attention to Christmas , it was a time to go to the beach and do summer time activities. of course I was not a very good Christian back then and had no idea about Christmas being a pagan Holiday.

Offline Jeanne

• Global Moderator
  • (LVL 6) Dedicated
  • Edification: 36
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 01:10:51 PM »
I used to love Christmas as a kid but I never could be bothered with it once I grew up so it wasn't any great hardship for me not to celebrate it when I learnt the truth. I still like coloured lights, though...

Offline rollingh

• Born-Again Christian
  • (LVL1) Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 02:10:10 PM »
I can do without Christmas , but my family has different views , I explained that it is pagan , but all it does is to cause arguments , all I can do is to ask the Lord  for help , I can not force people to believe the real truth . I have forbidden to use the word Easter when  my family comes  over to dinner They can call it  resurrection day , no Easter baskets , no colored eggs , no bunnies , To me it is just another day , in fact all the days in this world is just another day , we are now living in a new covenant that does not include festivals , I am not perfect in my views , and may need to be corrected. I am in a struggle with all the times I fell to temptation over and over, much more than seven times  and I am talking about willful sinning , I don't want to fall again , I want to be assured of my salvation ,I know Jesus is the son of God , I know he died for my sins , I know he rose up to heaven , but I have walked away and then returned again not once , not twice , but over and over . I feel deep regret and shame for my past , I really rolled in the mud .
This why I joined this forum , to be in contact with KJV bible believing Christians , and to be corrected in the word.