Author Topic: Hello fellow Christians  (Read 21553 times)

Nate

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -13
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Nathan
  • Belief: Christian
Hello fellow Christians
« on: May 14, 2019, 03:01:47 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Nathan Beck (please call me Nate). I am a born again, Bible believing Christian, young earth Creationist, dinosaur enthusiast and Bible student. I am happy to be a part of Creation Liberty Forum :-)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Hello fellow Christians
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 05:22:55 PM »
Hello Nate. You may want to read this first, which was sticky at the top of the board this is in:
All New Members (READ THIS FIRST!)
Please don't just say "Hello." This forum isn't just some impersonal social media site. Keep in mind that we don't know who you are, and so writing a bit about yourself, your beliefs, how you found this site, why you joined, etc; all those types of details will help us get to know you a bit better, and we hope you enjoy conversing with born again Christians here.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 07:12:22 PM »
Welcome Nate. Yeah it would help us if you could tell us more about yourself. What can you tell us about how you got to be a young earth Creationist. You mentioned you read the King James in another thread. What led you to start reading that version?

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 07:52:03 PM »
Thanks guys. I've been saved for over 18 years and my story of faith is pretty long, but I'll summarize as much as I can. First, I was raised in a broken home by a single mother until I was 12 years old. That's when my mom couldn't take my shoplifting and skipping school anymore and so hunted down my dad, found him and so left me with him for four years without sol much as a phone call. I was a pretty bad kid and had broken most of the ten Commandments before third grade.

At 12 years of age I had to spend alot of time getting to know my dad and a bunch of people who didn't mean a whole lot to me at all. But then one of them stood out! My grandmother (dad's mom) was/is a great Christian woman of the Pentecostal persuasion and that's when I got in church and started reading the Bible. She introduced me to God in a way that nobody ever had before and I found out a whole lot of things about my parents and how they turned their backs on God (and that's all I'm going to say about that here). To summarize those four years: I went to church, read the Bible, and still sinned ALOT. I've committed sins that would make some of you think you weren't that bad after all.

Ugh, writing this has brought back allot of bad memories and exhausted me a little. Lemme take a break for a minute or two

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 08:11:45 PM »
Okay, so the first things to know about me is that I'm a bookworm and I love the unusual and paranormal and weird. In school, I devoured books on outerspace, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, movies monsters, dinosaurs, haunted houses, Ghost stories, aliens and UFO's, the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant, alchemy, pyramids, forbidden archaeology, lost cities, Mayan and Aztec studies, and other adventure and supernatural fare. Little did I know, God was being sneaky with all this lol. While reading all this junk I still had the Bible pretty much in the back of my head. And that's when it happened, I started diving into Biblical archaeology! Books by Nelson Glueck, William Albright, Ken Ham, Grant R. Jeffrey, John Hagee etc etc became my new reading material. All this and then I started listening to Johnny Cash and going to the Baptist Church with our neighbor Frances Porche, who I started out doing yard work for, and then we quickly became friends and talked about the Lord a lot and she invited me to start going to church with her. I've had so many Christian witnesses, let me tell ya folks. Not sure why, but God was out to get me one way or the other. I think my grandmother's prayers had alot to do with it. Ok, let me break here again please.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 443
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 08:27:59 PM »
Nate, I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but you have zero testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ in everything you wrote. Perhaps you don't understand yet, but many of the authors you said you read from, they're not of Christ, and neither was Johnny Cash. I mean, I'm not trying to put pressure on you to be some flawless writer; perhaps you were answering something specifically that I didn't realize from someone else, or was just relating where you came from, however... so far, I'm seeing someone who claims he's born again in Christ, but not seeing anything of the doctrine of Christ, repentance and faith, in what you're saying. I see a lot of the typical church-ianity stuff. Perhaps, as you post more here, I'll see something else because sometimes it's just a fluke, or an imprecision in writing, and I hope that is the case.

So far, it sounded like you were doing some bad stuff, then you got excited about God, and then suddenly you're a Christian? That's not how the Bible tells us men are saved. If you want to know more of what I'm talking about, this is a good place to start:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEI_H3QUb7Q
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 08:40:34 PM »
I mentioned that I started listening to Johnny Cash. Haha, some of you have no clue and need that one explained. Around 16 years old I finally started to explore music and find what I liked myself instead of just mom's hard rock and Dad's honky tonk. Johnny Cash was my intro to music that I liked without any influence from anyone. Well, soon enough I started listening to Johnny's gospel songs (he was a Christian after all, if compromised a little) and those songs got me to thinking about the Lord and my condition. Ok let me summarize this: Grandma's testimony and prayers, Frances Porche's testimony, Johnny Cash's Gospel songs, wanting to see my parent's saved, my Mom getting on me about being a better person and enough Bible and academic and scientific knowledge to get a college degree at 18 years old, IT WAS TIME TO STOP RUNNING FROM GOD!

I went to that Baptist Church on that September night and I got this salvation thing done once and for all! I gave everything to Jesus Christ and I knew where I'd be going if I didn't. Bigfoot and Atlantis may or may not be real, but Jesus, angels, devils, and Heaven and Hell are! Praise God for His goodness and never giving up on me!

So, after I got saved, I devoured more books. I read everything Ken Ham, Chuck Missler, Peter Ruckman, James L. Melton, Kent Hovind, J. R. Church, Grant R. Jeffrey, Henry M. Morris, Benny Hinn, Billy Graham, Henry H. Halley, Clarence Larkin, C. I. Scofield etc had to offer. I like God's creation, I like dinosaurs, I like the King James Bible. I was reading Genesis chapter one and understood six days meant six days without help from Ken Ham or anybody else, so yeah, I'm a young earth Creationist. I started out reading a King James Bible and then compared it to the other junk, so yeah I'm King James Only. I know everything I've written here is extensive, and so much for "a summary" but I'm here to tell anybody, there is nothing worth running from God for! There is no reason not to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and get your life right! And there is no book better than a King James Bible and any Christian who isn't a Bible student is not only missing out, but is prolly not doing anything for God either.

Now, if anyone wants to jaw with me about dinosaurs, the six days, chemistry, Temple geometry, Satan's pipes and tabrets, Freemasonry, King James Bible history, or things that go bump in the night, let's jaw brother!

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 08:45:01 PM »
Hi Christopher, yeah I was not finished writing. You guys asked me to tell you about myself and how I came to the Lord. This was the best I could do because my journey to the Lord was a rocky abd complex one. And of course many of the authors I mentioned were not of Christ! Allow me to finish please!

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 08:49:58 PM »
It's a little disheartening that I come on here and share some pretty personal stuff and then my salvation and faith are doubted and questioned before I'm even finished. If that is the kind of behavior of the people on this site, then I'm out of here.

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 09:01:20 PM »
What is it about social media that brings out the worst in Christians? Since I was berated before I even finished giving my testimony, I feel like the Lord is saying the same thing to me He did about deleting my Facebook! "Get rid of it!" So, how do you delete your account? I have real Christian friends in real life, so I really don't need this.

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 09:12:07 PM »
 I guess I'll just take this as, not a waste of time, but as a chance to practice some writing and revisit my testimony. Yeah "welcome Nate, it would help if you told us more about yourself. How did you come to be a young earth Creationist?" Oh wait, we didn't tell you? We're going to misjudge you before you're even finished writing. You guys need to check yourselves! I thank God I'm saved and I don't have to take or appreciate the self righteous tone in which I was talked to either. I have no patience for this Pharisaical anti-501c3 churches snobbery either. Ugh please just delete my account, thanks.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 09:13:25 PM »
Well if you think salvation is just some "thing", I don't think this is the right place for you either. If you want to leave, that's fine but we intend to be honest with you. Salvation is not some "thing". It's a serious matter with eternal consequences and we take it seriously enough to look for the evidence of that in people that join not to condemn anybody but to tell them the truth so that they might be saved. The reason this was brought up is because Chris cared enough for you to be honest with you. There's no reason to get offended for that.

Take some time to check out that link Chris posted before you decide to leave. If you still want to leave, then we can settle this peacefully.

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 09:20:10 PM »
I know salvation is not some "thing" brother! It is EVERYTHING! IT IS JESUS CHRIST SAVING MY SOUL FROM HELL! I was just speaking in normal terms.

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 09:26:01 PM »
How much more information do you guys require to believe I understand salvation? Want me to quote Romans 10, John 3:16-18, Acts 4:12? I confess that I was a rotten sinner who knew I was going to Hell if I didn't ask Jesus to save my soul, and believe and surrender to Him fully!

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 09:32:19 PM »
And is the evidence of your salvation getting in a huff and yelling? Or shouldn't it be of patience and meekness of spirit? Which is it? I don't see any humility of repentance in you based on what you're writing and they way you write. That's our concern. I'm only seeing frustration and anger when it's completely unnecessary. Take some time, take a breath and come back with a clear head. A good way to take a moment would be to check out that link Chris posted on repentance lol. Come back and tell us what you think about it, hopefully in a more peaceful manner.

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 09:32:46 PM »
I didn't realize you guys grilled people who joined the forum like this. I understand we need to be vigilant against false brethren. If I knew that going in, I would have just started my testimony with when I got saved and why I thought I needed saved to begin with. How do I delete all my previous comments and start over?

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 09:37:40 PM »
I'm mainly frustrated because I'm typing on a smartphone, and have to recorrect autocorrect and typos every five words, and because I poured my heart out with my personal journey to Christ only to be criticized halfway through! That would frustrate anybody brother! Are you saying it's a sin to get frustrated? Even the Lord Jesus got frustrated with people!

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 09:39:29 PM »
Can I ask, is criticizing a Christian before he's done writing and ignoring Proverbs 18:13 evidence of your salvation?

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 09:46:20 PM »
Lol I'm reminded of the story Pete Ruckman told one time about a Charismatic who kept asking him how he got saved and then saying he couldn't be saved everytime Ruckman answered him. Ruckman was right about something else too. The people who give a Christian more trouble and strife in this life is other Christians. We really are the only army that shoots our own wounded.

Nate

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 09:50:02 PM »
I no longer want this night time Ananias like interrogation, however. Please just delete my account. Thanks so much and know that living like a Pharisee will not get you any favors with the Lord Jesus you guys claim you believe in.